Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Don't You Know Why?

Evanescent

SCREAM.

And no-one will hear you, like no-one heard us. 

We shall be watching.

Always, always we can hear them. They crawl through our veins, through our brains. They whisper in our ears and jerk our hands to our blades, to our guns, to our throats. They are in us, and they too, they too are screaming.

Don't you know why?

Your eyes bleed fear, you soil your clothes as your illusions, your mirages disperse. Your security crumbles away. Your control-your control fades!

Did you really think you were Gods? Hmm? HMMM?

Don't show those cowardly tears before us, before them. 

They are in us. And they will show no mercy.

Why do you run? Come back here, come back. Why do you squirm and cry out as we push you back, push you down, mash your faces into your thrones? Where is your composure, where is your icy calm? Your gold is all flaking gilt, and your cold a passing chill. Theirs is the true ice of winter, and it flows through our veins.

Where is your nonchalance now, where is the icy clam you hid behind when you ordered the destruction of them?

Who? You dare ask who?

Who did you make us kill, you mongrels?

Remember. Remember. REMEMBER. Why do you bleed? Why do you weep? Is this pain you feel when we twist your limbs until your bones crack so sweetly? Remember, you fools in gold. Remember the pain you made us suffer. The pain you made them suffer. This is nothing.

Do you remember us? What lies behind this cage of madness and decay you shackled us in? What was before the void burnt sanity away? Do you remember? We were HUMAN, Orokin. Human.

And you made us kill, and kill, and kill. And when there was nothing left you made us murder, made us make them bleed until our hands were caked in their gore. Those who you made us to protect. Those we accepted this madness for. You made us eat. Drink their sorrow.

Who you ask?

Humans, Orokin, Humans. 

We cannot speak. We cannot feel. We cannot see. But we remember.

You could taste their shock when you sent us for them. The disbelief, the horror. You could taste their red, red pain in the air like the stench of stale blood. We did not want this. We did not believe this. But You.

You made us do it. And we could only watch.

The electricity in our veins screamed as it fried them. The frost made our frozen hearts shatter as their blood froze up and they died. We made their skin melt, melt into pools of acid as we bloomed like rotting flowers. The light we wielded guttered out as we shed their blood. We ripped them, we burnt them, we made them vaporise. And we died with them, died a thousand deaths with the people we killed. And then you forced our faces down, down into the carnage, and eat. Eat what we had wrought.

They were your people, Orokin. They were only human.

Ordinary humans. Beautiful, simple. They were innocent.

And you made us kill.

We could see their defiance when we came for them. They would not let us take their soil, their land with our soiled fingers. They fought and they died like ants, they burned like moths in a flame. We screamed at them to run.

RUN! RUN! RUN! 

THE HOUNDS ARE ON THE THRONE, AND THEIR MOUTHS SLAVER FOR YOUR CORPSES!

THERE IS NOTHING BUT GILT, LIES AND FOOLS' GOLD!

Run, you child there, run I beg of you. Drop your festoons, your placards. Drop your protests and flee.

Can't you see us coming? Can't you see our forced hands lift our butcher's tools and take aim for you, your mother?

Can't you see they want to make you into us?

Why won't you run?

They couldn't hear us.

Were you so hungry for power? Did you really want that madness in their veins? Did you really want more of us?

You wanted slaves, power. You did not want to save them. You did not make us for their sake.

You made us for power.

Power to reign over WHAT?!?!?

They are in us, you know. They crawl through our veins, force our hands to jerk to the knife, to the gun, to our throats.

They whisper in our ears. Kill they whisper. Kill.

They see you, emperors. 

They see you, and laugh.

Scream.

Scream for the babe you ripped from the mother's teat. Scream for the mothers you raped for your science. Scream for the monsters you made, the disease you let loose. Scream for the boy whose carcass rots even now, defiled with our jowls on the rust of Mars. Scream for the innocents you betrayed.

Scream for us.

Scream.

Look at us, Orokin. Look into our ruined faces, freed from their shells at last. Look into their eyes. Face the millions railing through our empty sockets, leering at you, lusting for your blood. Feel their blood lust in our decaying breaths, watch the disease you made them into crawl over our skulls.

And feel their rotting fingers grip your hair, twisting as they bring your own tools to saw open your skin, and feast on your blood. Feel their fear. Feel their hatred. Drown in their madness.

Scream.

Scream, Orokin.

And no-one will hear you, like no-one heard us.

And they will be laughing.

Don't you know why? 

Yeah, well done with this. Try adding a bit more variety in pace to accentuate the effect of their madness. Make it a roller coaster, not a high speed race.

Other than that, bloody brilliant.

Ehehe my thoughts exactly. My teacher balked whenever I tried to make the madness too realistic as she said I lost control, so I didn't know if it would be the same for you guys. In the next one I'll try injecting some bit by bit to see how much you guys can take!

Appreciate the feedback and glad you liked it!

I like this. I like this a lot. I love writings that are meant to show an extreme mental state, there's a part of me that's really into reading the psychology of others.

Thank you very much!

I like writing psychological standpoints as well.

*Reading Evanescent's fanfic in the OP*

...Maybe I should just settle with the 3rd Place prize instead. There's no way my Warframe-Touhou crossover fanfic could compete with this great piece of work. I mean, writing about the psychological state of other people, especially the ones that are as complex as the Tenno themselves, is the bane of my existence. 

onionwoeplz.gif?1miseryplz.gif?1

Edited by zxcv1911

*Reading Evanescent's fanfic in the OP*

...Maybe I should just settle with the 3rd Place prize instead. There's no way my Warframe-Touhou crossover fanfic could compete with this great piece of work. I mean, writing about the psychological state of other people, especially the ones that are as complex as the Tenno themselves, is the bane of my existence. 

onionwoeplz.gif?1miseryplz.gif?1

Come now. I enjoyed it a lot.

I only write stuff like this when I'm depressed......

Very......depressed....

*sits down and curls up besides zxcv1911*

I think it would be less confusing if you did it thread by thread, so that it didn't get jumbled up.

Ahha. Thanks!

Am I allowed to have a master thread will all the links? I'll ask a moderator, I think.

Edit:Looks like I am! I'll be making one shortly, and you will find all my write-ups there!

Should be easy to track me with it!  ^_^

Edited by Evanescent

A very touching romance, so cute!

lol. Just kidding.

Your descriptions are great, this is a well-tormented soul. I can only describe your work as intense. And epic.

Ikr, the shipping is real!

Thanks! Appreciate it! (/>_>)/\(<_<\)