Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Strife's Warframe Tips And Guides For New Players! (In-Depth Videos)

(XBOX)xXx STR1FE xXx

Question

This Forum post, and the videos in it, go out to all of the players, new and experienced, on the Forums and the game itself. While in the downtime of the Clan that I lead, I talked with my members and we finally decided to officially open up our own YouTube Channel via my old YouTube account. I thought it would be a great idea to start my Clan's Channel off with a boom! What better way to do that than by making videos made specifically to help out the new players of the game?

Technically speaking, these videos do provide "Tips", but are more of a breakdown series, meaning that the topic that is on the video will be broken down into the most understandable way that I can put it so that you, the player, can understand everything about the topic at hand. The only reason that I haven't changed the name of my videos from, "Warframe Tips For New Players! (-insert topic-)", to something else, is just simply the fact that I like the ring to it.

Upon clicking on the videos below, you will be given information that I put together just for you new guys and gals! Since I do not have any computer equipment for recording or very fast Internet speeds, I have to use what I am given and what is available. I do all of my recording and voice overs through Upload Studio on the Xbox One, so I apologize early for any odd sounds in my voice, as certain things in Upload Studio cause this to happen while I am recording my voice overs.

I try my very best to be as descriptive as I can be in the time frame I have for each of the individual clips that make up the full videos, so I know I miss a few small bits of info here and there! If you find the videos helpful, please, leave a comment here on the Forums or on the YouTube Channel. I would prefer it if you left a comment stating ideas for future videos, however, giving thanks for the hard work is also highly appreciated!

Thank you so much guys! All I really want to achieve here is helping out the players, new and old! Good luck out there, Tenno!

*Navigation, Kubrows, Syndicates, Arsenal and Foundry*

*Mods, Polarities, Formas and Catalysts/Reactors*​

*Survival and Defense*

*Warframe/Weapon/Melee Stats and Damage Types*

*Navigation Re-Visited*

*Relays*

*Planet Unlock List & Planet Boss Drops*

*How to Conclave*

Edited by (XB1)xXx STR1FE xXx

I have added a second video to the collection! It demonstrates how to use and navigate the Mod Table, explains what Polarities are and explains what a Forma, Catalyst and a Reactor is and how to use them! I would love some feedback from you guys! Let me know what you would like to see in future videos new players! Your responses are important to me!

Good luck topping Tenn Os 7hr Survival...

Also good luck on making the videos, videos specifically designed for new players aren't that few, but there should be more, so thanks for that, even tho I am not new myself :P

Edited by Zolfan

Good luck topping Tenn Os 7hr Survival...

Also good luck on making the videos, videos specifically designed for new players aren't that few, but there should be more, so thanks for that, even tho I am not new myself :P

When topping the Xbox Leaderboards, we go for top overall clan, not individual player. So far, in that aspect, we are a success and it is where we thrive lol.

Also, thank you, I will make more in the future but I haven't got much feedback from anyone, so I am doing the best I can lol.

The reasoning I've seen behind hitting life support low (40%-ish) is that if, when it comes time to hit life support, two people hit it accidentally, then neither life support is wasted.  Whereas if two people hit life support accidentally above that sort of percentage, a good deal of one of the life supports is going to waste.

In practice, I think even in PUGs it's actually better to communicate (either in chat or speak) and hit LS around 50-60%.  Usually in teams that are killing fast and hard, there are so many of the small LS drops that the Lotus-dropped big LSs mount up into a long line anyway, and LS is usually hovering around 70-90% most of the time, so it's better for the team to have the mentality of being in the comfort zone re. LS, and if one or two are wasted it's no big deal.

Edited by Omnimorph

The reasoning I've seen behind hitting life support low (40%-ish) is that if, when it comes time to hit life support, two people hit it accidentally, then neither life support is wasted.  Whereas if two people hit life support accidentally above that sort of percentage, a good deal of one of the life supports is going to waste.

In practice, I think even in PUGs it's actually better to communicate (either in chat or speak) and hit LS around 50-60%.  Usually in teams that are killing fast and hard, there are so many of the small LS drops that the Lotus-dropped big LSs mount up into a long line anyway, and LS is usually hovering around 70-90% most of the time, so it's better for the team to have the mentality of being in the comfort zone re. LS, and if one or two are wasted it's no big deal.

I completely agree in your reasoning. My team runs this way, grabbing LS around 50-60% since we are usually "killing fast and hard" as you stated. We always have Party going so we always know when to do things and how to do things, even under pressure. Good statement! 

You could do damage types. Explain the pros and cons of each one. Like how Radiation makes enemies 'confused' and fight each other, but reduces damage done to infested flesh. Viral cuts enemy health in half, but reduces damage done to robotics. (I think, something like that)

A fourth video has been added to the OP! This video will cover every statistic you can see in the arsenal when looking at Warframes, Primary/Secondary and Melee. I break down what each and every aspect is and go into great detail about each stat. Not to mention, a good chunk of this video will be covering EVERY damage type in the game... all 14 of them are broken down, explained, and will be informing you what each is good at killing. I got almost all of my info from personal experiences, but there were a few minor details I had to look up, such as damage type damage %'s and duration of effects. I spent a great deal of time putting this video together, so I hope that it helps out some of you newer players out there confused about which damages to use or how to make certain ones. You will definitely be well educated on this subject as well as the individual stats that make a Warframe or Weapon what it is! 

Edit: The only stat I DO NOT cover is Conclave, as I feel it is kind of irrelevant, and I had no time to add it in after initially making the video.

Edited by (XB1)xXx STR1FE xXx