Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

"i Am Ghast." - More Fan'frame Love.

SilverBones

I am Ghast.

I study. Every movement, every footstep is a carefully calculated action - whether the brain realizes it or not. A single sound, a flicker of light; even the tiniest actions can cause cascades of emotion to wash over the brain, dulling senses and firing off evolutionary triggers to cause panic and discord.

It is in these small moments that I reside.

I have been carefully hunting down and murdering a pack of Grineer troopers for the last hour. They are down to three now; a heavy gunner and her two bodyguards. I watch from my position on top of a storage crate, hidden by darkness and gripping the hilt of my Fang daggers loosely. A turn of the blade makes a flicker of reflected light in a far shadow and the team opens fire at nothing but shades.

It makes me wonder how far from perfection these traitorous defects really are? Perhaps their fear and their lingering humanity is what gives them such endless drive and sadistic hate. Even as they flash in the highlights of muzzle flare, I know that their fear is what will ultimately be their end and I pity them for it.

Deception. Horror. Simple tricks to some perhaps, but a weapon far more potent in the hands of a master than a Gorgon or Scindo. I drop down behind the team in pure silence, advancing on them in slow, stalking methodology. With a focus of energy, I blast a gout of inky smog form my ‘maw’ and coat them all in impenetrable darkness.

Their sound is all I need.

The Heavy gunner drops first when I land on her back and slide my Fangs into the sides of her neck. As I do so, I scream, causing the remaining Grineer to fire wildly into shadows. Invigorated by their terror, my hands move with lightning speed, ducking under the roaring Grakata and towards my target, stabbing him in many clean, vital strikes.

The last one runs. It is as I designed.

As he looks back at the smoke, he sees his cloned brother crawling out, bleeding to death. In a timed mannor, I step out after him and end his life with a final strike. I continue to move forward, swatting bullets away with Fangs to show the last Grineer that his fight is futile…

Then I let him escape.

Fear is nothing if no one remains to tell of it. It is a disease that must spread and linger, causing more infections of its own accord, and finally, when it is ready, I will come and finish the organism it has infected off for good.

I am the Last Shadow dancing in the dying embers of Terror’s fire; the howl of curdled blood and a portent to the Endless Darkness.

I am Ghast.

Edited by SilverBones

Oh man !!! =) After I read the first few paragraphs of this, The hairs on the back of my neck stood up. Fantastic dude I love it.

Glad you approve!

One of my favorite fanframes. Just started reading.

THISGONBGUD.gif

LOL - Love that .gif! I hope it meets your expectations, sir!

And then the heavy gunner raises from the ground with 90% hp left, gg.

Right? I would take it as read that there was some more, frustrated stabbing involved until it stopped moving.

This is excellent. Some terrific writing here. +1.

Thank you!

Edited by SilverBones

• 2 weeks later...