Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Guides Of The Lotus ~ Program Launch Replies (Split From Original Faq)

LordOda

Question

1,525 answers to this question

It is great to see that this Programme has finally lifted off the ground, it will be great to see all of the Guides helping the newer players out there, they'll show the new players that the community of warframe is a great and friendly one and they'll be an example that everyone tries to strive towards

Edited by (PS4)TheRainbowTurt1e

While the concept is good and all, I've felt since the release of Update 16 that the whole program wasn't needed.

The Guide program is designed to evolve and change as the game does... this is by far not the Guide Program's Final Form, and as we move forward we're looking ahead to adapt to the changing game around us to better help players.

The Guide program is designed to evolve and change as the game does... this is by far not the Guide Program's Final Form, and as we move forward we're looking ahead to adapt to the changing game around us to better help players.

Hopefully these changes are incredibly significant, because I see no use for GotL right now. With all due respect to DE and the guides, I honestly never saw the point in the system and am still unable to. It just seems like something unnecessary.

Edited by LazerSkink

Ah, guides of the Lotus. I really love that idea, infact, too sad i've seen them just twice with my own eyes. Really hope that their number will grow, and guides will be a solid group!

Wish I could become one, but everyone seem to forget me after my every single post

Edited by MG_Vex

Ah, guides of the Lotus. I really love that idea, infact, too sad i've seen them just twice with my own eyes. Really hope that their number will grow, and guides will be a solid group!

Wish I could become one, but everyone seem to forget me after my every single post

I don't, as well as it's nice to see you around Larunda relay sometimes when you decide to peak in:)

Hopefully, these changes are incredibly significant. With all due respect to DE and the guides, I honestly never saw the point in the system and am still unable to. It just seems like something unnecessary.

I think the point is to help new players out by giving them advice on mechanics, builds, etc.

Sorta like what clanmates do for each other.

Although this is a great idea, I feel as if it is being poorly executed by adding a sigil. I have a feeling that it will attract completionists that just want a sigil and aren't really going to help out new players.

Maybe having a little tag by a player somewhere would be better for identification and make being a guide less of a priority for completionists that just want to get things.

/contructive criticism

---

On another note, I am glad however, that this program is up and running. I certainly enjoy assisting other players and helping them learn the game and I am glad that more people will soon get a way to do this officially xD

But seriously, if someone wants to actually help players then they will already be doing so. There is a thread floating around here somewhere with a list of players on each platform that are ready to help a player at a moments notice. Some of those guys on the xbox1 and PS4 list would be great candidates in my opinion. Haven't looked over the PC list much, but I am sure those people are great also!

Edited by TheStag

I think the issue with the sigil isn't necessarily completionism (though that might play a role), but rather the fact that it's somewhat hard to see if you're not paying attention, and how newbies who actually need Guides of the Lotus might not understand what the sigil means - I mean, there's a lot of cool sigils out there that Tenno use, so a newbie walking through a relay might get overwhelmed by all the tenno bling on display and miss the guide sigil for what it is.

I think the issue with the sigil isn't necessarily completionism (though that might play a role), but rather the fact that it's somewhat hard to see if you're not paying attention, and how newbies who actually need Guides of the Lotus might not understand what the sigil means - I mean, there's a lot of cool sigils out there that Tenno use, so a newbie walking through a relay might get overwhelmed by all the tenno bling on display and miss the guide sigil for what it is.

But if new player is seeking help he would ask something in relay chat, right? That's where guide will see and help him

My thoughts exactly. How do they expect new players to distinct Guides from non Guides? The only question I can think of ever directed towards any Guide is "How did you get that thing on your chest?". 

It's quite honestly a poorly made system.

Although this is a great idea, I feel as if it is being poorly executed by adding a sigil. I have a feeling that it will attract completionists that just want a sigil and aren't really going to help out new players.

Maybe having a little tag by a player somewhere would be better for identification and make being a guide less of a priority for completionists that just want to get things.

I am glad, however, that this program is up and running. I certainly enjoy assisting other players and helping them learn the game and I am glad that more people will soon get a way to do this officially xD

^This.

Many people have spoken about this. "I want to become a Guide." someone replies "Why?", and they then reply back with "So I can help new players." The next reply went exactly like the following words. Nothing is stopping you from helping new players right now. Not having a Sigil changes nothing at all, continue helping people because it's what you want to do, not because it's what you want to be praised for or identified as.

