Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De, Slow Down Making New Warframes And Let Us Go Farther With Our Current Ones

jjpdn

So I heard there was another Warframe coming, a Yin and Yang thing. But I'm quite tired of farming for Warframes I'll just play once, max it out and leave in my attic.

What I want to do is to go further with my favorite ones, like Trinity, Limbo and Nova.

Please, stop, and create a system that allows us to improve upon our current ones, before starting to make new things. 

A system like the Focus system, or something that allows you to improve upon your Warframe's stats after level 30 or that gives it special perks (useless in PvP of course).

Of course, these should not run off "xp", as that would just be too easy to level. They'll instead be using points you get from accomplishing Warframe-specific missions, like for Trinity: revive 60 people (maximum 1/min, as more would just be from a farming technique). Or, Nova, prime 600 enemies using Molecular Prime (MP). 

Rewards, after multiple accomplished missions, would be like: +5% reviving speed for Trinity, +5% casting speed for Nova's MP, or even really minor Warframe specific-cosmetics like a small device on Trinity's hand for even quicker revives (really easy to design, so that DE doesn't take too long), to even badges with stat changes. 

Edited by jjpdn

Sigh... one of these topics again. The Creative, Animation, Design teams working on new stuff does not detract from the proper teams from working on balancing. Everyone has a role at DE. You don't hire a plumber to troubleshoot your $5000 gaming computer, if you get what I mean.

EDIT: And they are constantly working on focus, they keep running into the issue of "this idea isn't quite what we were looking for, it'd be better to use it like this instead of as focus". <--- how augments came to be.

Edited by Stratego89

I agree. We need less warframes being made (so the primes can catch up), and also so that the game can be PROPERLY fixed and optimised.

So far, since open beta, DE has been working with a bugged and broken game, and has NEVER fixed it fully. We need optimisations, and we need these extra systems, like the ORIGINAL idea for Focus (the lenses and that, though that idea's likely scrapped now).

EDIT: And they are constantly working on focus, they keep running into the issue of "this idea isn't quite what we were looking for, it'd be better to use it like this instead of as focus". <--- how augments came to be.

This is what they CLAIM. We have yet to see any actual evidence they are still making the Focus system. Considering its been like a year since they claimed they were making it, I would consider the whole system scrapped by now.

Edited by Stormandreas

Sigh... one of these topics again. The Creative, Animation, Design teams working on new stuff does not detract from the proper teams from working on balancing. Everyone has a role at DE. You don't hire a plumber to troubleshoot your $5000 gaming computer, if you get what I mean.

Agreed, but I also agree with OP.

In a recent DEVstream they said that a specific team that was working for a part of the game, took a break in doing that to focus on parkour 2.0.

Thus, we can easily deduce that they have a limited asset. While the creative team cant work on gameplay then can by as said, expanding the current universe, adding quests, etc. Also the team focused on new stuff can work on PBR updates, which the game heavily requires. (changeable prime colors still only apply to only 2 warframes).

Well, you can move people over right?

And don't forget, making a new Warframe needs programmers as much as Designers an Animators, just like the system I'm and probably others are talking about; so, it should be in their skills set. Ergo, it's not a plumber vs your 5000$ computer.

Creating new frames won't bring balance to the old ones.

Because the artist, animators, ect that design the new frame, aren't likely the onces to balance it.

Also Excalibur and frost are being reworked/buffed and we're going to get a new frame. Isn't this a win win scenario? Why should they stop creating frames and balance around the ones they have when in the past it hasn't been an issue.

Creating new frames won't bring balance to the old ones.

Because the artist, animators, ect that design the new frame, aren't likely the onces to balance it.

Also Excalibur and frost are being reworked/buffed and we're going to get a new frame. Isn't this a win win scenario? Why should they stop creating frames and balance around the ones they have when in the past it hasn't been an issue.

Try to multitask.

If you're a woman, you'll do it 70% of the time.

If you're a male, you'll fail 70% of the time.

(lol, data from Mythbusters)

Now, what happens if you're a company? 

You're just slower at things.

Gotta have something big to put on the advertising. We fixed Ash just doesn't sell well on Upadte 18 attack of the robots edition.

True. But if they thought harder on the Focus system, I'm sure it'll be good advertising too.

Especially that Avatar thing. 

Edited by jjpdn

Try to multitask.

If you're a woman, you'll do it 70% of the time.

If you're a male, you'll fail 70% of the time.

(lol, data from Mythbusters)

Now, what happens if you're a company? 

You're just slower at things.

Except that they have teams dedicated to different projects and it's not always being done by one person. Unless you're going to imply that artist and modellers also dictate the stats of the abilities.

That's not how a company works, work is shared throughout, everyone working on the same thing is inefficient if you're working under time constraints.

Except that they have teams dedicated to different projects and it's not always being done by one person. Unless you're going to imply that artist and modellers also dictate the stats of the abilities.

That's not how a company works, work is shared throughout, everyone working on the same thing is inefficient if you're working under time constraints.

It's not equally shared though. 

If you want to do something quicker, just move people over from different departments.

Equally shared does not help when you add more projects in, which reduces the overall efficiency towards one.

And how is it inefficient? Don't use throwaway programming, or evolutionary prototyping. Use incremental prototyping. 

