Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Synoid Rebalance Suggestion

Ironlixivium

If you came here looking for a "Y U DO THIS DE ITS LESS DMG NOW HOW COULD U" thread, I must warn you, that's not what this is. It's just a suggestion to make it more like it's original version, without the op part. 

Basically, make it's stats more like this:

damage: 120

rof: 3

magazine: 60

ammo: 240 (exactly 3 spare clips)

This would give it a dps of 360.

At first I liked they way they handled the synoid, but it didn't occur to me that it's no longer the same weapon.

It was a low rof high damage laser that could stay on for a while. But at first it had too much damage, making it a high dps weapon.

DE gave it the same issue as other dps weapons to balance it out, but at that point, it was a low damage high rof weapon, a completely different class from the one all those people poured potatoes into. 

I don't think it should return to being op, but I don't think it should be such a different weapon than what it was released as.

So what do you think?

I would've been perfectly okay with the nerf... if it wasn't such a drastic, and sudden change. 7x its original rate of fire is just too much, its low rate of fire was what kept it from being a garbage weapon like many before it (spectra comes to mind). If the 7x was more like 3x, that would've been a good number.

Even then, this makes me question one thing about this game. Why exactly, do we have a primary and secondary slot? Primaries and secondaries are essentially the same thing, most games, a secondary is always a 'last resort' kind of weapon. In warframe, its just another weapon, although smaller in physical appearance. In this game, a secondary is capable of having the same rate-of-fire as a primary, while having more damage, or vice versa, or even being better at everything, there is truly no differentiating factor between a primary weapon, and a secondary weapon, except for while in bleedout, you can use a 'secondary', which may or may not even be more understandable to use, considering that some secondaries are fairly larger than a primary, or deal more damage, or simply don't make sense in the "I'm lying down on the ground bleeding out, time to use my secondary weapon that fires about 20 mini-rockets" while your primary is a crossbow, or a small semi-auto or even full-auto rifle.

That horse was modded with Undying Will, perhaps....

Anyway, I agree...rof weapons don't have to be stupid powerful, even though I liked how my Phage got rid of heavy units, I'm certainly content with just having something reliable and efficient to clear garbage out with.

Edited by weirdee

I think its great I Killed Vor solo in T4 Intercept. I do think it was Super OP and there for was and still is My Favorite Secondary.

imo I love Synoid, please dont have it Nerfed anymore =(

This suggested change that can't be called a nerf. IMO Flux Rifle or something similar should be made into the new "high (but not quite as high) DPS, low (maybe not quite as low) economy" beam weapon.

Just give it up.

They wont touch this weapon ever again. Get a dual cestra for wearing those bubbles out and stick with a good automatic primary or bow.

Uhh, why is your post the first one? What dark magic is this? O_O

On topic, I'm hoping you're wrong, I just wanted to make it what it was...

The problem is the ammo system really. If both boxes and restores gave you % of the total ammo pool instead of fixed (and let's be fair downright pathetic) amounts not just Synoid but a lot of other weapons would've became viable.

Same issue as with Glaxion. Fire for 5 seconds, collect ammo boxes for the rest of the mission to get at least 1 magazine back.

20 rounds mean a lot for Marelok, Latron, Lex, etc.

20 rounds mean something for Braton (Pr), Boltor, etc

20 rounds mean a bit for Soma (Pr), Amprex, etc

20 rounds mean NOTHING for Synoid, Synapse, Glaxion, etc

Uhh, why is your post the first one? What dark magic is this? O_O

On topic, I'm hoping you're wrong, I just wanted to make it what it was...

Its black magic. I have ushered the powers of the Necromonicon. Fear me!

On topic, its an assumption. I have mine with 4 forma and a catalyst but other than taking down nullfier shields, its useless.

The dual cestras are superior to the dex furis so, if you want a decent automatic secondary, the dual cesstras arent bad,

DE's not going to change it right after they nerfed it.  Maybe some time down the line, but it's probably not happening for a while.

Right now they've got other weapons that have been sitting around for longer without appropriate buffs like the Glaxion, Karak (and Karak Wraith), and Supra to deal with.

Edited by TenguBlade

DE's not going to change it right after they nerfed it.  Maybe some time down the line, but it's probably not happening for a while.

Right now they've got other weapons that have been sitting around for longer without appropriate buffs like the Glaxion, Karak (and Karak Wraith), and Supra to deal with.

idk, seems like it being recently nerfed is a good thing, it would make it subject to change imo. 

a secondary is a smaller version of the primary :D

your primary it the main kind of weapon you want to use, the secondary is complementary to that. 

