Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tonkor: A Small Quality Of Life Addition

Renegade343

Hello all,

Having used the Tonkor to clean up Uranus for a while (and really, what did Uranus do to deserve repeated infected penetrations?), as well as using its aim down sights gimmick (the white trail that shoots out of the grenade launcher to indicate where the load would roughly go to), there is a small thing I would like to address: 

When the Tonkor is equipped with Split Chamber, the second grenade will most likely have a different path of its own (or sometimes laying on the top of the first grenade). Due to the second grenade's tendency to travel in another arc rather than following the first grenade, would it be possible to, when aiming down sights, have another trail indicating where the second grenade will roughly land at, so that players could use it to their advantage if necessary? The trail will also correspond to the number of grenades the next shot will be, meaning that if the next shot will only shoot out one grenade, there will only be one trail. This will also provide the benefit of telling the player how many grenades will be in the next shot, so that said player can plan out what to do. 

Please discuss civilly in this thread.

As far as I know, Multishot is calculated when you pull the trigger, so unless they changed how multi shot is calculated then it wouldn't work. I'd rather have the trail give a better idea of how the grenades arc, I'm used to it now, but when I was first using it beyond mid range the aiming arc doesn't help much.

The only issue is that it would be calculating the number of rounds shot before the trigger was pulled, which is not the case with any weapon. An exception might be able to be made with unique code, but it may not be efficient to do so.

You can just have the RNG for Split Chamber be rolled first just after the shot, instead of doing so at a shot. 

If the first round goes perfectly through the arc every time, but the second round deviates then something is not right. Either the first round is not being affected by accuracy and needs fixing (arc predictor should be a cone?) or maybe you're just moving at the time you fire it? Does it have any significant recoil that could be changing the arc for the second shot?

(I found the two round mag really wonky and haven't used mine at all since mastering it. - hope we get an aug to make it a one round mag or burst fire so it can be one shot -> one reload like Vectis.)

Edited by VKhaun

If the first round goes perfectly through the arc every time, but the second round deviates then something is not right. Either the first round is not being affected by accuracy and needs fixing (arc predictor should be a cone?) or maybe you're just moving at the time you fire it? Does it have any significant recoil that could be changing the arc for the second shot?

(I found the two round mag really wonky and haven't used mine at all since mastering it. - hope we get an aug to make it a one round mag or burst fire so it can be one shot -> one reload like Vectis.)

I have been standing still and shooting the Tonkor at a certain point, and there is no recoil, but even so, the second grenade will most often have a slightly different arc, or a significant one. 

In fact, given that the Tonkor's accuracy is 12.5, that would make sense for the shots to deviate, but all I want is a rough prediction of where the second shot will be. 

The arc-display when aiming down sights shows where the grenade would go IF IT HAD 100% ACCURACY. But it has kinda bad accuracy (just 12,5), so the OP's suggestion is meaningless, sorry. Well, unless you buff its accuracy too, but then the second grenade would be shot closer to the first one anyway.

The arc-display when aiming down sights shows where the grenade would go IF IT HAD 100% ACCURACY. But it has kinda bad accuracy (just 12,5), so the OP's suggestion is meaningless, sorry. Well, unless you buff its accuracy too, but then the second grenade would be shot closer to the first one anyway.

Actually, the first grenade does land pretty close to the point where the arc ends, in a very small circle.