Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chroma's Powers

Kaotyke

So, I've been playing around with Chroma lately and decided to take a closer look at his powers.

Spectral Scream is a bit lacking in terms of range, having only 10 meters in a cone, but it seems to ba a very tight cone, could it be possible to widen the cone or give more range (15m) and tighten the cone? The former would give CC to the ability and the latter would raise the offensiveness of the power.

Elemental Ward has the same problem of Spectral Scream: Range. This is supposed to be his support power, but with 12m range in a fast paced game that difficult, most of the time the only one benefiting from Elemental Ward is Chroma himself unless the player is running after the player or very, very close to each another, otherwise they just pass by the player, receive the boost for 1-2 seconds and keep moving out of range not making use of it! I would gladly reduce the boost bonus for range, give it 15 meters.

In between the parenthesis is the current value

Heat gives 180%(200%) Health Bonus

Electric gives 90%(100%) more Shields and 800%(1000%) Arc Discharge

Cold gives 135%(150%) extra base Armor and reflects 275%(300%) of incomming damage

Toxin is subject to change with Stamina being taken off.

Vex Armor doesnt need any tweaks in my eyes.

Effigy uses 10 energy per second using 50 to activade it. Now the activation cost is not the problem, but the channeling cost, I use 10 energy/sec to keep this power active, which means I can use it for 17.5 seconds at level 30... but there's the scream it gives to stun enemies when its deployed, it lasts 3 seconds and Effigy needs 1 more second do start targering enemies... so we use this ability for 14.5 seconds before our energy pool is completely depleted, and that is if we dont use any other ability in-between! AND thats if it doesnt scream again.

Streamline doesnt hep much, 7 energy/sec and 35 to activade, making the ability last 27s if no other power is used and, theoricaly, 24s of actually attacking.

Reducing the energy cost to 8 energy/sec will make it more bearable, making it last 21.8s and with Streamline use 5.6 energy/sec, a bit more than Spectral Scream, and make it last 31.2 seconds.

Edited by Kao-Snake

Not Chroma's trouble..

Does someone prevent you from equipping mods?

Life lesson to you:

"If you have nothing constructive to say, stay silent." ~ Someone wise.

Edited by Kao-Snake

Does someone prevent you from equipping mods?

Yup with stretch you can turn that measly 12m into a wopping 17M buff that chroma still must stay near allies to maintain.

Ooooh right, you can combine it with overextended so chroma finally has decent range but that kills the buff he was trying so hard to get. But hey, ya got mods right?

Heavy sarcasm aside its range does need a buff to at least 15m for it to be less selfish to chroma. Other changes I'd love if vex armour affected effigy and spectral scream.

omg.. are you so narrow-minded? Do you come to the fountain, or the fountain comes to you? You want Chroma to buff you - you stay near Chroma. That's so simple. What really needs a range buff is Ash's Smoke Shadow with its pathetic 5m range unaffected by mods.

Edited by Bouldershoulder

omg.. are you so narrow-minded? Do you come to the fountain, or the fountain comes to you? You want Chroma to buff you - you stay near Chroma. That's so simple. What really needs a range buff is Ash's Smoke Shadow with its pathetic 5m range unaffected by mods.

fountain? are you from dota or what?

Edited by Pro3Display

So, I've been playing around with Chroma lately and decided to take a closer look at his powers.

Spectral Scream is a bit lacking in terms of range, having only 10 meters in a cone, but it seems to ba a very tight cone, could it be possible to widen the cone or give more range (15m) and tighten the cone? The former would give CC to the ability and the latter would raise the offensiveness of the power.

Elemental Ward has the same problem of Spectral Scream: Range. This is supposed to be his support power, but with 12m range in a fast paced game that difficult, most of the time the only one benefiting from Elemental Ward is Chroma himself unless the player is running after the player or very, very close to each another, otherwise they just pass by the player, receive the boost for 1-2 seconds and keep moving out of range not making use of it! I would gladly reduce the boost bonus for range, give it 15 meters.

Cold gives 135%(150%) extra base Armor and reflects 275%(300%) of incomming damage

Effigy uses 10 energy per second using 50 to activade it. Now the activation cost is not the problem, but the channeling cost, I use 10 energy/sec to keep this power active, which means I can use it for 17.5 seconds at level 30... but there's the scream it gives to stun enemies when its deployed, it lasts 3 seconds and Effigy needs 1 more second do start targering enemies... so we use this ability for 14.5 seconds before our energy pool is completely depleted, and that is if we dont use any other ability in-between! AND thats if it doesnt scream again.

Streamline doesnt hep much, 7 energy/sec and 35 to activade, making the ability last 27s if no other power is used and, theoricaly, 24s of actually attacking.

Reducing the energy cost to 8 energy/sec will make it more bearable, making it last 21.8s and with Streamline use 5.6 energy/sec, a bit more than Spectral Scream, and make it last 31.2 seconds.

you understand that there is another energy efficiency mod right?!   you can reach 75% more power efficiency

Croma is powerfull and I see a lot of people are using him, but he is so boring to play!

#1: Let us be honest! Noone is using that. Ability that doesn't let me shoot for several seconds must be really amazing. Croma's #1 is not amazing.

#2 and #3 are simple buffs, no more no less. #2 "can" affect teammates, but the benefits are low and the range is laughable.

#4 is a turret. I always try to avoid minionmasters or classes that rely on AI, because the AI is most of the time not great and I want to do stuff not some pets I have.

If people are not farming, they invest heavily into #2 and #3 and Chroma becomes a tank and DMG-Dealer with guns. And there is the gameplay flaw in my opinion as the only option left is to shoot stuff. This build offers no tactics because you can't interact with teammates, buff them or CC the enemies reliably.

No "rework" needed. There are enough people who love what he offers, I am not among them, but there are enough other frames for me.

• 1 month later...

What if they modded the first ability so that the breath does 600 damage, and  goes twice as far about 20 meters, The logic behind this buff would be chroma and his pelt art channeling spectral scream together. Then when he cast effigy they split the powers into two and the pelt does 400 damage, and if chroma uses scream he does 200 and his range drops back down to 10 meters