Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

No Steam Overlay - Please Help!

Virt

Question

Simple and sweet. Steam overlay won't work since the 16.6.2 patch. Yes, I've contacted support. They gave me the simple "Did you turn off 64-bit mode?" which was the first thing I tried and I stated that in the ticket. I've only figured out it's the game, and not Steam. I have no clue what to do. HELP.

EDIT: Forgot my specs.

CPU: Intel i7-3632QM @ 2.2GHz

RAM: 8GB DDR3

GPU: Nvidia GeForce GT 720M w/ 2GB VRAM

I'm running on Windows 8.1.

Edited by Virtual_Anomaly

8 answers to this question

Are you running any other overlay programs whatsoever (recording things, chatting overlays, overwolf, MSI afterburner, etc.)? Turn them off--steam overlay doesn't really play well with other overlays.

Are you running any other overlay programs whatsoever (recording things, chatting overlays, overwolf, MSI afterburner, etc.)? Turn them off--steam overlay doesn't really play well with other overlays.

No, and no. I've turned everything off.

Are you using Steam Beta? For some reason Steam Beta is notorious for having overlay issues.

That was something I tried. Beta or not, no overlay.

Greetings Anomaly,

Go into settings of Steam, then click In-game and enable steam overlay from there. Restart steam and check if its enabled. Now play and check.

I've done that too. It didn't work.

I have this problem as well. Used to have the overlay come up just fine, but It's gone now.

I can see the "shift-tab to overlay" pop-up when i start the launcher, but when it opens in-game, it's not there anymore. I don't even see steam notifications in-game.

I have this problem as well. Used to have the overlay come up just fine, but It's gone now.

I can see the "shift-tab to overlay" pop-up when i start the launcher, but when it opens in-game, it's not there anymore. I don't even see steam notifications in-game.

Exactly that for me.