Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Opticor...why In My Eyes It's The Best.

-Appa-

I recently dusted off my Opticor (5 Forma) and put gold on all of the metallic parts and gave it a golden energy color because.... why not? And darn, I am not normally one for the gaudy stuff but there is something about holding a big as piece of golden-ness that fires a beam of golden energy. 

Oh, and I do find it as a suitable alternative to bows, the splash damage for the weak mobs is just icing on the cake. 

The opticor is mastery fodder. The only good parts about it are the visuals.

Compared to a Torid/Tonkor, its a joke, In fact, all launchers are joke compared to the torid/tonkor as the torid/tonkor has no charge to fire type. Tokor is even a crit weapon.

So, enjoy your mastery fodder people. The opticor could never hope to over come its simply superior alternative, namely paris prime.

Heck, the daikyu is more convenient because you dont have to press the mouse button to fire. A simple click and just aim.

So much more convent for your fingers.

The opticor isnt a BFG, its BFJoke.

Oh, and I have mine with 4 forma and a potato. Its a bad gun. Moving on...

Edited by HandsomeSorcerer

The opticor is mastery fodder. The only good parts about it are the visuals.

Compared to a Torid/Tonkor, its a joke, In fact, all launchers are joke compared to the torid/tonkor as the torid/tonkor has no charge to fire type. Tokor is even a crit weapon.

So, enjoy your mastery fodder people. The opticor could never hope to over come its simply superior alternative, namely paris prime.

Heck, the daikyu is more convenient because you dont have to press the mouse button to fire. A simple click and just aim.

So much more convent for your fingers.

The opticor isnt a BFG, its BFJoke.

Oh, and I have mine with 4 forma and a potato. Its a bad gun. Moving on...

Here we go with another part of "it's not X so it's a mastery fodder"

Here we go with another part of "it's not X so it's a mastery fodder"

Of course, the jam "mechanic"  of the gun instantly makes it inferior to bows.

Its just annoying to use and not rewarding.

Again, tonkor/torid/paris p/dread much better choices but I must say, it looks shiny and nice in the back, when its not being used.

If you dont know what the jam is, try spaming the gun, if you can. You can do so with bows, at leastprimary bows, not the balistica.

Again, the opticor is mastery fodder.

Edited by HandsomeSorcerer

A fully charged Opticor shot actually has a 2x multiplier, meaning that it deals 1000 base damage as opposed to 500.

In terms of raw numbers, nothing else comes close (though Bows do outscale thanks to crit)

It also has that tasty splash damage.

Honestly, I'd say the Opticor is underrated in terms of how good it is

Mine will hit 6-digit damage numbers without any buffs, which is pretty insane for something without red crits.