Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Project Kapros: Filling The Niches. (Extending The Family, Secondaries!)

[DE]Grzegorz

UTkrzTv.jpg

Designed to fill the niches, all of them.

tumblr_np60z8Leri1tsqooko1_1280.jpg

Shock camo!

tumblr_npdp7zmHhL1tsqooko1_1280.jpg

Vandalized Kapros!

tumblr_npdsugehTE1tsqooko1_1280.jpg

Concept by another artist.

SMS3ZXm.gif

5JSYczw.png

HAOUg3M.png

Thanks to AeonWolf and Scharkie1333 for great concept arts!

EnviousGraveAmericanlobster.gif

MU8ZayU.jpg

Originally designed as a riot shotgun, used to suppress revolts of unsatisfied Corpus colonists in a non-lethal manner, it quickly found somewhat more fatal applications when colonies got attacked by Infestation.

fWxfOaP.jpg

...we've been resting after the last assignment, a bunch of rioters, business as usual. Then the new guy ran in, we were surprised these damn doors were capable of opening so fast, yelling, screaming something incomprehensibly, at full speed he rammed into the alarm trigger and bounced off, falling on his back. One of the guys went to check if he was alright.

As that guy was taking care of the newbie, we all noticed something. Something unusual, unusual amounts of commotion outside.

Then, we could hear the newbie loud and clear, without the headpiece distorting his screams...

...plague...

...PLAGUE...

...PLAGUE PLAGUE PLAGUE...

We all stood there for what felt like ages, paralysed.

Then we heard the voice of reason over the comms, waking us up from this damn nightmare, both soothing and terrifying broadcast:

WAKE UP LADIES! YOU'VE GOT A SMALL PROBLEM TO TAKE CARE OF! YOU ARE GETTING PAID FOR IT FOR FUCKS SAKE!

Some of the men could be heard mumbling "we ain't getting paid enough to deal with this S#&$, I'm bailing"

[static]

10 PERCENT OF YOUR WAGE PER EVERY ASSIMILATED BASTARD IF YOU TAKE CARE OF THIS THREAT!

Oh old Sarge, always knew how to motivate us, at least some of us.

We ran to the armoury, funnelling through narrow corridors, we could see all the bots popping out of their dispensers at an astonishing rate.

We finally got there, grabbed our gear and removed the safeguards, we wouldn't be needing them anyway.

Once again, we ran through corridors, accompanied by a swarm of proxies, to the designated position.

We had to get to the hangar and try to hold off as long as possible, let as many colonists escape.

We finally arrived to the dock, we tried to set up some defensive positions while the colonists were literally flooding the barges, hoping not a single spore gets in there with them.

We've barely deployed, we could hear inhuman shriek, loud pounding filled the hangar, some colonist stopped to see what happens. Last mistake in their life.

The plague was pouring from every single entrance there was, driven by hunger and rage. These unlucky few that stood still were the first to get torn to pieces.

We all started shooting, letting the last few board the barges and fly off.

We all have been shooting, guns bursting from overheating, other crewmen getting dragged into all the vents and sewers around. But there was simply more of them. The mass of flesh, we were perforating it with plasma, chipping piece by piece, but not fast enough. In the last ditch effort, I aimed at the generator cooling pipes, asked a few fellow men around to do the same, we might die but we aren't going to hell alone.

The pipe burst, instantly freezing a large part of that monster, inhuman shriek filled our ears, entire colony shaken, but we had some time. We ran off.

Nobody was lucky enough to get to the barge soon enough, we were left stranded in this hell hole. The one last thing we could do, was to shut down the SOS transmitter, and loop a message, message telling no one to come even close to this thing.

Now, we are stuck in the comms room, low on any kind of supplies, waiting for our destiny. As we are waiting, I'm writing entire story on this datamass, we won't have much use from financial reports anyway, and maybe I'll immortalize myself this way.

I am Corporal Opej, and this is my last report.

Lo1MYPe.jpg

(Project) Kapros is the first weapon in the game built to utilize unique burst-auto trigger mechanism.

When trigger is tapped, Kapros will shoot an entire burst, consisting of 3 shots, consuming 3 units of ammo.

When trigger is held, Kapros will continue shooting bursts until battery charge is drained.

Being a riot shotgun, designed to incapacitate threats in a non-lethal way, Kapros retained a few traits even after lethalization, namely:

100% shock status, whenever 2 projectiles land on the same target!

Shooting an enemy will remove him from the battle for a short time, shooting at the ground where enemies are or will be, will incapacitate entire group for a brief moment.

Thanks to being a projectile weapon, Kapros doesn't lose as much potency over range, being viable at both short and medium distances.

5o5mANf.jpg

Statistics are listed per pellet.

Damage: 18px-Electricity_b.png60DMG, shock elemental.

Pellet count: 6 per burst.

Critical chance: 25%

Critical damage multiplier: x2.5

Status chance: 10% (guaranteed innate shock when 2 or more pellets hit the same enemy)

Projectile speed: 55m/s

Accuracy: ~13.0

Firerate: 15RPS in burst, 3RPS burst rate

Magazine size: 9 rounds

Reload time: 2.8s

Ammo reserve: 126 rounds

Ammo type: Shotgun

7QCIe6j.jpg

As the thread states, Project Kapros exists solely to fill all the niches I could think of.