In this game, not really, unless you're talking specifically about the aksomati, or marelok, most secondaries are their own weapon, not being based off of a primary.

There are several secondaries that out-perform primaries by a lot, marelok (which is even superior to its primary counter-part, the grinlok), along with the synoid gammacor, angstrum, telos akbolto, brakk, etc.

idk, seems like it being recently nerfed is a good thing, it would make it subject to change imo. 

Said who?  Supra got nerfed only because of how they redistributed damage types in Damage 2.0 and nothing has happened to it since.

In this game, not really, unless you're talking specifically about the aksomati, or marelok, most secondaries are their own weapon, not being based off of a primary.

There are several secondaries that out-perform primaries by a lot, marelok (which is even superior to its primary counter-part, the grinlok), along with the synoid gammacor, angstrum, telos akbolto, brakk, etc.

What I meant was, a good (balanced) loadout would have a secondary that works well with your primary. This doesn't mean a weapon of the same style, it means you would pair a shotgun with a long range pistol, or a sniper with a high power one handed shotgun/high power pistol. Gun's that cover eachother's weaknesses :D

If you don't do this, dw, I don't do this all the time either :/

Said who?  Supra got nerfed only because of how they redistributed damage types in Damage 2.0 and nothing has happened to it since.

Said me o.0 that's why I said "imo", lol. I dunno, just seems like it to me

Why is everyone flaming about the ''nerf''?!

It is exactly the same DPS like before! The only problem is the ammo consumption. So sacrifice only one slot and throw in there a max primed ammo mutation and you wont feel a difference to the prenerf.

Edited by Tyreuzs

The problem is that the people who are complaining about the nerf are the ones who stack all fire rate mods on, and since the fire rate increase scales of the base fire rate it now grows to huge ammo consumption once you get all 3 mods on. JUST TAKE OUT ANEMIC AGILITY AND GUNSLINGER, then the fire rate doesn't burn your ammo.

The synoid is in a good place as it is now.

Honestly I have zero issues with it. Sticking a non prime ammo mutation on it works just fine for me. Course I have three formas in mine and a potato.

And I can't believe Cestras were suggested talk about a secondary in need of a rework...

Yeah, it's not about where it is, it's about how it was changed. They essentially released a high power rifle, which everyone liked, so they put time and effort into it. The problem was, it was overpowered, and had more dps than a high power low rof weapon should have. To change that, they turned this high power rifle into a light machine gun.

Why is everyone flaming about the ''nerf''?!

It is exactly the same DPS like before! The only problem is the ammo consumption. So sacrifice only one slot and throw in there a max primed ammo mutation and you wont feel a difference to the prenerf.

The problem is that the people who are complaining about the nerf are the ones who stack all fire rate mods on, and since the fire rate increase scales of the base fire rate it now grows to huge ammo consumption once you get all 3 mods on. JUST TAKE OUT ANEMIC AGILITY AND GUNSLINGER, then the fire rate doesn't burn your ammo.

The synoid is in a good place as it is now.

You know what's not funny and has never been? People who don't even read the first sentence of the OP before posting. :/ It's very irritating, you assumed everything you think you know about this thread. Read the post. -_-

Since regular Gammacor has a RoF of 5, I feel the ONLY fitting RoF on the Synoid would be... 5!

So I'd propose this:

Damage: 65

RoF: 5

Magazine: 70

ammo: 210 (exactly 3 spare magazines, and also the same spare ammo as the regular Gammacor (and most other secondaries too))

This gives it DPS of 325, a more healthy amount of base DPS, and also a more moderate upgrade from the Gammacor, similar to how all the other Syndicate weapons are (bar Rakta Ballistica, but that is the case of the Rakta being a teeny, tiny bit overbuffed and the regular Ballistica being quite crappy).

-snip-

I'd be fine with this, too. The only reason I wanted to have less rof than the original gammacor, was to be more like the original synoid was (as that was the point of this whole idea)

Like I said though, this would be good too. I just don't think it's a good idea to have changed it so drastically o.0 (low rof high dmg > high rof low dmg)

I'd be fine with this, too. The only reason I wanted to have less rof than the original gammacor, was to be more like the original synoid was (as that was the point of this whole idea)

Like I said though, this would be good too. I just don't think it's a good idea to have changed it so drastically o.0 (low rof high dmg > high rof low dmg)

Then we are in complete agreement :)

I didn't mind -A- nerf, it needed one, being far too powerful (and in a way, still is!). It was just too radical, indeed.

• 2 weeks later...

It's because Rakta Ballistica and Vaykor Marelok are better than every other weapon. Synoid before the nerf could actually stand on par with the two, due to having sucky proc blasts. we want all the syndicate weapons to be on par.