Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fps Lag Issues To Be Addressed.

Aimop95

So I have some fps lag issues, namely in that during a lot of action, or just a lot of movement, my fps drops really low, like 12-9 fps low sometimes, other times, it's at a 60fps. But at no point is it consistent. I just updated my Graphics card to GForce GTX 750 TI but the results are still the same. 

I lowered all my settings to minimum, even resolution to 800x600, just to see if my fps would go up, and nothing happened, still got a lot of fps lag during firefights or anything beyond crouching walking. Concerned, I looked to my CPU, and it generally either peaks to 100% or hovers around the 70-100% area.

I unpacked my CPU cores, because I found a thread concerning that here, but it hasn't helped much with my fps lag. I have an intel® Core i5-3450 cpu if this information helps.

This isn't really new to me, I've always had some bad fps lag in this game, but with a new Graphics card, this shouldn't be the case.

Any help or suggestions as to what's wrong with my computer?

What about RAM and your OS? There are quite a few factors that go into lag etc.. not just your GPU and CPU.

Operating System is Windows 7, and for RAM is 16 GB according to my System tab in my control panel.

I also have two hardrives, one's an SSD and the other is a disk drive, my warframe one is located on my SSD, which has 39.3 GB free out of 111GH

Edited by Aimop95

Do you know of any specific spots you lag? I personally get my CPU randomly maxed out for 10% to 100% in ODS and Jupiter Tilesets that have the beams going off. Or is your lag more widespread rather than specific instances?

Do you know of any specific spots you lag? I personally get my CPU randomly maxed out for 10% to 100% in ODS and Jupiter Tilesets that have the beams going off. Or is your lag more widespread rather than specific instances?

it's not really places, more of fighting and when abilities are going off like mad. I do expect some lag when there are lights everywhere, but often, even before powers start to go off, I get terrible fps lag. Mainly during when people start shooting at enemies.

I have noticed a massive increase of fps (and it's nice) when I lower my pubbing requirements, but it still hovers around 20 or so fps. 

Edited by Aimop95

do you monitor your temperatures ?

do you have a process that is eating your ram ?demanding a lot of calculating ?

according to the graphic card, which is Nvidia, do you have the geforce experience running? shadow play also?

my rig is: i5 2550k @4ghz ; GTX760 ; 2x4g RAM @1600mhz ; OS win7 ; SSD for os and warframe is on it as well

do you monitor your temperatures ?

do you have a process that is eating your ram ?demanding a lot of calculating ?

according to the graphic card, which is Nvidia, do you have the geforce experience running? shadow play also?

my rig is: i5 2550k @4ghz ; GTX760 ; 2x4g RAM @1600mhz ; OS win7 ; SSD for os and warframe is on it as well

Don't really know how to monitor my temp.

As for the process eating my Ram, or at least demands most of my CPU attention, that's the game itself.

Also I'm not aware that geforce experience demands a lot from my cpu, and no, I don't use shadow play. I've only used geforce exp to check out "optimal settings" for my game.

You have a CPU bottleneck. If you reduce the graphical fidelity and still see no improvements in performance, it's associated with the CPU, especially if it's running at 100% utilization. It might be very well a thermal problem with regulating temperatures. Download HWMonitor here: http://www.cpuid.com/downloads/hwmonitor/hwmonitor_1.27.exe and run it while you play. Report back the temperatures.

Also, I see a pinned post: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/289256-unparking-cpu-cores-potential-fix-for-users-experiencing-cpu-performance-issues/ that might help you out.