So far, it fills these niches:

a) Projectile shotgun, we used to have Kohm and Drakgoon fill this role, but Kohm has got "optimized" and Drakgoon is pretty much a forgotten weapon.

b) Crit based shotgun, cannot think of any truly crit-viable shotgun, save for old pre-patch Strun Wraith.Niche currently filled with Vaykor Hek, could use a competitor.

c) Burst (technically, burst-auto) shotgun, there are no shotguns shooting in burst mode.

d) Single elemental shotgun, there are no shotguns that deal single elemental as damage, the closest thing is obviously Phage, but it isn't really a shotgun.

e) Corpus shotty.

Additionally, many of you (especially people a bit more proficient with maths) may state that Kapros is OP. Indeed, but this weapon isn't balanced with current state of the game in mind, instead, it's been based on how it would work after sniper rifles and shotguns get a rework, to make them as viable as assault rifles. Giving it much higher potency up close and requiring high degree of accuracy works well for risk:reward ratio, player will get rewarded with high efficiency whenever they decide to risk their life by getting up close and taking their time to make entire burst connect with an enemy.

Secondary variant

d0IZTYj.gif

Statistics

TBA

Codex

TBA

Open for feedback.

Other concepts

Biot, Grineer arc-cannon.

Edited by Mofixil

The weapon looks cool and the mechanics are interesting but i have few suggestions.

Number 1: To balance a little the weapon i would make so that only two consecutive bursts on the same target generate the shock proc (two bullets seems a little op to me but maybe i don't understand how much dispersion there is between bullets).

Number 2: #ERROR# Got removed due to a lack of memory from the author of the post.

The weapon looks cool and the mechanics are interesting but i have few suggestions.

Number 1: To balance a little the weapon i would make so that only two consecutive bursts on the same target generate the shock proc (two bullets seems a little op to me but maybe i don't understand how much dispersion there is between bullets).

Kapros is supposed to hit a human-sized target up to like, 20-30 meters, this obviously could be scaled down if the need arises, but I think that it gives it just enough utility to be worthwhile. Shock procs aren't that long anyway.

To begin with: this weapon is kickass concept. 8/10 would play. Even if it required tethra and detron to be built. I like shoties, I have a sentiment for Hek, I like corpus and their weaponry as I usually use amprex so... Yeah, let's make Kapros a thing.

BAD ASSS I want it.

just how do you build it

i saying to Mofixil that i kind of don't want it to be like akjagara and cost a lot of resources to build a wep that doesn't kind of deserve it ._. not firing shots xD

To begin with: this weapon is kickass concept. 8/10 would play. Even if it required tethra and detron to be built. I like shoties, I have a sentiment for Hek, I like corpus and their weaponry as I usually use amprex so... Yeah, let's make Kapros a thing.

i'm kind of trying to advertise it everywhere warframe is xD hoping it would get into the game ._. that means shamefull spamming on youtube.

Edited by AeonWolf

i saying to Mofixil that i kind of don't want it to be like akjagara and cost a lot of resources to build a wep that doesn't kind of deserve it ._. not firing shots xD

oh okay so it would be easier to get

would it include circuits or gallium, polymer bundles, or considering you just said alot of resources, what about if part of the build you needed some rare resources

oh okay so it would be easier to get

would it include circuits or gallium, polymer bundles, or considering you just said alot of resources, what about if part of the build you needed some rare resources

we or he wasn't really sure the last time i talked to him about how to acquire the weapon. but i'll remind him to update the topic when we figure it out xD

Looks a bit large for a non archwing weapon. Idea is interesting..

But I'm concerned about firing directly out of the reserve. With a gmag, nekros, you'd be able to shoot nonstop since ammo pickups go directly to your reserve which you're firing from.

But I'm concerned about firing directly out of the reserve. With a gmag, nekros, you'd be able to shoot nonstop since ammo pickups go directly to your reserve which you're firing from.

I've never considered such option. As much as it sounds interesting and might be used in some other concept, it's not the case for Kapros. I might need to rephrase that part a bit.

And even if it was to stay, using reserve ammo could result in e.g. self damage (minor, maybe radiation proc), reduced accuracy and ammo efficiency over time.

Edited by Mofixil

I've never considered such option. As much as it sounds interesting and might be used in some other concept, it's not the case for Kapros. I might need to rephrase that part a bit.

And even if it was to stay, using reserve ammo could result in e.g. self damage (minor, maybe radiation proc), reduced accuracy and ammo efficiency over time.

a weapon damaging the user would be a whole new mechanic. On possibility is the rapid fire from reserve would make spread and recoil worse and worse.

If you do go archwing direction the fire from reserve would make more sense because all weapons pull from reserve.

Edited by Lightsmith

a weapon damaging the user would be a whole new mechanic. On possibility is the rapid fire from reserve would make spread and recoil worse and worse.

It would perfectly match the part of backstory when guns burst from sustained fire.

However, I think that pretty much all energy weapons could use similar mechanics, no mags, just ammo reserve and little drawbacks when fired for too long.

Edited by Mofixil

If you do go archwing direction the fire from reserve would make more sense because all weapons pull from reserve.

Weapons damaging the user are not new. Feeding from the user to supply bullets might be. But those are usually reserverd for High sci fi or fantansy.

Weapons damaging the user are not new. Feeding from the user to supply bullets might be.

Well, the only self-damage weapons in this game are Penta, Ogris and Tonkor, and hitting oneself with Penta or Ogris generally results in a dire need of revive.