Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please Don't Remove Stamina

NikolaiLev

While I don't think it was slated on the devstream, there was talk that implied the idea.

Resource management is a part of what makes games varied and interesting.  You don't Just have to worry about shooting the enemy, you have to pace yourself so your ability to fight doesn't run out.

I wouldn't mind if sprinting affected stamina less (perhaps by only disabling stamina regen), and in general stamina totals could be adjusted.  The stamina system could use work, but that's no reason to throw the baby out with the bath water.

I feel as though stamina capacities should be doubled, but the punishment for running out of stamina should be increased as well; attacking without stamina should be slower and deal less damage.

Stamina is horrible and it has to go.

I don't wanna be worrying about stamina when I'm in the heat of battle, and especially not with Parkour 2.0.

Its really annoying when you are fighting/blocking/running at the same time and you have to stop to allow your stamina bar to refill every other minute.

Death to Stamina.

Are you kidding me? Stamina breaks the flow of gameplay way too much and with the intended pace of the game just gets in the way. 

It wasn't about the rushing when it was implemented, that isn't why no one liked it. No one liked it, myself included because it slowed everything down in a bad way, it just doesn't fit in this game. 

I for one am very much looking forward to it's demise. -1

This isn't Skyrim with a Requiem RPG mod, this isn't a hardcore survivalist game. The focus is on fast paced shooting and staying mobile and staying on top of managing hundreds of enemies at a time. Tell me how Stamina doesn't get in the way of trying to do that. 

Edited by Hastur609

No, please do remove stamina, we're ninjas, not weight watchers.

This. There's no real benefit to stamina as it stands. Restricting player mobility and making melee even less viable compared to guns is terrible. There's literally no upside that I can see to having the stamina system remain. It does nothing but force players to huff and puff and slow down the pace of the game, in a game where everything is blisteringly fast.

It's also one of the reasons why Archwing is so flawed - only the Itzal has enough stamina to actually move around the huge archwing maps without having to pause and take a breather.

And on top of that, the stamina mods are useless even for things like blocking, because blocking is tied to incoming damage instead of hits sustained, so above level 30 or so even a max stamina build can't block more than a few seconds. Which obviously isn't enough to close the distance.

Honestly, I don't even see the point in limiting highly damaging melee attacks, because at the end of teh day, melee still isn't a viable counterpart to guns - guns are presently more damaging, more convenient, and generally just better.

Edited by Cpl_Facehugger

While i'm for supporting stamina reworks and changes, but if DE wants to remove stamina i don't see why not.

Stamina should exist to balance melee and melee only, movement/parkour in general shouldn't drain stamina.

Who manages Stamina? Do people look at their stamina while meleeing and think, oh I need to dial it back, no.

There is no reason to have stamina, its only effect is to slow you down. Many people end up getting around it by launching, sliding etc.

Stamina in Archwing is the worst.

Sorry OP, but I think I'd much prefer the removal of the Stamina system. Resource management has it's place for sure, but restrict our mobility to a snail's pace without the use of exploits like coptering isn't one of them.

So... unlimited frontal blocking?

Considering you're constantly being attacked from every single direction or hit with explosive AoEs that bypass your blocks 90% of the time, I think unlimited blocking (at least in PvE) wouldn't be that huge of an issue.

Besides, they did say that they'll include some limiting component on blocking if it's really that huge of an issue.

P.S. Apologies if you actually meant that it was a good thing

Stamina tied to movement needs to go. It makes no sense in this game and it serves no purpose, it's either irrelevant (when coptering) or annoying (when not coptering).

Now, making stamina into resource pool used solely for blocking (and maaaybe melee attacks) would be fine. Though I would argue that infinite blocking might not be OP anyway.

Also, stamina management in Warframe is non-existent. Want an example of a good stamina management based combat system? Demon/Dark Souls. Yeah... Warframe's melee, not quite on that level (or genre, or type).

Edited by LocoWithGun

While I don't think it was slated on the devstream, there was talk that implied the idea.

Resource management is a part of what makes games varied and interesting.  You don't Just have to worry about shooting the enemy, you have to pace yourself so your ability to fight doesn't run out.

I wouldn't mind if sprinting affected stamina less (perhaps by only disabling stamina regen), and in general stamina totals could be adjusted.  The stamina system could use work, but that's no reason to throw the baby out with the bath water.

I feel as though stamina capacities should be doubled, but the punishment for running out of stamina should be increased as well; attacking without stamina should be slower and deal less damage.

It needs to be removed and reworked imo as there is no stamina drops from enemys.

Resource management is just one of many possible mechanical implementations that can make games varied and interesting. It can have either a positive or negative effect on a gaming experience depending on the surrounding mechanics, pace of gameplay, implementation and other details.

While reworking stamina could work for the current system, the implementation of the various mechanics that make up parkour 2.0 could end up making stamina unnecessary or even a detriment to that system.

We can't really know whether stamina will beneficial or not until we get a look at the whole picture.