Edited by jjpdn

Well, you can move people over right?

And don't forget, making a new Warframe needs programmers as much as Designers an Animators, just like the system I'm and probably others are talking about; so, it should be in their skills set. Ergo, it's not a plumber vs your 5000$ computer.

Focus system in it's current stages is pretty much on the Creative team alone I'm pretty sure. And to "moving people over" that only works if they have both skill sets as you've said.

It's not equally shared though. 

If you want to do something quicker, just move people over from different departments.

Equally shared does not help when you add more projects in, which reduces the overall efficiency towards one.

And how is it inefficient? Don't use throwaway programming, or evolutionary prototyping. Use incremental prototyping. 

Except that's not how a work place works.

You can't ask your artist to do programming, neither can you ask programmers to design a frame. You taking people from other departs slows down progress or the workplace as less things are being done at the same time. We're going to take people from console development, to work on PC development...because screw console development?

You're under the assumption that everyone can just jump ship to whatever they want.

Focus system in it's current stages is pretty much on the Creative team alone I'm pretty sure. And to "moving people over" that only works if they have both skill sets as you've said.

I know that. Im also pretty sure that people programming now Warframes have the same skill set as programming a focus system. Also, what creative team you're talking about?

And im not talking about consoles sevelopment people, im talking abotu the PC read the title PLEASE.

Stop talking about things that i already know and are pointless.

Edited by jjpdn

And im not talking about consoles sevelopment people, im talking abotu the PC read the title PLEASE.

Stop talking about things that i already know and are pointless.

Except the same principle applies

You taking programmers from other sections will still slow down  overall progress as less things are being done. Because now the people from the other departments will now have double the work to accomplish as they have to help the department  they've been shifted to but also amange the work they were originally doing. You're not understanding that.

I like a steady flow of new warframes. I, like others, have a few favorites. I also want older frames to be reviewed (like what is going on with Excal currently). DE seems to be doing fine at both (ya I know not always perfect) so why change it.

Except the same principle applies

You taking programmers from other sections will still slow down  overall progress as less things are being done. Because now the people from the other departments will now have double the work to accomplish as they have to help the department  they've been shifted to but also amange the work they were originally doing. You're not understanding that.

You're not understanding me either.

New Warframe Developers/Graphic people -> Focus System.

Where does this compulsion stem from that you feel you MUST have the newest Warframe/weapon as soon as its released that you petition [DE] to "slow down?"

This is what drives the current 1 button meta that is killing this game.  People are a slave to the idea they must "catch it all" and the game becomes about collecting things in the most efficient way possible than actually playing the game.

Where does this compulsion stem from that you feel you MUST have the newest Warframe/weapon as soon as its released that you petition [DE] to "slow down?"

This is what drives the current 1 button meta that is killing this game.  People are a slave to the idea they must "catch it all" and the game becomes about collecting things in the most efficient way possible than actually playing the game.

For me, it comed from the lack of things to do.

Trinity needs to revive people to receive bonus to revival speed... Seriously, is there a Trinity player out there that considers reviving being one of Trinity-specific functions, leave alone a fun thing to do?

I could live with a focus system, but if it's this kind of bonuses for this kind of actions, like Trinity has to revive people to be able to revive them faster, or Frost has to jump 30m high to be able to jump 35m high, or Limbo has to pet his Kubrow 20 times a day so that he can pet them 22 times a day, or something equally "useful", I'll pass.

Focus is the most important thing in my view.

It gives veterans something to work towards and secondly, it let us fine tune our builds.

It is like Mesa's innate passives.

New weapon new content, I blow through it.

In fact the only missing thing I have to do now is Volt Prime and Aku (which is underway now).
And nightmare raids because my GPU is sh1t and the normal raids already drop my FPS to a mere 15 fps to 20 fps.

I can't stand doing it for more than 20 mins but I did slog through to get my medal.

Edited by fatpig84

{[#]},{[#]} I'm hoping for that Focus System, The idea of a "Avatar State /Super Saiyan".

The Syndicates give us Augmented Sidearms. Warframe Augments that're just for fun, situational, and useful. and Weapon Augments.

Trails (Warframe's RAID Mission nodes) grants us some useful and some situational Proced Passives for some of our cosmetic items to be Augmented.

And the Lotus herself is coming to us in some way or another? Is it possible that we grant an "audience" with her or maybe some other NPC, to empower us "Tenno" with temporal Ascension?

Oh and lets not forget...We sorta want our 2 mod slots back >,>
Warframe Augment slot D; So she (or whatever other NPC) can give us that too D;

So A slot for a "Special mod that cannot be traded and requires like MR 10/15, lv30 frame, a blue potato and maybe a forma (because we tend to format things we like to expand them into some sort of "full build"). And like 134k Syndicate points Per frame >,> Why? Well after you've gotten EVERYTHING from your respective syndicates...What do you use the rest of the point for that you accumulate over time o,O (other than buying multiples of things to trade) and 1million credits.

Some would call it grind-galore...But lets face it this isn't for people who just started the game, it's for those who want a little "more" out of that frame {[#]},{[#]}

~All variables are just examples no need to release the Dread Arrow's of Hate and Despair~