Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Perhaps Now Is The Time To Remove Shotgun Drop Off

Metalbawkses

Damage faloff is the thing that made people drop "the only playable weapon" (Hek) years ago. Before that you could've sniped with Hek and it was by far the best weapon.

We don't need the damage faloff system removal. It's what makes the shotguns unique. All we need is a shotgun that would be competitive in damage to the most commonly used weapons.

After 2.4 years I finally leveled up the Boar. I liked it more than I thought but the damage falloff ruined it entirely.

Only viable late-game shotgun is Brakk. Because it's pistol.

And Kohm...despite DE's best efforts to frak with it.

Edited by Lanieu

I'm sorry, what? A gun that outputs 10K can wipe the map up to level 40-50 units with zero problem, almost on a per-bullet basis. The "50K" mentality is the "Endless" mentality, which should only exist in Clicker Heroes, and not a coop shooter.

You basically instantly invalidate all content other then content that won't actually even exit unless you stay inside a single endless mission for over an hour, and by then, we use stupid tricks by just cycling abilities anyway.

The only reason people can use 50K damage is to ONLY make the interval between wave 1 and wave 50 go faster, so they can start the ability mash fest that is "higher level content" and start farming for multi core bundles and so on.

This broken mentality is what is causing all the damn problem with "balance", and you want it to be the norm?

So.. Assault rifles like soma prime have around 25-26k burst, Braak has like 76k burst as a hand cannon..

How is giving shot guns amazing burst fire a bad thing..?

Would you rather them not be good at anything when compared to rifles?

This will be a controversial opinion.

Add damage falloff to ALL weapons except for bows, snipers, and explosives.

That would actually differentiate single shot precision / weapons from the spray and pray guns.

This approach would work, but all the soma / boltor p only users will rip it apart the moment they see it.

Damage faloff is the thing that made people drop "the only playable weapon" (Hek) years ago. Before that you could've sniped with Hek and it was by far the best weapon.

We don't need the damage faloff system removal. It's what makes the shotguns unique. All we need is a shotgun that would be competitive in damage to the most commonly used weapons.

Like I stated, people only used hek back then because the lack of variety in weapons, but now our arsenal has expanded so much, it's not gonna make everyone go back to hek but simply make hek a viable choice again. 

The current damage falloff is a handicap and makes shotgun one of the least popular choice next to sniper rifles. While it makes the shotgun unique, it makes it less desirable to players as the current shotguns are inferior to rifles in every possible way.

Wait, wasn't DE working on a shotgun rebalance? What happened with that?

Right now it's like the sniper rifle buff, they mentioned it but no steps are being taken so far. DE mentioned like a year ago(maybe?) that they'll add the option to disable scopes during aim down, but it hasn't happened yet.

How Bout damage increase the closer the target is to you. I know falloff is a problem, but how about also adding a multiplier when it comes to range so we can encourage close base combat so we won't ever need falloff cause it won't be viable. We need to encourage close range combat cause everyone I've seen lately is far range Boltor/Soma prime users and whatever spam 4 frame that's popular.

More melee/shotgun combos please

As a thought I've had, if DE really likes the falloff mechanic, they could reintroduce it as a +Damage/add falloff corrupted mod for shotguns, rewarding people who are willing to play close while not screwing over all of the shotguns.  Otherwise, make it happen, DE.

I'm sorry, what? A gun that outputs 10K can wipe the map up to level 40-50 units with zero problem, almost on a per-bullet basis. The "50K" mentality is the "Endless" mentality, which should only exist in Clicker Heroes, and not a coop shooter.

You basically instantly invalidate all content other then content that won't actually even exit unless you stay inside a single endless mission for over an hour, and by then, we use stupid tricks by just cycling abilities anyway.

The only reason people can use 50K damage is to ONLY make the interval between wave 1 and wave 50 go faster, so they can start the ability mash fest that is "higher level content" and start farming for multi core bundles and so on.

This broken mentality is what is causing all the damn problem with "balance", and you want it to be the norm?

you are literally the reason shot guns suck because you look at paper dps like it is god, if shotguns have 50k burst that means all pellets must hit and you truly believe that will happen enough to be op?

go back to warframe builder you must be joking..

by your logic then the braak should already break the game with 77k burst, oh wait.....

it doesnt....

do you know what sustained dps is?

do you know what pellet spread is?

Edited by (PS4)JiggaJazz

How Bout damage increase the closer the target is to you. I know falloff is a problem, but how about also adding a multiplier when it comes to range so we can encourage close base combat so we won't ever need falloff cause it won't be viable. We need to encourage close range combat cause everyone I've seen lately is far range Boltor/Soma prime users and whatever spam 4 frame that's popular.

More melee/shotgun combos please

yeah range multipliers would be interesting, and could be logically applied to every type of weapons for balance instead of being just a negative for shotguns.

don't mind the actual numbers much, just a quick example to give the idea:

___________Short range__ MId range___Long range

Assault Rifle____1.0_________1,0_________0.8

Shotgun_______1.4_________0.9_________0.5

Sniper Rifle_____0.7_________1.0________1.3

Edited by Oswalder

I think range multipliers would complicate the game too much if you implement it for all weapons.

But I do think it would be nice on shotguns, however simply buffing their DPs would already be the same thing as the closer you are, the more pellets will hit

Pellet spread alone is already a sort of "range multiplier"

If shotguns had high DPs then you wouldn't need range multipliers as getting close up and smacking them will all pellets will be the same thing

Its just a matter of shotguns getting DMG buffs

Maybe fall off could remain on a few if they have ridic DPs but fall off is out dated for the most part

Edited by (PS4)JiggaJazz