Ask A Cephalon, June 8

DE_Adam

Want to know how to best clean off your Warframe after a battle?  Or maybe you just want to hear a bit about normal life in the Solar System?  Cephalon Cordylon is back for another round of Q&A, sharing the fruits of his knowledge in response to the hard hitting (and sometimes disturbing) queries received.  Check out all his latest answers here

Have a question only a Cephalon can answer?  Why not ask below?  We'll be sure to round up all of your questions for Cordylon review and answer accordingly.

-DE_Adam

dang. cephalons can defend them selves. Guess my plot to kill simaris is no longer a option. Also cant kill the suda anymore.

All hail steel meridian. Also i can no longer hope to going to a civilian settlement. 

Edited by rechot

Always entertaining. So no more flash eating nanite spores as cleaning tool? Damn they made the blades so shiny afterwards, now that i think about it, it was more of a glow...

Anyway. Questions for next time:

Where did Naked Nick go after the Tenno canceled his job as cryo pod tester?

Do Tenno need to breath or just their Warframes (we can see breath comming from the Warframe in cold temperatur areas).

What unit of measure is used in the post Orokin era? Did meter, liter and kilo survive or did the Orokin come up with their own units?

Is there any way i can tell Ordis to not bother me while on the Liset, without hurting his feelings too much? I would like to keep some peace of mind on my Liset, while i don't mind him as much in missions.

Besides the occasionaly angered Suda. Are there any Cephalons who might be directly opposing the Tenno because of a conflict of interests?

How do Clantech research based weapon blueprint differ from the black market obtainable ones. Why do they require such extra research and forma to build?

A Grineer, a Tenno and a Corpus walk into a bar... please help, i forgot how this joke ended!

Edited by Othergrunty

Does grineer millitary system have progression for the troops or it's stronge hierarchy? If soldier is out of the "tube" he will be automaticly a lancer or bombard or general depending on what programm was set for cloning or soldiers have progression and rank up?

I'm thinking about these 3, in particular:

1. Can a modified Warframe be reverse-engineered to be what it used to be? Valkyr has been released from Alad V's laboratories some time ago; but we haven't figured out a way to restore her frame and her as a Tenno before all the torment that changed her, also limiting us to know (or rather, remember) how she could harness her energy and what kinds of powers she could bring to the battlefield. Will we get her back?

2. We, as Tenno and everything it involves (warriors and spies); have succesfully extracted many vital intel archives from the Grineer and Corpus for some time now. Given the fact that they also get new weapons and technology to counteract our cause; is it safe to assume that they are preparing their own spies to leak everything we know so far to their superiors and launch a massive strike like what we faced with the Operation Eyes of Blight?

3. Tenno who get out of slumber are guided by the Lotus and redirected to a safe place, earning that Tenno's respect and loyalty. But what about those other Tenno who we haven't found out? Have they been contacted by the Lotus already? Will some Tenno ever defy our cause and go their own path?

Does syndicates kill each other as soon as they leave the relay?

Why does the syndicates send all kind of mobs which include infested AND corrupted death squads instead of their own agent to kill Tenno?

This also lead to another question - How does the syndicates control those corrupted/infested?

Lastly, who wrote the red text?

Edited by Hueminator

why cant I tune the radio in my liset to 24-7 nonstop corpus rock!? all I ever get are grineer comms and the occasional corpus solar relay argument over contraband goods.

also on a more serious note, how dangerous is a unarmored tenno? this one steel meridian ballista (Who im totally not in a relationship with! where would you get a ridiculous idea like that from!?) has been begging to see my face. im a little concerned for her safety if I do...

also it's not THAT Grineer Ballista, it's another, random, Grineer Ballista.

Edited by McDuffMan

I always enjoy doing missions in Corpus Gas cities. Throwing no good crewmen off and watch them disappear into the swirling gases is so satisfying (or it was until Sirmaris go all mad at me for accidentally "killing" his Synthesis target via a gentle nudge of a moderately high platform). Anyways, I can't help but wonder why I don't see any Corpus civilians. I mean, it would be perfectly natural for the Lotus to carefully plan our operations to prevent needless civilian causalities, but I can never find any evidence of any Corpus civilian life at all. Where are they? Where do they go? do the Corpus even live in gas cities? Are there even Corpus we would consider "Civilians"? What's going on?

When I "rescued" Darvo from his father, Frohd Bek, they were arguing over open comms and I over heard the statement "Damn it father, I'm almost 105 years old! I make my own choices!" This leads me to my questions.

What is the standard life expectancy of the various faction members, outside of combat?

Do the corpus have access to life extending technology, or is their life span that of the average citizen of the Sol system?

What of the Tenno?  What is our recorded average life span outside of cryo sleep?

And let's not forget the Grineer.  Do the clones have an "experation date" and what is the oldest living Grineer on record?

Edited by ChaoticTW

Everyone, including fellow tenno refer to Ordis as a single unique cephalon like you, Suda, and Simaris. A small scale inqury confirmed that every, or at least most of the ship cephalons call themselves "Ordis". Does that mean there is a prime Ordis that can split himself across all ships, or "Ordis" is a cephalon type corresponding to ship cephalons, or something completely different?