Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Concept - Octopus

KonRon

Hi I got this in mind since some weeks and i decided to draw it

the idea is for a Stealth, Control & Support frame.

powers.

1- spitt ink

is a projectile type power but deals no damage instead it launch ink to the enemy it sticks and then the players got crits on that enemy or some type of increased dammage

-the difference with the other projectile attack types this launches many tiny balls like a shotgun and can be used to hit two close enemies or more (is like the bronco spread) upgrading this increase the range and ammount of pellets

2- changeling/(morphic?)

Octopus cloack itself as a enemy, being able to walk around without being detected.

-it is like a decoy of the enemy placed in the place of the character (maybe the character need be invisible to not have a weird look cloacked as a infested charger, still the player is not invisible for the enemies is just ignored)

-while active it has a timer like the loki invis, but the timer get reseted if the player make a succesfull stealth kill

-the player can be detected when using this skill if attack a enemy and/or is seen be other enemy attacking. the skill don´t get deactivated, the enemy who know the player is cloaked gonna attack it but if new enemies enter in the area dont gonna be agro with the player

-the player don´t have more damage or crits like the loki/ash invisibility but the effect can be ideal for stealth kills

3-(insert name here)

this skill is for movility mostly, instead of a dash like excalibur or rhino to not make the same attack I was thinking in a shorter vercion of the volt SPEED skill, with less speed and it last less time, instead to be for only movility it also do control,  the path traveled of the player got marked in the floor leaving constant spots in the floor and the enemies get stuned/ sticked if they stand on them

I got different ideas for this skill on the controll aspect other idea was leaving a path of spots that can be used as a trap when a player hit them with a weapon with elemental effects the spots gonna be set on fire/shock/ice traps. the other idea was leaving some kind of OIL path that can be used for the players for a directional speed boost like the portal 2 paint and the enemies gonna be slip/skid/drifting and stunned

4- Smoke Ink (ultimate)

Octopus leaves a cloud of smoke that stick ink to the enemies.

this work in two stages

-the first is a AoE cloud that make the enemies unable to see the warframes or pod/hostage, while OCtopus walk leaves a path behind it self spreading the cloud, the enemies inside the cloud get doble damage or more (150% on normal attacks and 200% on charged maybe?) (ideal for combos with ultimates, charges or heavy dmg)

-the second is when the cloud vanishes and it leaves the enemies stuned and sticked with ink in a bigger area, making it ideal to finish them if they are alive

design

http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2013/140/d/d/octopus_frame_by_konron-d65y9hm.jpg

at the right is the ALT yelm "F´htang"

(yeah i dont know how to put images, spoilers etc)

im gonna keep working on the design and update the post to explain more how this warframe work with more info later but i can´t doit until the next week this week im not gonna be able to do it

XD thanks you guys!!

the design is mostly inspired in a octopus but it has different inspirations, the long head and the pipes in the back are a reference to the alien from giger, the face is also inspired in a goat and the ALT head I made it basing in a skull a spider and a reference to cthulhu

since the top of the body was inspired in alien I made the ribs in reference to the xenomorph also but that detail can vary.... in my head it looks like a reaper/motorcyclist :V
the hood looks great XD

Edited by KonRon

well a tentacled version for movility like spiderman, point a wall and proyect a tentacle, if the ability cost 10 like the exalibur jump it can work to travel medium distances and improved with reach or continuity (or both)

also like the mag pull, can work as it drags enemies at half distance and let them agro.
but then there is not so much control with this frame with only the ultimate for it and the ink for in favor for party.

PD: I´m leaving now I gonna be back the next monday

Im back....

no one else say anything? woa.... (:|)

well i just made a head more similar to a octopus and i was going to make some layers to make the size of the character more clear because it looks big but it actualy isn´t, the body is smaller than excalibur and more taller like loki but the tentacles make it look bigger....

and i was thinking in rework the arms maybe