Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Eats Up My 1000 Kbit/s Upload When I Host A Raid And It Still Lags

Leero

My Raidgroup has diffculties deciding who will host before each raid.

Today I hosted and it ate up my 1000 kbit/s upload.

I continously checked it on my second monitor after the first complains of lags.

Even players with better connection get complains about lags. We are all from the same country, so distance shouldn't be a problem.

The lags range from short freezes to stuff like:

- Someone started hacking console - the console ui doesn't show up. We all have to wait ~20 sec. If the hacker goes away from the console it will only get worse because no one else will be able to hack it after him until the hacker disconnects.

- Someone fell down, a Player goes to revive him and has a lag during the revive. The player won't be able to move or use any ability now until he dies a complete death and uses a revive. <- This is extremly annoying as it not only forces you to die and use a revive, there's also the looming possibility of not getting any loot due to afk-timer if it happens during the last phase.

- Not being able to go through doors because you still see them as closed.

- People with especially bad lags will see the fomorian core on a different position than it is (farther behind).

Obviously you have to have a good connection to host a raid, but what kind of connection does warframe need to run smoothly?

1. It's pretty usual to have 1000 kbit/s upload. I'm not speaking about download here.

2. We rotate between players who host depending on who is available and has a good connection. And generally play a lot together so I have a good idea about how stable their connection is. Apart from one player everyone should be good enough.

3. Nope. No fps lags. My Computer doesn't struggle with warframe at all. Situations where I drop under 60 fps happen rarely.

I'm really curious how much bandwidth Warframe needs to run smoothly so if anyone got data on that please post it.