Edited by Bazooka101

Yeah I'm pretty sure that's too much heat. Correct me if I'm wrong, but most people would consider 102-104 C to be EXTREMELY hot for a cpu! (I think that's 1 degree away from your system shutting down due to heat...) It could certainly explain the high cpu usage because the cpu downclocks under high temperature and then needs to have a higher usage to counteract the lower clocks.

intel core hovers around the 102-4 degrees C mark for all 4 cores

102 / 104° celcius ???you kidding ? YOU'RE KILLING YOUR PC(cpu at least) DUDE

so before you do anything, open the case, remove the cpu cooler and change the thermal paste, then put back the cooler and check if temp goes normally

if you don't have any thermal paste at home, i recommend checking a store in your town, small tube of thermal go between 2usd and 10usd

which is about 4grams, which is just what is needed for one use

Edited by 5h1n0k4m1

102 / 104° celcius ???you kidding ? YOU'RE KILLING YOUR PC(cpu at least) DUDE

so before you do anything, open the case, remove the cpu cooler and change the thermal paste, then put back the cooler and check if temp goes normally

if you don't have any thermal paste at home, i recommend checking a store in your town, small tube of thermal go between 2usd and 10usd

which is about 4grams, which is just what is needed for one use

Welp, that will have to wait for tomorrow morning, but I'll shut my computer down for now and try your suggestion.

intel core hovers around the 102-4 degrees C mark for all 4 cores

Yeah, if it's a desktop, maximum temperatures for those CPUs are around that, and if it reaches that area, the computer begins throttling performance to make sure the processor doesn't burn out. As said by another poster, replace the thermal paste. If that doesn't work, you may need to get a new cooler.

If that's the case, look for LGA 1155 socket coolers. One recommendation would be: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103099

Best of luck.

So I applied the thermal paste, but I'm still not sure what's going on. I think i may have been suffering an internet connection problem type of lag, because the cpu still shows my temp going up to like 100 degrees C (or maybe i'm reading it all wrong), but my family just upgraded from earthlink DSL to Comcast cable and now I am getting a steady 60-50 fps now...with everything set on high or turned on.

CPU%20for%20things.png

This is a pic of when I'm not running Warframe or anything really intensive, but the cpu temps still look really high. What do you guys think? I also just changed the thermal paste.

Edited by Aimop95

Hey man thanks for the reply back! I'm sorry that didn't work so I'll suggest some other things (some of these may be simple to you but I have to assume that you didn't check for these so keep that in mind)

This might be sort of a stupid question but is the fan on your cpu cooler even spinning?

Did you try cleaning out any dust in your case with compressed air?

Try checking task manager when you are at idle and see if you have high cpu load there too because then it could be a virus

If all else fails, you could go with Bazooka's suggestion and get that Hyper 212 Evo, but do the stuff that doesn't involve spending money first.

As for cpu voltages, I'd like to hear from someone who has some experience with hwmoniter because I'm seeing 2 values for the cpu vcore. One (the average of .872V one) looks pretty normal and the other (the average of 1.688V one) looks awfully high. Unfortunately, I've never used hwmoniter, so I don't know what the difference is between the two vcores.

Then again, I've also heard of hwmoniter spitting out wrong numbers before...

Just a friendly reminder, before you do anything in your computer case, touch a metal object to get rid of static

Hey man thanks for the reply back! I'm sorry that didn't work so I'll suggest some other things (some of these may be simple to you but I have to assume that you didn't check for these so keep that in mind)

This might be sort of a stupid question but is the fan on your cpu cooler even spinning?

Did you try cleaning out any dust in your case with compressed air?

Try checking task manager when you are at idle and see if you have high cpu load there too because then it could be a virus

If all else fails, you could go with Bazooka's suggestion and get that Hyper 212 Evo, but do the stuff that doesn't involve spending money first.

As for cpu voltages, I'd like to hear from someone who has some experience with hwmoniter because I'm seeing 2 values for the cpu vcore. One (the average of .872V one) looks pretty normal and the other (the average of 1.688V one) looks awfully high. Unfortunately, I've never used hwmoniter, so I don't know what the difference is between the two vcores.

Then again, I've also heard of hwmoniter spitting out wrong numbers before...

