Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Banshee Feedback

CubedOobleck

Banshee is fun to play, with an interesting combination of utility skills to complement her ultimate.

SONIC BOOM
This skill works perfectly, it feels well balanced and it is useful. The only suggestion I can think of is that bosses could stagger (not knocked to ground like the rest) when they get pushed.

SONAR
I have 3 things to say about this skill: firstly it's the kind of skill you use when you already know where the enemy is, so the radar effect is not very useful; secondly the duration is way too short, ranking up the skill should increase the duration from 5-7 seconds to 15 seconds; thirdly I think it would work nicely as a constant AoE around you rather than only affecting the enemies in range when you first cast it.

SILENCE
This skill would have benefitted from a radar effect a lot (lot) more than Sonar. This is also one of the few skill that should not have a reach and should simply affect every enemy in the map: as it is now enemies outside the reach will hear the gunshots on occasion and activate an alarm negating Silence's usefulness. I think it should last between about 15 seconds too.

SOUND QUAKE

The biggest downside to the skill is it's long duration during which you can be damaged, which I like because it brings in a bit more tactic, but 7 seconds of immobility is really too much. DE needs to either make Sound Quake a couple seconds shorter give it a little boost is range or something to balance the risk of using this skill. The skill is also buggy, I've noticed that sometimes of 2 identical enemies right next to each other only one dies and takes the full damage from the skill.

EXTRA
For being a warframe all about sound and vibration, the sound effects are really unimpressive and could use some work, Sonic Boom for example doesn't 'boom' at all and Sound Quake is just a loud and unoriginal 'hiss'.

Ash feedback - https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/17085-ash-feedback/
Frost feedback - https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/42221-frost-feedback/

Loki feedback - https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/64930-loki-feedback/

Nyx feedback - https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/37656-nyx-feedback/
Rhino feedback - https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/19790-rhino-feedback/?p=176272
Saryn feedback - https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/63519-saryn-feedback/
Trinity feedback - https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/24289-trinity-feedback/?p=217976

Vauban feedback - https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/68822-vauban-feedback/

Stats overview - https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/43702-stats-overview/

Edited by CubedOobleck

Nerf = unhappy.  Don't nerf 3 aspects of one skill at the same time.  

Currently banshee is still my favorite, and not because "op", and I use all skills every match except silence.

I have to agree with that, changing 3 things at once makes it hard gauge how effective the single changes are and often leads to over-nerfing (or over-powering in other cases) things without being then able to know what change you need to undo.

It's still good, the range can be increased with stretch to a more satisfying level, it is rather weak, but i can still clear entire waves on defense missions, obviously after wave 15 you might need more then 1 sound quake to kill enemies, so making the power more efficient or increasing max energy will help, trying to gather 300 or more energy for each wave might not be easy, sometimes you will strugle to actually find 100 energy, let alone 300, but in a good team things can be managed.

As for beeing vulnerable, defense missions have some hiding spots that you can use, on infested any upper platform will do, for corpus just find a corner of some sort, keep in mind the non optimal spot combined with lower range will pretty much enssure that you will need to cast the ability twice.

The main problem becomes regular gameplay, if that's the case, you need to hide before using the ability, which may not be easy and you may risk getting yourself killed.

For xini defense mission, there are 2 spots that i use, one to the right (if pod is behind you) on the upper part, there is a wall/pillar with a box and a locker, just stuck the banshee between the 2, on the left side, try and find a corner, depending on the situation using the broken elevator may do the trick.

On other defense missions it's hard to find one, the reduced range and offcenter casting will make some enemies survive, sometimes in priviledged spots wich can be the end of the pod if you don't have a decent team or a decent frost.

With infested, think before casting, the ancients and all enemies will make you a target, so search elevated platforms, on xini there is a spot with 3 boxes on the left side, use them.

Any other situation like bosses+enemies, regular waves, mobile defense, tight rooms, large rooms,.... just search a corner before casting, make yourself invulnerable by using map walls to protect you.

I will be honest, i hated the nerf at the start, but i can still use the power of the banshee, so i guess the nerf may have been the right thing to do, especially when i can pretty much do the same thing as i did before, if you adapt you will see not much has been changed, you will still kill hundreds of enemies, you just have to be smarter.

If i adapted easily, so can everyone.

Yes, banshee is weaker now, but it's still great.

Edited by KIREEKPSO

The main problem is that Sound Quake is glitched.

It does double damage when you are off-host and thus they have been nerfing SQ because of people complaining about it being overpowered after seeing off-host Banshees.

The logic behind those changes is flawed from start, the root of the problem is still intact.

Just give me one --- polarity (D even) and I'll be happy as can be. I don't care for Quake as much, what I care for is having worthless V polarity, that cripples me since I can't get as many mods as other frames.

Edited by LocoWithGun

V polarity should add waves to quake.

yeah i think having more pulses to soundquake by using continuity mod would be awesome.

and if the soundquake bug is for real (i haven't been paying attention to my soundquake), have you guys reported it already? i think that's one of the problem why they can't balance soundquake properly. i for one can't report the bug because i won't be able to show proof because frankly i don't notice it.

Edited by Busok

Nerf = unhappy.  Don't nerf 3 aspects of one skill at the same time.  