You help for community, not for glory.

Not to mention the fact that you can be right about completionists, ones who only want the Sigil and nothing more. But hey, at least people who never help anyone who want to become Guides at the same time will now be nicer. Even though it's insincere kindness for a personal desire, at least they're showing some form of kindness, regardless of whether or not they're just trying to appear that way.

However, your last point I disagree with. "Helping officially" shouldn't be a thing. Help is help, there's no need for validation.

But if new player is seeking help he would ask something in relay chat, right? That's where guide will see and help him

Yeah, but everyone besides Guides can answer as well, there's no restriction on that is there? Again, I really don't see the point in the system.

Edited by LazerSkink

Rather than a Cute Sigil, that is to help new players or players on what your needs and questions, which as we all always have.

This system is very promising, and certainly help communities in different languages, I hope that many more people to learn and not remain stagnant for not knowing something.

Note: If there is opportunity, obviously, I would love to be one xDD.

Sorry for my Bad English and Good day.

A somewhat personal opinion, and were a little about the subject, there are people who although you help, all you seek are "Special Users", to answer your answers, it's true, you do not need a Sigil to help others, or to answer your questions.

But I think that people are selected, comply with what is sought and not presume anything, as some might think.

The thing is help, with or without the sigil. Or you identify with something, but because you have the will and time, and that more than anything is what matters.

Edited by KyuubiNoKitsune

-snip-

It seems less so you are finding arguments against the system and more so you do not understand it in your personal perspective.

That's totally fine. The Guides are not for everyone, nor will everyone need these guides.

Who does need these guides are those MR0 players, just starting out, and becoming shunned in chat for asking simple questions and receiving troll-like responses. I see it everyday, living the system, as a mod and a guide.

It's incredibly frustrating for these players. Sure, they may get the oddball reply that answers their question, or, even better yet, they get recruited into a helpful group of people.

This isn't the case for everybody, not even close. The majority may ask in the chat for several minutes, hours even, and receive no sort of reply.

A Guide is a player dedicated to these individuals. A Guide is someone that you know you can contact, without fear of shunning, and get an accurate and helpful response.

The Guides are not here for glory. They're here to help that player who's straggling behind, and keep the chats in-line. They're ComMods, but for the game, and not the forums. It's order in chaos where a new player has no idea what of the 4 different responses they receive is the correct one.

If you find no point in the system, that's totally fine. You have no obligation to participate in any form. If you're helping players outside the program, all the power to you.

The Guide program is designed in a two-stage system. Senior Guides, basically those proven to be of top Tenno quality, and Junior Guides, those to be in observation and training, if you will.

Should you be only in it for the sigil, and completely disregard any sort of rules, and deny to help players entirely, I'd expect a quick boot.

Other methods of identifying Guides had been suggested and discussed over the past few months, though it has come to the conclusion those sort of things that were discussed are not feasible. Purple text did find its way in there, however, and that at least gives players a proven identifier.

I find the [Guide] tag to personally be the best suggestion, though this hasn't yet become any sort of option.

when you say "active on the forums" do you mean the amount of posts?

and by display knowledge you mean helping players in the players helping players section?

Like the DC always says, quality of posts are the most important aspect. If you have 9000 posts, but they mostly consist of a couple word responses in as many threads as possible, a player with 500 posts and extensive discussion and help given would be given a lot more attention.

Your knowledge display could be anywhere! I know of several people who don't post too often on the forums, but they're chat gods, directing others to the right places, and giving good advice.

I suppose it becomes harder to be noticed simply due to timezones, and the like, but don't think your influence is restricted to the forums.

Very cool. I like seeing these kinds of things that promote a nice, friendly community atmosphere. I do have a question, if it's not too busy and I'm not going to cut into time with new players, can older player go quiz the guides to keep them on their toes? I'm kidding of course, but I will drop by Larunda to see this in action.

Edited by ra9una

An excellent programme! Back when I joined I had no clue how everything worked, luckily my friends explained it all to me but when you start on your own all the features and mechanics quickly get overwhelming. Hopefully these people can point newbies in the right direction.

EDIT: I may just stop visiting Kuiper and drop by Strata from now on to see them in action.

Edited by (PS4)nysudyrgh