Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ongoing: Obsolete Descriptions.

[DE]Rebecca

Hi everyone,

One thing I've been working on when I get time is fixing obsolete descriptions.

Example:

Observing Dark Sword description saying:

'high damage charge attack'.

Will be changed to:

'attacks with innate Radiation damage'.

If you notice things like this, please post them in this thread so they have an official home.

Thanks,

Rebecca

Volt: 

"Volt can create and harness electrical elements. This is a high-damage warframe perfect for players looking for a potent alternative to gunplay."

Volt is a versatile all-rounder who works well with a team, not so much an alternative to gunplay.

Edit: ninja'd

Edited by vaugahn

Still remember this weapon description (don't remember which), that said something like: "further investigation and use is needed to fully understand this weapon"

I knew that the codex was useless, and never got to be a good replacement to the wiki, but that description in particular, enraged me like hell.

EDIT:

found it, it was the Mutalist Quanta

"A bizarre union of Corpus technology and Infested biology, this automatic rifle can also deploy an irradiated airborne infested mass. Further field testing is required to fully understand the potential of this weapon."

it only used to have the last sentence, guess it was updated already.

Edited by 7grims

Warframes:
-> Of the Prime Warframes that have lore in theirs descriptions (Excal, Ember, Mag and Rhino) Excal and Ember normal counterparts also have the lore in their description instead of a description.
-> Volt's Alternative to gunplay description.
-----//--------
Weapons
-> Akmagnus indicates that it has double the reload size fo the regular magnus. Regular Magnus has 2.0 reload and akmagnus has 3.0. Should be changed to "increased reload time" instead of double.
-> Boltor - since the update it had, are the bolts still considered slow? should it be just heavy bolts?
-> Dark Sword says Charge Attacks (as mentioned in OP)
-> Dual Ether has the exact same text as the Ether Sword, name and everything. Give new description?
-> Is the Fang a stiletto? isn't a stilleto a knife with a very thin blade? Fang's blades are huge in comparison. (I guess it'll depend on who designed it but since i'm not sure if its wrong or right i'll put it here for review)
-> Galatine says "Massive charged power".
-> Mire. says "deals poison damage on ground slam and charge attack". just take out charge attack.

-----//-----

Shop and Miscellanious

-> Dragon Keys - Not exactly obsolete but couldn't their description also mention wat they are for? Something like "used to open lost orokin vaults aboard derelit ships" ?
->  Ammo, health and energy pads should have their description altered to Restores x to all team members within a short area.
->  Berserker Bundle: maybe add Valkyr's name to the description or change it to had more oomph to match the berserker name in the title. Something like " Rip through your enemies with the latest Valkyr Warframe and this set of close quarters weaponry, with boosters to reach their true potential faster."
-> Grammar correction on the stalker pack

Edit: Full findings on warframes and weapons.

Edit 2: Miscellaneous findings.Will finish later.

Edit 3: Seem to have finished. should i find something else through regular playing i'll post it here. Hope it helps! ^^

Edited by Lone.Hunter.99

Volt thing has already been mentioned.

Might I suggest changing the Drakgoon's description a bit so it says "Can be fired in wide or concentrated shots" rather than "concentrated bursts?"  It sounds a little bit like it's a burst-fire shotgun if one isn't familiar with the mechanics of the Corvas.

Also, Gram isn't really notorious for anything except being nerfed.

Edited by TenguBlade

Hi everyone,

One thing I've been working on when I get time is fixing obsolete descriptions.

Example:

Observing Dark Sword description saying:

'high damage charge attack'.

Will be changed to:

'attacks with innate Radiation damage'.

If you notice things like this, please post them in this thread so they have an official home.

Thanks,

Rebecca

Great subject! Been waiting for this.

In some cases it's simple-like in your example.

But often it isn't that simple.

So how do we know when a description is wrong verses the weapon/item/frame just needs some tuning?

We could really use some clarifications on what a lot o stuff is MEANT to be because..well.. intent and execution aren't always the same thing.

And going forward-different players have different desires for what each frame/weapon/item should be.

I mean..what are we even supposed to make of https://warframe.com/game/warframes?id=Rhino at this time?

Is it an obsolete description? Does the frame just need tuning? What is it the design team wants out of him?

Volt: 'Viable alternative to gunplay'

I believe there is a general agreement that that is not quite the case.

and yet, with a better damage scaling model and maybe some sort of bonus to shock if fired through electric shield...he would be.

heck, in pvp volt is a total madman without guns> he IS a high damage alternative to gunplay because there is no scaling issues brought about from all the mod stacking.

So is the description really off...or is it something else?

Volt: 

"Volt can create and harness electrical elements. This is a high-damage warframe perfect for players looking for a potent alternative to gunplay."

Volt is a versatile all-rounder who works well with a team, not so much an alternative to gunplay.

Edit: ninja'd

Can't he be both?

Edited by Ronyn

Also Excal:

"A perfect balance of mobility and offense. Excalibur is the ideal warframe for new players."

Seeing how he's going to become the sword frame rather than the training wheels guy I'd suggest an overhaul to his description as a whole.

Still remember this weapon description (don't remember which), that said something like: "further investigation and use is needed to fully understand this weapon"

I knew that the codex was useless, and never got to be a good replacement to the wiki, but that description in particular, enraged me like hell.

It is in the description of mutalist Quanta.

Scoliac

The Scoliac Whip is a nasty parasitic growth of sinew and bone that inflicts heart stopping toxin damage with each attack.

This one's already been edited once. It used to say 'with each charge attack', now it's been changed to 'with each attack'. After checking the wiki, it seems that Scoliac does have a small chance of inflicting toxin proc on slam attacks, but saying that it's 'each attack' is surely misleading.

LANKA
The LANKA fires a high velocity projectile through magnetic induction.

Unless LANKA is some acronym I'm unaware of, it shouldn't be all capitalized in the flavour text.