Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Random Idea To Make Bows More Apealing! (And Others! By "not Me"! Maybe!)

Eruend

Just a random thought that crossed my mind after posting up a topic for snipers, which, if applied, would likely steal the show from bows forever. (train of thought follows, the actual idea is past the separation)

Bows and snipers are very similar in role and use. Though currently, bows have the advantages of innate punch through, silent fire and the option of rapid fire. all that without worrying about clip size! All that for a curved trajectory!

I feel that it is simply too easy for one of these two weapon types to overshadow the other atm, and for that reason, I started thinking of the traits bows have over guns in general.

So far, most of these traits are already set, but then I started thinking about most/all super heroes or characters that made using bows their thing. The one thing they all share. Versatility in the arrow types! The quiver can hold multiple types of arrows!

Now before my mind started going rampant over the improbable possibilities, I went and thought about what this game already has set up. More specifically, the customisation bit. We already have three available mod setups for any/all pieces of equipment. So why not use that?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What I came up with, was that it would be cool if bows could freely chose between these three custom setups during the mission! Switching between A, B and C as needed! Giving bows the option of versatility over the sniper's raw ability to suppress threats in single-shot manner!

I'm still trying to figure out how a player could easily do this (even on console), but imagine how cool it would be if you could decide to switch from super crazy crit builds to crazy fast shots or switch elements at a whim, allowing the player to go for more specialized builds!

Edited by Eruend

i was thinking, since bows can't reload, maybe pressing reload can actively cycle through your arrowheads? or maybe have a couple of gear slots be for your arrow heads?

Funny story, I thought about the exact same thing just 10 minutes ago in the shower. Ya beat me to it! XD

It would be easy to cycle through the three sets by pressing the reload button while you don't have an arrow cocked! That reload button isn't doing anything for the bow anyway right?

Although I'm not entirely certain that I understand what you mean by using gear slots. Can't we do that much already?

Edited by Eruend

Before bows got their insane damage buff this is the idea I proposed to buff them. So that bows weren't insane damage makers but rather diverse utility weapons, and each of the bows would have their own unique set of utility arrows. 

Glad others share my way of thinking, I'm all for it. +1 

Actually, pressing reload while having an arrow loaded will unload the arrow without firing, but other than that function (which needs to be tested to not also swap arrow types at the same time), pmuch what you said.