Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Very, Very Easy Solution To The Mesa Gp Problem

Evanescent

Just have Mesa be able to gain energy only from energy balls she picks up herself, like all other recent channeled abilities. This makes her unable to use Trinity and Energy pads as a substitute, again like all other channeled abilities.

Then have GP be unable to pull orbs. You can still pull all the ammo you need and the mods but you'll have to venture out for the energy and health.

Now Mesa is still powerful, but she can't be so ad infinitum. She has to watch her energy bar, again like all other recent channeled abilities.

Mag still has her useful abilities, and just becomes unable to pull orbs which was the main cause of the recent cheesing.

What do you guys think? What are your problems, what exploits could bypass this?

Nerf energy pickups, nerf GMag energy pulling, nerf Trinity, nerf Limbo, nerf energy syphon, nerf efficiency mods, nerf energy restores, nerf Sahasa energy orbs on dig rng, and that should cover it.  GG campers?

Edited by KnotOfMetal

Nerf energy pickups, nerf GMag energy pulling, nerf Trinity, nerf Limbo, nerf energy syphon, nerf efficiency mods, nerf energy restores, nerf Sahasa energy orbs on dig rng, and that should cover it.  GG campers?

Hey, hey, hey.

Don't overreact.

Well none of the other methods promote afkfarming as much as mesa and gp. That is the problem.

Thsi is a bandaid fix until DE can have a proper look.

I was trying for overreactive sarcasm :/

I suppose the only way to stop Mesa ult camping is to nerf/rework her ult.

What if the GMag rework has to do with mod farming and not affinity / wave clearing? When Viver got nerfed (still hate that nerfed map), they imposed a limit to the amount of mods that can exist before disappearing.  GMag effectively voids that limit without players having to actively hunt down the mod drops.

Just have Mesa be able to gain energy only from energy balls she picks up herself, like all other recent channeled abilities. This makes her unable to use Trinity and Energy pads as a substitute, again like all other channeled abilities.

Then have GP be unable to pull orbs. You can still pull all the ammo you need and the mods but you'll have to venture out for the energy and health.

Now Mesa is still powerful, but she can't be so ad infinitum. She has to watch her energy bar, again like all other recent channeled abilities.

Mag still has her useful abilities, and just becomes unable to pull orbs which was the main cause of the recent cheesing.

What do you guys think? What are your problems, what exploits could bypass this?

Just to let you know. Mesa already cannot receive energy from Energy Restores or Energy Vampire while in Peacemaker. Like all channeled abilities, the only way to restore energy to her is to pickup energy orbs.

Yes, they do need to nerf Gmag. Not only does it allow Mesa to AFK farm, it also allows any other AoE nuking frame to AoE farm if Mesa ever gets nerfed. So yes, gmag is a problem. Next on the list is Trinity and Energy restores though. They both promote camping almost as much as gmag.

I was trying for overreactive sarcasm :/

I suppose the only way to stop Mesa ult camping is to nerf/rework her ult.

What if the GMag rework has to do with mod farming and not affinity / wave clearing? When Viver got nerfed (still hate that nerfed map), they imposed a limit to the amount of mods that can exist before disappearing.  GMag effectively voids that limit without players having to actively hunt down the mod drops.

Very very sorry! I'm not good at sarcasm and the forums recently have made me antsy! D: Sorry mate!

Well mod gathering can't really help her stay in one spot spamming.

On the other hand orbs are what enable her ridiculous parasitism with Mesa.

Just to let you know. Mesa already cannot receive energy from Energy Restores or Energy Vampire while in Peacemaker. Like all channeled abilities, the only way to restore energy to her is to pickup energy orbs.

Yes, they do need to nerf Gmag. Not only does it allow Mesa to AFK farm, it also allows any other AoE nuking frame to AoE farm if Mesa ever gets nerfed. So yes, gmag is a problem. Next on the list is Trinity and Energy restores though. They both promote camping almost as much as gmag.

Agree fully. This is a bandaid fix until DE gets a chance to have a proper look.

Mag can still do some serious CC with crush. I've solo'd draco by myself with mag (max range, with 110% power strength and 130+ efficiency, 17% duration) with greedy pull by just using energy plates  and crush. So, whats stopping having 2 gmags( one doing pull and one doing crush and swapping roles), a frost and nekros doing draco? Sure, theres a considerable less mobs being killed (meaning less exp) thanks to mesa not killing anything, but getting to wave 4 is still a cinch. I imagine it can get even easier if a mag equips fracturing crush. 

Very very sorry! I'm not good at sarcasm and the forums recently have made me antsy! D: Sorry mate!

Well mod gathering can't really help her stay in one spot spamming.

On the other hand orbs are what enable her ridiculous parasitism with Mesa.

Agree fully. This is a bandaid fix until DE gets a chance to have a proper look.

But ya know, any of the things I mentioned can still allow Mesa to ult spam with slight playstyle changes.  

