Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Opticor...why In My Eyes It's The Best.

-Appa-

Well I know it's been sometime since the release of the Opticor, but I wanted to throw my own 2 pence into the equation. So first off, right off the bat it starts with decent stats, 500 base damage, 425 of which being puncture, which if you run 4x corrosive projections, is not as good as just having slash, but using the right elements will negate this. But then when you max the sh*t out of this weapon it's hits like a truck, and yes the fire rate is bad, but well once you get your hands on vile acceleration... You'll fall in love with this weapon.

Okay okay, by know you probably think I'm all about stats. But n... The appearance of the Opticor is just... I can't even express my own opinion in words... It's just... Perfectly designed, and it doesn't stop their, they could of just put in the Lanka bullet projectiles, but no... DE, just blew my mind with the Beautiful trail it leaves behind. But one bad point I have to admit, is it does look like you've turned into a turtle when it's on your back... So just don't put it away... Let the enemy see your big gun...

Anyway, the reason behind this thread was feedback on the Opticor, which is a tonne bias, but hey, it's an Amazing weapon, so Digital Extremes...

Thank you

Edited by Nemesis-Infinity

Still have the opticor in my inventory, awaiting to either put a patato and formas, or waiting to delete it.

1 - I'm afraid of the usual, random nerf or change that would makes it not worth (im glad i didnt invest on the synoid)

2 - charge and immediate fire mechanic, trows me off of liking this weapon

3 - its look so sweet, all that swag makes me love it, wanna make babies with it

4 - idk if ill like it better then my amazing bows, which I can charge and shoot at will

so undecided yet :P

Edited by 7grims

its good but tonkor beats its damage easy at super high levels lvl 100+.

idk if thats a fair comparison, since those weapons are not even the same kind.

tonkor, although amazing and good, its ridiculing allot of weapons that used to be awesome, like the ogris and penta, still, hopping that the tonkor doesnt get changed or nerfed

Edited by 7grims

Still have the opticor in my inventory, awaiting to either put a patato and formas, or waiting to delete it.

1 - I'm afraid of the usual, random nerf or change that would makes it not worth

3 - its look so sweet, all that swag makes me love it, wanna make babies with it

4 - idk if ill like it better then my amazing bows, which I can charge and shoot at will

Bows are Bows... But don't you wanna say you got the biggest gun in your arsenal? Every time I go to the relays, I always get a fine look from the steel meridian leader ;) Edited by Nemesis-Infinity

Whenever i use it reminds of Xcom Enemy Within, the mech units have similar rail guns (it is so satisfying watching melting aliens).

Too bad i'm too clumsy to use it's charge mechanic in warframe.

Edited by Morgax

Whenever i use it reminds of Xcom Enemy Within, the mech units have similar rail guns (it is so satisfying watching melt aliens).

Too bad i'm too clumsy to use it's charge mechanic in warframe.

But you also got to take into account the ammo economy, it's so efficient ;) But idk, if you got a massive load, you always have to charge before you shoot ;)

Bows are Bows... But don't you wanna say you got the biggest gun in your arsenal? Every time I go to the relays, I always get a fine look from the steel meridian leader ;)

yah the looks are the only solid thing for me so far.

yet i dont do relay swag walks, painting ur frame red and black, and using discussing disgusting big and bright sigils makes me vomit

Edited by 7grims

1 - I'm afraid of the usual, random nerf or change that would makes it not worth (im glad i didnt invest on the synoid)

Immediate charge just tkaes getting used to. It's awesome, trust me. 

It's a balanced wep, so go for it! It won't get nerfed or buffed anytime soon.

yah the looks are the only solid thing for me so far.

yet i dont do relay swag walks, painting ur frame red and black, and using discussing big and bright sigils makes me vomit

I guess you meant disgusting, but yh I completely understand, not everyone likes the same thing, but for me, I like seeing big flashy things, and I always get complements ;) Edited by Nemesis-Infinity

so i crafted that gun like 2 (now 3) days ago and i still don't know how should i build it for void which elemental dmg should i pick and how many formas should i put on my opticor and how mod that railgun?

Edited by dregomz

But one bad point I have to admit, is it does look like you've turned into a turtle when it's on your back... So just don't put it away... Let the enemy see your big gun...

It's a jetpack.

JetpackCrewmamQuanta.png

Edited by AM-Bunny

so i crafted that gun like 2 (now 3) days ago and i still don't know how should i build it for void which elemental dmg should i pick and how many formas should i put on my opticor and how mod that railgun?

Tbh you can mod it any way you want but yes okay there is a best burst damage build and a best sustained damage build, but here's my build

http://tinyurl.com/Opticor

~snip~

That is so brillaint... so thats gonna be our new syandana? :3

Leveled the Opticor just for mastery here. While I can understand that its insane damage per hit and hulking aesthetics mesmerize people, the thing is so dang clunky to use for my taste. I think the main problem is the delay after the shot.

That being said, I'd much rather use the Penta for my Launcher needs. At least its slow fire rate can be compensated by firing above a crowd and making those juicy headshots.

Edited by Sonitorum

Leveled the Opticor just for mastery here. While I can understand that its insane damage per hit and hulking aesthetics mesmerize people, the thing is so dang clunky to use for my taste. I think the main problem is the delay after the shot.

That being said, I'd much rather use the Penta for my Launcher needs. At least its slow fire rate can be compensated by firing above a crowd and making those juicy headshots.

I wouldn't really call the Opticor a launcher. 

It's kind of similar to say, sniper rifle actually. a incredibly heavy hitting, "f-this-place-in-particular" type with some AoE damage.