Devstream #53 Overview

AM-Bunny

vgIHJso.png

New pet: Cat!
• Name pending, feel free to suggest something
• Mostly feline, but some reptilian qualities
• Will be supported by the Genetic Foundry like Kubrow
• There will be feral version
• There will be grineer version, accompanied by a new (female) grineer handler enemy
• Various pattern combinations, like Kubrow
• Eventually it may be possible to breed Catbrow and Kubrow?

vxyC3RB.pngEvopG69.png0zB4JUq.pnghvkpkbh.pngRyMr9fG.png

Kubrow
• Armour incoming
• Retriever breed of Kubrow is coming, similar to Carrier

BoKMshX.png

Any new Warframe specific cosmetics incoming (like Valkyr's bonds or Nemesis skin)?
• Restored Valkyr skin incoming

hN8GUcW.png

How is Parkour 2.0 coming?
• It's developed well, but overall not satisfied with where it ended up
• Didn't feel "2.0" enough
• Realistically, it wouldn't really change the game much for players since it didn't do enough to address coptoring and other common movement methods, especially considering the cramped tilesets
• There will be a new 'wall fling' that requires only a small amount of wall space to utilize and will cover a large amount of distance
• Will be able to wall fling onto the same wall you started on
• There will also be wall fling from vertical wallruns, with different options for fling direction
• Will be able to fling off of enemies as well (combat application)
• Experimenting with no-stamina builds, and fixed distances for coptoring and flings so that level designs can be built around these distances for more simple, consistent parkour
• Also experimenting with double-jump
• Click
to see a demo of some of these animations

Excalibur Re-work
• Scheduled for U17
• Excalibur's new ult will use melee mods, like Hysteria
• His slide attack while ult is activated will be a smaller version of Radial Blind
• Slash Dash is augmented with energy waves if used while ult is active
• Slash Dash will now be aim-able, including vertically; its movement applications will be greater than Super Jump
• Gore-fest
• Also Excalibur is getting a new helmet
• Click
to see Rebecca demo new Excalibur build (with Sharkwing teaser)

nn5LeIU.jpgqcGrjux.png

Dual Dark Sword
• New model coming with PBR update
• Will have a holstered position where the handles of the dual version combines
• New stance that involves fighting with the blades combined (Darth Maul)

8dhkDbK.pngjZBPwxf.png

Any new Weapon Augment mods coming?
• Yes, here is a rough list of mods coming eventually

5jeIqHd.png

Sentients
• Are progressing nicely
• Their adaptability makes them very dangerous, aimed at veteran players
• Not sure if they're lined up for U17 yet

Starchart Re-work
• Still heavily under design re-view, nothing set in stone, not ready to talk about it
• All possible content/rewards should be available at all times, not subject to RNG

DFiriEe.jpg

Consoles
• Certification for (16.5) build is happening early next week (possibly Mon-day)
• Contains many radical performance improvements

Other Stuff
• Full body Lotus (and mysterious Lotus throne)
• New Statue incoming: Mag (Design council decides the next two statues)
• Tyl Regor's piston fists coming as an Archwing weapon
• Trading UI is being overhauled
• Burston is receiving a new model
• Mios is aiming for post 17.0 release (17.5?)
• Focus system is not progressing (still being cannibilized)
• Return of charge attacks is not being looked at until after U17
• Cloth physics syandana is still not working properly
• New obstacle course might be incoming when Parkour 2.0 comes
• There is work being done on Stalker
• PS4 theme will be detailed next devstream, will be free

9JWZhOP.png7W4bIFB.pngWybGUtj.pngbcdwE6K.pngEPJlX29.jpgf58zjJd.png0jih1cc.png

Haha sorry about that. I know, it was a metric tonne of images. Took quite a while to crop and upload :s

Gyazo is your friend for this. Click on program from windows menu, taskbar, etc, then drag on screen. Wait a second or so depending on size of image, bam. Link to image.

Well, I enjoyed my time in the limelight for those 30 minutes atleast. :p

Edited by Sorez

First, that 'Pre-Corpus' Valkyr skin looks very fitting and, so far, looks neatly suitable to resolve a lot of the ongoing bickering on the nature of what her Prime variant would look like. We can but hope on that front.

I imagine some of the Fan Artists are already running wild with making a Prime version of that concept...

So far as the Excalibur demonstration went, it was damned impressive. Very good stuff, and I admit I liked the 'Unsheathe' animation to initiate the state (albeit I admit I rather enjoyed D.Grey Man, so yeah).

I am at once both ecstatic and apprehensive of the upcoming touch up for the Dark Sword. Barring the model touch up alone (which will make things a lot easier to colour than it is currently), this upcoming Stance it appears to have built around it being more 'parts of a whole' than the standing 'Main and off hand weapon'. Shall be interesting to see, perhaps not so much to acquire.

Of course, I admit the only reason I'm apprehensive is the crafting requirements for it. Might need to get a spare Dark Sword BP, if I haven't got one already. Definitely got a Dark Dagger knocking around though.

I rather like that 'Prolonged Will' mod. Yes, utterly and completely not what you want to bet on, but for those of us who like our 'Last Stand' when the chips are down, that could work nicely. Heck, silly build but Provoked, Prolonged Will and Undying Will all together could make 'Suicide' builds with things like the Angstrum hilarious. Not sure about the practicality but it amused me.

End of the day, we'll just have to see. Good job though AM, for making it all so quickly.

Awesome work guys and Scott specially for taking from his time to be with us, Im such a huge fan of your work...also was really happy to see you in such a cheerful mood...

BTW: The mention of Stalker  getting a lot of re-work really got me curious,  I reaaaaally want to see more of that please in the future! 

Edited by 0zryel

Ok, so they say they're gonna make sure everyone can get what they want when they want it? Sounds good to me.

We probably should keep talking about what we want out of it so they can take some ideas, but the crisis has passed, so it seems.

I am at once both ecstatic and apprehensive of the upcoming touch up for the Dark Sword. Barring the model touch up alone (which will make things a lot easier to colour than it is currently), this upcoming Stance it appears to have built around it being more 'parts of a whole' than the standing 'Main and off hand weapon'. Shall be interesting to see, perhaps not so much to acquire.

Of course, I admit the only reason I'm apprehensive is the crafting requirements for it. Might need to get a spare Dark Sword BP, if I haven't got one already. Definitely got a Dark Dagger knocking around though.

I hear you, I actually have forma on my Dark Sword and Dagger :/

Betting the stance will drop from Eximus Bursa units or something XD