Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Remove Or Overhaul Alert System

Afroman12

Seriously this needs to be removed or completely overhauled from the ground up. I noticed a thread somewhere (I don't know where) suggesting turning it into tokens. I love this idea but I think it could use even more changes with that concept in mind.

Instead of ? system how about lowering the credits even more and make the token thing a guarantee? Make it a farm for special items. With this we can set our own pace and earn what we want instead of massive RNG. The problem is is figuring out what to set the prices at. I want to set them to something like a work week. 40 Hours of gaming a week. So as such using math (really basic I might add) you can get these prizes. Special items can go as such

20 Tokens - Artifact

25 Tokens - Warframe Blueprint (these come in 3 parts so it'll be 75 by the end).

50 Tokens - Weapon Blueprint

60 Tokens - Skin / Helmet

80 Tokens - Orokin Reactor / Catalyst Blueprint

So something like the Space potato could come with 40 hours of play. To some that's easily 7 days. To others more. It depends on your pacing. 4 hour a day gamers would take 12. Of course I doubt everyone plays everyday... right?  It also depends if you have the area unlocked driving you to fully open up the map first before going for special prizes. Make a special place for the Alert Market. Don't include everything into this system of course. Cycle it. Keep only 1 Warframe in there. Keep at most 3 weapons. Skins and Helmets can all stay. Artifacts can stay too. This is my idea... I think it could work. It might make the rarity of things go down but that's better than what we currently have.

Seriously this needs to be removed or completely overhauled from the ground up. I noticed a thread somewhere (I don't know where) suggesting turning it into tokens. I love this idea but I think it could use even more changes with that concept in mind.

Forum has a search function.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/45414-suggestion-token-alerts-instead-of-alerts/?hl=%2Balert+%2Btokens'>Here. You really ought to use it next time.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/45386-selectable-rewards-from-alerts-probably-treading-old-ground-here/?hl=%2Bselectable+%2Balerts'>I disagree with choosing your rewards, it's completely counter intuitive with respect to DE's business.

Edited by Lumireaver

Forum has a search function.

Here. You really ought to use it next time.

I disagree with choosing your rewards, it's completely counter intuitive with respect to DE's business.

American's don't like RNG. That knida Gachapon thing will fly in Japan but in America and possibly Europe you're only going to induce more rage. You got to think for the market you're catering to most.

Also I did use it... it didn't come up :( I searched for 10 minutes before making this...

Edited by BakaGamer

American's don't like RNG. That knida Gachapon thing will fly in Japan but in America and possibly Europe you're only going to induce more rage. You got to think for the market you're catering to most.

Also I did use it... it didn't come up :( I searched for 10 minutes before making this...

That's odd. Did you use the word "tokens" in your search? Anyway, yeah. The RNG keeps things fair. I'd rather not bring baseless regionalism into the mix. Giving people a limited degree of choice might help curb the feeling that you're (potentially) being screwed by a random number god without sacrificing the, I guess you could call it "incentive," to eschew chance and buy things with platinum.

That's odd. Did you use the word "tokens" in your search? Anyway, yeah. The RNG keeps things fair. I'd rather not bring baseless regionalism into the mix. Giving people a limited degree of choice might help curb the feeling that you're (potentially) being screwed by a random number god without sacrificing the, I guess you could call it "incentive," to eschew chance and buy things with platinum.

It's not regionalism. I am Japanese. I can tell you for a fact that Gachapon is loved there. 5 dollar Gachapon machines are empty in almost 6 hours! It would be fine if the token price was dumbed down a lot to almost like 5 for each tier.

Edited by BakaGamer

It's not regionalism. I am Japanese. I can tell you for a fact that Gachapon is loved there. 5 dollar Gachapon machines are empty in almost 6 hours! It would be fine if the token price was dumbed down a lot to almost like 5 for each tier.

What I'm trying to say is that the random element is how DE has chosen to sell you convenience for platinum. There are other means, but DE has decided to try and keep the game from being a huge "farming simulator," as I've heard it expressed. I'm pretty sure America and maybe Europe are brought to into a vehement rage when they're forced to grind for a hundred hours just as much as they hate gatchapon machines.

What I'm trying to say is that the random element is how DE has chosen to sell you convenience for platinum. There are other means, but DE has decided to try and keep the game from being a huge "farming simulator," as I've heard it expressed. I'm pretty sure America and maybe Europe are brought to into a vehement rage when they're forced to grind for a hundred hours just as much as they hate gatchapon machines.

This only makes sense if all items that are available from alerts are available fram platinum. They are not.

On another note, it is my understanding that the devs do not like ther ? Alert system either, but do not have a better one to put in place at the moment.

Edited by liavalenth

This only makes sense if all items that are available from alerts are available fram platinum. They are not.

On another note, it is my understanding that the devs do not like ther ? Alert system either, but do not have a better one to put in place at the moment.

Oh hey, that is a head-scratcher isn't it? It only really makes sense for Vauban and the alternate helmets. Granted, the other items being alert only might be to entice people to play at the drop of a hat. The Twitter app works to keep you connected to the game, I guess.

Concerning the alert system in general, I've heard otherwise. I believe DESteve has stated (In Livestream 5) that resource alerts are coming, and that better alert rewards in general, as well as better login bonuses are also confirmed, but I've never heard them rebuke the system as a whole.

Doesn't Vauban and the Alternate Helmets sound like a band name?

Edited by Lumireaver