Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Weapon Concept] Another Option On Hand Cannons

CataReverb

I've been thinking of having a secondary that works similar to a melee weapon in a sort of press F to quickly shoot, giving another option to attacks.

I'd like help on a name and what type of damage it does.

Apologies for the poor art skills, I'm still working on them. 

Design:

QEUjrna.jpg

Two angles, on the right it shows how the weapon opens up to reload (ejecting an energy cartridge) 

operating (fire and reload):

vVqeZ49.png

Edited by Arkinvas

I always thought this would've been a cool mechanic for the revolver type weapons like Vasto and Magnus series. A sort of western quick draw that will fire once, probably when your primary ran out of ammo. Just as a last resort type of thing that could probably get you out of a tough situation, fire another shot before you reload essentially.

I was thinking you were referring to this kind of Hand Cannon:

destiny_hand_cannon_prop__the_devil_you_

But still, awesome idea. Definitely would not mind another unique weapon like this in game.

I always thought this would've been a cool mechanic for the revolver type weapons like Vasto and Magnus series. A sort of western quick draw that will fire once, probably when your primary ran out of ammo. Just as a last resort type of thing that could probably get you out of a tough situation, fire another shot before you reload essentially.

This.. This would be cool. Like being able to quick draw a secondary to get off a shot in-between reloading.

I think I'm ready to start working on details for this...

What I have in mind so far is:

Shotgun sidearm (6ish Pellets)

High Puncture damage

1-2 shots per clip

quick reload

Or maybe instead, it's only described as a shotgun, but operates like a single-shot ignis/embolist and does blast damage with high status and relatively worse reload (still 1.2s max if it's single use to two-shot)

Still considering a name, but before that I'd have to think about the design's origins, maybe neutral and call it the pugil or something... I'm not sold on that though.