Currently banshee is still my favorite, and not because "op", and I use all skills every match except silence.  

I agree, but I dont like the changes to SQ, they could of reduced the range or just reduce the damage, they didnt need to go overkill mode on it. I feel like the ability was fine the way it was tho, it only seemed super powerful on lower level enemies.

Why do balancing changes lately feel like they are made on the grounds of how efficient a warframe can run Xini and Mobile Defenses? I get that those are practically the "end game" right now but surely this is not going to stay that way for long. (i hope?)

I think the whole loss of invincibility might not have been on purpose.. maybe it was just an unattended patch?

Even if it was unintended, it needs attention for it to return the way it was. It's highly unlikely for it to unintentionally return.

Edited by 3ventic

Worst thing about the banshee nerf is that it also affected Mag, Volt and Saryn's ultimates too and now all the cool ultimate abilities are basically just "press to die" for a lot of frames. Crush doesn't have great range or anything and is buggy so sometimes I can use it and a guy right next to me won't get stunned and just keep shooting me to death. Thanks guys, thanks for ruining a really cool skill.

Soundquake takes quite long time before it starts doing damage and immobilizes player for what feels like really long time.

If it needs to take this long to "charge up" would be nice if it at least immobilized the enemies at the moment the "sound" effect starts.

Also since it doesn't do any meaningful damage to ancients or other bigger enemies could it at least stagger/immobilize them? (or does it do that already? I feel like it doesn't)

Edited by Jahas

It staggers some enemies when they take damage, but you have to do damage, otherwise they will shoot you.

However some enemies are not affected, block yourself with walls or place yourself in areas they cannot reach, that way you will be "invulnerable"

This is acceptable as it is now, but the power is still sweet to use

Edited by KIREEKPSO

I builded Banshee a few days ago. And suddenly nerf. I just invested some money into the game and then it slaps me hard into the face.. I just loved Banshee the way she was. All my colleagues started building this frame. On high lvl Mission Banshee now feels quite of useless. My 4 key now became a selfkill - switch. Form time to time there is a heavy damage stress situation form wich i easily could escape witch soundwave. It just gave my teammates enough time to reorder and help me. Now alle we get is one sudden hard death after the other! I cant even switch to my good old mag as her Ultimate also got nerfed and now bugs the sh** out of me. Every second time I use my ult with mag I cant use any abilitys und just run around with just my 2 firearms left. (sword also does not work) 
I hope this nerf was not based on the community that crys one big river after another here on the forum. Just my opinion but I was totally statisfied with every class and its role. Rhino as a classy cant touch this tank, Banshee as easy defense accelrator. Mag as a nice Mission runner. Volt as a Speedster. Loki as the sneaky look at my copycatguy ninja.

Please dont dead nerf this already nice game to me and my colleagues.

Stick close to the walls, i have done countless defense missions and regular missions, my shields aren't big and they aren't regenerating fast, my health is also standart, i simply think before using soundquake, can the enemies kill me? can i stun them? is there enemies outside my range that can kill me? are there walls, mountains, boxes where i can hide?

So far i avoided deaths and i was able to kill 95% of the enemies i used to kill before.

If you improve yourself and you adapt to the new warframe, then you'll realize it's just as good as before.

You know what kills you right? then hide. I know you want to cast the ability right there, but just move 5 metters and find a corner.

Stick close to the walls, i have done countless defense missions and regular missions, my shields aren't big and they aren't regenerating fast, my health is also standart, i simply think before using soundquake, can the enemies kill me? can i stun them? is there enemies outside my range that can kill me? are there walls, mountains, boxes where i can hide?

So far i avoided deaths and i was able to kill 95% of the enemies i used to kill before.

If you improve yourself and you adapt to the new warframe, then you'll realize it's just as good as before.

You know what kills you right? then hide. I know you want to cast the ability right there, but just move 5 metters and find a corner.

Yeah and then kill maybe two guys? With an AOE attack that costs 100 energy. Woo hoo. Such an excellent ability.

Oh and you're still going to take damage by any enemies who walk around the cover in that stupidly long animation.

I've still made plenty good use of my Banshee. I just soloed a Pluto mission with her tonight. I think people are exaggerating how bad the nerf was. I would like to see a way to break channeled powers though if the invulnerability change was intentional.

done corpus, infested and grineer missions, never had problems with:

- killing enough enemies

- surviving

grineer and some corpus units become stuned, i don't really know how they can go around cover to kill you, my best guess is that you're in the open, which you need to avoid.

In all due honesty, the ability was op and it's decent now.

It's a fantastic ability and i use it just as well as before, sure i may kill 1 or 2 less enemies than before, but those 1 or 2 i can kill with my assault rifle.

If you do not like the ability, don't use it, let those who have mastered it use it instead, atleast we can use it without getting ourselves killed and we help our teammates in the process by dispatching more enemies then any other ability, atleast enemies that aren't ancients.

I can reach wave 30+ on pluto with only my buddy playing his Frost. Ololol....

The point is not that SQ is impossible to use, it's that it's still glitched, a fact which all the "I can do fine with banshee, l2p noobs" people probably don't even know.

As long as this glitch exists, people will complain that SQ is overpowered, and it will get nerfed for no reason like it already did.

Edited by GeistHeller