Having a battery Trinity EV right after Mesa toggles peacemaker off then it's back to another minute or two or three of peacemaker, dropping an energy restore then toggling peacemaker on then back off just before the energy plat pulses (did this when I was solo) then toggle back on, having 2-3 sahasas to dig up energy orbs near Mesa so her Carrier can pull em to her, running the mission with a Limbo since rift supplies 2 energy per sec to Mesa even when she's in peacemaker, having 4 energy syphon auras with two max efficiency Mesas who can just take turns, or just stick a QT rage vitality mesa outside of a safe zone with a min duration Trinity since rage too gives energy while Mesa is in peacemaker.

I am sure you guys are aware that games are merely mathematics hidden behind pretty graphics. When you push fire you are actually asking the computer to do some maths on that poor fella by taking away their health based on how much maths you put in your mods.

In saying that, to pretty up or make the gameplay interesting. Why not just spam heavy units that is immune or has heavy reduction to range DPS, has some sort of stun or pull at close range? Because currently when Mesa spam 4, other players either sit still and watch for the entirety until her dps dies down (30 40 mins of being bored) or move to another room and be called a loner or unsociable player.

If in a game everyone was to move together, because of those heavy melee units where you have to run and gun and do needle dps or melee them and do normal dps. It gives the other players something to do while Mesa Spams Four. I mean this is not even brain surgery this is pretty basic. It will solve camping issues as well.

Mesa's, and other warframe's as well, ultimate is not actually playing the game. Going into a static mode where the only input you have to make is holding down a button is not playing. All of those need a rework. Ultimates need to be fun strong abilities that require user input. Excalibur's is as close as it has gotten to that I feel.

But ya know, any of the things I mentioned can still allow Mesa to ult spam with slight playstyle changes.  

Having a battery Trinity EV right after Mesa toggles peacemaker off then it's back to another minute or two or three of peacemaker, dropping an energy restore then toggling peacemaker on then back off just before the energy plat pulses (did this when I was solo) then toggle back on, having 2-3 sahasas to dig up energy orbs near Mesa so her Carrier can pull em to her, running the mission with a Limbo since rift supplies 2 energy per sec to Mesa even when she's in peacemaker, having 4 energy syphon auras with two max efficiency Mesas who can just take turns, or just stick a QT rage vitality mesa outside of a safe zone with a min duration Trinity since rage too gives energy while Mesa is in peacemaker.

All of these still have you stay meticulously on the keyboard. macros can't do this for you. That's why it's a bandaid fix to the current afk farm problem.

I personally think mesa's ult should have her being mobile, maybe with a slight speed boost, with her peacemakers drawn that aimbot anything in an area -near- the crosshair when you click, basically a small cone in front of you. If you right click, it will quick spin you clockwise to another enemy not in your LOS at the time.

I don't see why people rage so hard about mesa.  her damage on the ULT drops off pretty quickly.  And there are plenty of other "op" abilities people can spam while either taking much less damage or having full mobility.

Well, tell me if there are other frames with the capability of letting the user macro and just alt tab and watch a movie or somethin.

Seems like DE should ban people who use macros then rather than ruining a frame because people have "issues."

Doesn't get rid of the problem. Plus DE allows macros for disabilities, so unless they're caught red handed there's little chance.

Seriously why do you guys hate mesa so much? To put it bluntly, there's such a wide network of players ....look for a squad without her and that's it. Solved.

Nerf this and that.. change this and that.. The world doesn't revolves around your play style.

Anyway, mesa is not always the best frame to use in certain missions and on certain maps. Other frames like Ash,Saryn, or a well nodded mag can and have been proven to steal kills from mesa emerging top killer upon mission completion.

Let's all move on shall we.

No, Mag needs the orbs for her own survival. It wouldn't be fair if she was nerfed because of another frame. DE's proposed solution is the fairest one overall. The Mesa change could work, but I'd rather see a complete Peacemaker rework instead.

So GMAG is worthless. Queue Limbo, 2 alternating Mesas, and a buffer Mirage.

***It does not matter what you do. The problem is not the Warframe or even the synergy between them. It's the game mechanics.***

>Limbo with Trin

>Trin on Peacemaker

youre_serious_futurama.gif

Seriously why do you guys hate mesa so much? To put it bluntly, there's such a wide network of players ....look for a squad without her and that's it. Solved.

Nerf this and that.. change this and that.. The world doesn't revolves around your play style.

Anyway, mesa is not always the best frame to use in certain missions and on certain maps. Other frames like Ash,Saryn, or a well nodded mag can and have been proven to steal kills from mesa emerging top killer upon mission completion.

Let's all move on shall we.

Because every other squad has at least 1 or even 2 mesas in it, I could easily select a planet jump in right now and there would be a mesa, especially in ceres credit farming or draco exp farming, or even voids or during the tactical alert. There would always be a mesa, you can't just "look for a squad without a mesa" that's like trying to find a needle in a haystack, the haystack being every mesa in each consecutive squad. So no, problem not solved.

Mesa is appealing, hence why a majority of the people use her, and hence why there are people trying to divert the issue and pretend mesa doesn't need a nerf. I can also turn that statement back at you, the game doesn't revolve around a mesa or your playstyle, yet mesa basically imposes a, "I get to kill everything while you sit and watch and be bored" playstyle on every one else. Then you have the mesa supporters who pretty much abort mission if they don't see a mesa in the party and think the party is full of noobs before even running the mission the first few seconds.