Just a friendly reminder, before you do anything in your computer case, touch a metal object to get rid of static

My cpu fan is spinning just fine. Also, all lag in warframe is gone. However, as you guys can see, the temp looks high, so I'm fairly confused on what to do. Also, I have low cpu when i'm idling. So that's out.

Edited by Aimop95

yeah I think u might be good? seeing as how it's unlikely that an i5 would throttle and still maintain good framerates in a cpu intensive game like warframe.

Maybe hwmoniter is just derping and spitting out wrong numbers? I don't know because I've never used it before.

On the other hand, some of those values in hwmoniter (like the high fanspeeds, possibly high vcore, and of course, high temps) are somewhat suspicious, so...maybe wait until some hwmoniter user comes along and maybe elaborates on what's going on here

I have i7 4790K, GTX980

I used to have 450 FPS in liset and 250 in raid.

After today's 16.6 update.

My fps randomly drops like crazy.

Even happens while Idling in liset.

Liset:

55~450 FPS

Raid:

19~50 FPS

wow, just wow

Edited by aerosoul1337

like someone above suggested do what's not involve spending money in first

i feel sorry that you even changed the thermal paste and it don't go well after that

did you tried any other soft to monitor the hardware?

i use this one ->HWINFO

edit: because after taking a closer look to the picture you provided, something seems messed/wrong

see...

1432821850-hwinfo.png

my cpu go to 80°C under heavy usage, with an overclocking at 4.2Ghz, with the intel stock fan and cooler (with thermal paste older than 2years)

also it's most unbelievable that when it's in idle state the usage is at 0% o_O

also if you touch the case with your hand, you would notice if it's really that hot

Edited by 5h1n0k4m1

I would suggest you get an aftermarket CPU cooler. My stock intel cooler was clocking 80C-90C, I got a cheap one that maxes at 75C and that's on the most intense Ultra fps killer setting. Make sure you invest in a good Thermal paste, I learned the hard way how bad cheap ones are.

Make sure that your Power supply is adequate for your card, factoring in its efficiency rating. Intel core i5 is plenty good for GTX 750 so I dont think throttling is the problem here. 

like someone above suggested do what's not involve spending money in first

i feel sorry that you even changed the thermal paste and it don't go well after that

did you tried any other soft to monitor the hardware?

i use this one ->HWINFO

edit: because after taking a closer look to the picture you provided, something seems messed/wrong

see...

1432821850-hwinfo.png

my cpu go to 80°C under heavy usage, with an overclocking at 4.2Ghz, with the intel stock fan and cooler (with thermal paste older than 2years)

also it's most unbelievable that when it's in idle state the usage is at 0% o_O

also if you touch the case with your hand, you would notice if it's really that hot

Oddly enough, my case isn't hot, in fact, there is very little heat coming off my cpu fan or near my cpu, whatever temps HWMoniter is saying, either 100 degrees C isn't enough to make a massive heatwave appear when I open my case, or the program is just plain wrong (that or I have a skewed idea of what 100 degrees C is like).

Regardless, I am now able to get a consistent 60 fps and my CPU usage is no longer maxed out (though it does peak occasionally). Also, this consistent fps is with my game running on high settings. 

Note, this all changed when my family upgraded to a new comcast service internet and I changed the thermal paste on my cpu. Still, I would like to know exactly why my computer was having issues prior to the thermal paste change.

I would suggest you get an aftermarket CPU cooler. My stock intel cooler was clocking 80C-90C, I got a cheap one that maxes at 75C and that's on the most intense Ultra fps killer setting. Make sure you invest in a good Thermal paste, I learned the hard way how bad cheap ones are.

Make sure that your Power supply is adequate for your card, factoring in its efficiency rating. Intel core i5 is plenty good for GTX 750 so I dont think throttling is the problem here.

like we saying, do what is not involve spending money on first

i would rather install HWINFO, just to be sure that's not a mess from cpuid hwmonitor

Edited by 5h1n0k4m1