Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Glaive Prime Buff

(PSN)abb12355

I feel like this is long overdue. When you think of a weapon that got a good prime upgrade, you think of weapons like the boltor and boltor prime, or the scindo and scindo prime. Than there are weapons that got little to no buffs. The glaive prime falls under this category. There are 2 ways to fix the glaive prime.

#1 just like the scythe category and the anku, make the cerata (upcoming glaive based weapon) better than all other glaive weapons

#2 Buff the base damage of the glaive prime. Enough to compete with other prime melee like orthos or bo prime This would make the glaive prime be so much superior to the original glaive other than a simple attack speed buff.

What are your thoughts on this?

Please no haters

Yeah, they should. The Glaive Prime feels mundane at best, and that's coming from a guy who loves glaives to death lol. I feel that they should at least put meaningful bounces rather than bouncing all over the place and you praying it would hit another guy. They did it with Oberon's Smite, they could do it here.

I feel like the glaive as a whole needs love, its mechanics and the way its mods work.  Glaive Prime being a proper significant upgrade over the Glaive should be part of that overhaul.

(Current Glaive Prime stats may be a holdover from the time when Prime stuff was supposed to be mainly a cosmetic improvement over the base. Look at how long we had to petition to get Braton Prime to where it is now.)

Edited by Momaw

It would go a long way toward helping the weapon category out if thrown-specific mods were merged.  I feel most comfortable with thrown weapons with Whirlwind, No Return and Power Throw on, and that's three slots locked up for not-damage.

Maybe the behavior of each thrown weapon type can be different, instead of needing mods to alter their behavior.

It would go a long way toward helping the weapon category out if thrown-specific mods were merged.  I feel most comfortable with thrown weapons with Whirlwind, No Return and Power Throw on, and that's three slots locked up for not-damage.

Maybe the behavior of each thrown weapon type can be different, instead of needing mods to alter their behavior.

I haven't touched Whirlwind in a long time, since I needed room for Spoiled Strike to at least have sub-par damage. Especially since Jet Stream came out for Zephyr (I main her), it really made modding alot easier since now I wont have to get used to a slower and shorter ranged throw! But that's just me and it really doesn't help the underlying issues at hand~

I feel that they should at least put meaningful bounces rather than bouncing all over the place and you praying it would hit another guy. They did it with Oberon's Smite, they could do it here.

That's what No Return is for. Unfortunately I don't think there's really anything else that can be done with bounces, unless getting rid of it all together or possibly only certain throw-able weapons have that said bounce (which I'll get into later).

As for a player who's most used weapon is Glaive Prime (35%+ ish?), I'd think some changes is definitely long overdue!

In regards to modding; since one key issues is 2 to 3 mods that, in many cases, are staples to the build, have no direct influence on damage, that instead could have been used for A. Elemental and/or Physical Damage mods, or B. Sort of just an open slot so it doesn't feel so tight and restricted with modding. Especially for different playstyles, such as players who want to have Life Strike in there for example, or Second Wind, or Killing Blow, the list goes on. With how this is so far, even Whirlwind isn't even viable to put in at this point, without compensating a chunk of damage, that in many cases, you will start feeling it in those longer Defense or survival runs.

Which goes into my next point about some of these staple mods. No Return and Quick Return specifically. With how the bouncing mechanic currently functions, there is no reason to have it in the first place. As I will repeat, currently. If any of it does change, that's entirely another story. But as of now, there's functionally no reason to have the bounce mechanic since it directly influences how we mod. Which shouldn't be the case. At all.

There's a few ideas I can think of that it can go towards:

- It should be axed until there's another way to have the option of bounces, without taking up a mod slot. I believe we should have the choice if we want it or not, even if it is just a novelty/nice to look at. But previously mentioned, not having to compensate important and staple mods that can, to be blunt, make-or-break the weapon sort of speak~

- Possibly having only certain weapons with a bounce mechanic (and/or explosive mechanic). It can keep the throwing category more diverse, and having different weapons catering to a certain playstyle you enjoy. The Halikar is a great example of this, with the ability to disarm the enemy, so having no choice but for the enemy to run in head first.

- Altering No Return, Quick Return, and Power Throw in a few ways. One option is to combine the two (No/Quick Return with Power Throw), so it can open up a mod slot. Currently Power Throw only does 0.6 punch through, which honestly should already be innate to throwable weapons to begin with, or at least half of the punch through already part of it; possibly adding the other partial punch through into Quick/No Return, ultimately getting rid of a mod that I believe should at least be if anything, and option to have it if you want and not feel like you have to have it in your build. With the explosion mechanic up in the air, an option would be to have variant mods to my proposed No/Quick Return (with the partial punch through), so that instead of having that bit more punch through, you can have the explosion on the final bounce instead, furthering more options to the player, without it feeling like they need to have something in their build. This way, we can keep what we have now without having any major changes to the bounce and explosion mechanic.

As far as overall damage is concerned, it would definitely be welcomed, but I think a simple "buff" here and "nerf" there wouldn't cut it or solve the initial problems it has. It definitely will need to be looked more into how it functions beyond just increasing or decreasing a stat; but it definitely would help and head in the right direction nonetheless.

Beyond that, that's all I can really think of at the moment at 2:42am in the morning haha. Also remember, I have no authority on this kind of subject (or anyone really). These were just some ideas that I just spruced up, that are in no way shape or form perfect, but at least for myself and hopefully anyone else reading this, are stepping stones to possibly create even better ideas on how these kind of things work! So please feel free to express any of your ideas as well. Hell, shoot down my ideas if anything, if you have other thoughts that could make throwable weapons even better haha. (Or build upon it. Hey, I did think hard to make sure I conveyed everything to the best of my ability :P)

But still, I hope I could put somethings in perspective a bit, and I really do hope we do see some kind of changes soon!

Cheers! (:

Edited by HalfDarkShadow

One question are you using glaive as a melee weapon or as a throwing one? Because as a a throwing weapon its very good if you mod it right it can have great aoe even. But if you just slash around with it then yeah its not very good but its not built that way.

Just fix the bug when the thing doesn't return properly and melee is unusable for the rest of the mission. I'll be happy.

The thing is already beastly on Loki, Ash, Excal. Making it bug-free is all I need, really.

The thing is already beastly on Loki, Ash, Excal. Making it bug-free is all I need, really.

That's because ANY melee weapon is "beastly" when you have stealth-melee-bonus.  It doesn't mean the weapon is good, it means that some frames have ways of increasing the power of melee to the point that even clumsy weapons perform well.

Glaive Primes' throw/explosion easily deals upwards of 50K damage and it got some really nice stances. 

In addition to that it got VERY strong coptering. The weapon is all around great...not sure about the normal Glaive...I deleted it the second I had farmed the Prime....was that before melee 2.0? XD

Hehe, if you have tried Glaive Prime with Loki/Ash........ then you would never have suggested it needs it buff.

:3

Stealth multiplier will make any melee weapon do tons of damage. I'm talking about buffing glaives in general. Edited by (PS4)abb12355

If only the glaive mechanics from Dark Sector were in this game and were used for throwing weapons, that would be nice. Then again, that would lead to an overhaul of the fighting mechanics and change the uses of throwing weapons.

I.E. If you don't have enemy radar on, you could throw the weapon through the door and scout the area with it while cutting a few goes down at the same time.

The weapon is all around great...not sure about the normal Glaive...I deleted it the second I had farmed the Prime....was that before melee 2.0? XD

If I recall, there's no difference between the two beyond the Prime has a slight faster attack speed~

Edited by HalfDarkShadow