Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

With Stamina Removal, What Happens With Toxin Chroma?

BluelitHalo

Now that DE is experimenting with a game build without the stamina bar, I thought I should bring up one small thing that will be affected by this, and that's Toxin Chroma's Elemental Ward.  I haven't seen any threads on this, nor any awareness of this potential issue by DE, so here we go.

If you take a look at the Toxin tab, it is stated that upon activating Elemental Ward, you are granted a base stamina boost of 25% / 50% / 75% / 100%, and a base stamina cost reduction of 25% / 40% / 50% / 70%, with the stamina boost scaling with Power Strength.  Of course, this will all be irrelevant once the removal of the stamina bar goes public.  When that happens, I ask that DE takes this into consideration and reworks Toxin Chroma accordingly.

If I were to suggest a new mechanic for Toxin Ward, it would be for the sake of buffing Chroma's damage dealing capabilities.  The Heat, Cold, and Electric Wards already give Chroma some form of defense with their health, armor, and shield boosts respectively, along with some damage reflection from Cold and Electric Wards.  In that case and in my opinion, Toxin Chroma would stand out more by being geared more towards dealing damage than tanking.  

With that said, I suggest both of the following as replacements for the two then-obsolete stamina buffs:

* Additional 30% Toxin damage to all weapons carried by you and affected allies.

* Every 5 seconds, Chroma and affected allies release an AoE burst of noxious fumes within a 20-meter radius, which inflict a Toxin status that deals 500% of absorbed damage from enemies per tick.

Numbers are just a part of the concept and are mutable for the sake of game balance. Damage buffs are BEFORE Vex Armor's Fury bonus, and I envision the damage boost and AoE Toxin proc damage scaling with Power Strength.  Overall, what do you think of the damage-dealer Toxin Chroma concept? Or should he be reworked differently?  

Edited by Sonitorum

No it doesn't, it buffs your max health.

it heals because that amount of health added stays. you can use it to speed heal someone just by walking in and out of range of someone. it's ridiculously powerful when someone is about to die next to you. 

more Toxin themed stuff for Toxin, by all means.

'Stamina because Toxin is green' is stretching it pretty far if you ask me anyways.

i don't know what in particular i'd want, but more Toxin related stuff, sure. Saryn won't mind that someone else appreciates all the forms of Toxins and Poisons.

No it doesn't, it buffs your max health.

the Health buff also Heals for the amount of Health Buff.

it's not exactly a Heal, but it does act like one. your current and maximum Health is increased, so it also technically Heals you.

Make him gassy. As in proc Gas status, because it's technically an AoE Toxin proc, it's also green.

Maybe we could get picky with semantics, like the radial burst basically being modified Truth effect (http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Truth). The underlying concept of radial Toxin procs stands either way.

Actually, since Elemental Ward usually encompasses two types of buffs (ex. Cold Chroma has both an armor boost and damage reflection, Heat Chroma has both an HP boost and Heat damage ticking), then the weapon Toxin damage boost would complement the radial Toxin bursts pretty well.  Gonna remove the suggestion of direct damage to Flesh, as it's a bit too convoluted.

Edited by Sonitorum

i don't know what in particular i'd want, but more Toxin related stuff, sure. Saryn won't mind that someone else appreciates all the forms of Toxins and Poisons.

the Health buff also Heals for the amount of Health Buff.

it's not exactly a Heal, but it does act like one. your current and maximum Health is increased, so it also technically Heals you.

it heals because that amount of health added stays. you can use it to speed heal someone just by walking in and out of range of someone. it's ridiculously powerful when someone is about to die next to you. 

If this is true it sounds more like a broken mechanic than anything else. I'm pretty sure at the very least if the health is intended to stay- it should not keep adding on every time someone walks into and out of range. Kinda like how you can't hit someone with the same Banshee Silence twice.

If this is true it sounds more like a broken mechanic than anything else. I'm pretty sure at the very least if the health is intended to stay- it should not keep adding on every time someone walks into and out of range. Kinda like how you can't hit someone with the same Banshee Silence twice.

no its fine and make sense

the short range of effect make it for it

-----------------------------------------

Toxin ward need a serious buff for sure

pure damage is not the good answear

Edited by Tsoe

Now that DE is experimenting with a game build without the stamina bar, I thought I should bring up one small thing that will be affected by this, and that's Toxin Chroma's Elemental Ward.  I haven't seen any threads on this, nor any awareness of this potential issue by DE, so here we go.

I actually posted on this topic a few days ago, feel free to take a look at my little paper of ideas, I think you'd like them

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/467417-chroma-rework/

The Toxin loadout already has an AOE, but it isn't very powerful. Neither is the Fire loadout. So building in another AOE like ability would be counter-productive and redundant.

Instead, it should work similar to how the other elements work. Play towards something related to Toxin damage.

Make the Toxin Elemental ward increase the status duration and damage that affected players cause, and reduce incoming status damage and duration towards players.

Maybe, if stacked with Rapid Resilience, it could provide knowckdown immunity.

With the possible removal of Stamina, I actually envisioned an Ancient type buff for Chroma. Combine every Ancient aura and even more and you get new Toxic Chroma; resistance to all debuffs, scales with power strength, however caps at 90% (like the Ancients resistances).