Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

MAG Feedback and Suggestions (Power Overhaul - Save Mag)

MetaMortred

According to my stats I have been playing as MAG for exactly 62 Days. I have a lot of experience with mag and it has been my favorite warframe since its inception.

However the first 3 powers of mag have always bothered me and I had came up with different ideas to fix them. Now I think I was 3 new powers that fit her style rather than anything else. So here are my ideas:

First Power

MagPull.png

Name: Magnetic Attraction or Pull

Description: Similar to pull but with a twist. It is a target based power. It will first Levitate the target in the air, just like how it does with CRUSH. After the Target is in the air it will pull it towards you. Then when the target is pulled he will fall down, not get stunned. However when cast on friend, it will only pull same as what it is now.

Here is how the process will go for the enemy:

• Target is levitated in the air. (1-2 meters)
  • Target is pulled towards you. (as if flying - similar to infested leapers)
  • Target falls down and has to stand up. This will interupt them insted of pull stun.

Second Power

Shield%20Polarize.png

Name: Magnetic Gravity

Description: Everyone in a radius is knocked down and stuck to the ground for 2, 4 and 6 seconds depending on the level. The radius is also 3, 6, 9 depending on the level.

Name: Polarize Shield

Description: Same as it is now, however when you reduce or increase target shield, it will also increase your own shield. This was promissed back in pre-VIP beta, but I still don't see it. The increase is gradual, by aquiering the level 3 of this power your shields should fully regenerate. Also enemy target cannot regenerate shield for 5-10 seconds depending on aquiered level.

Third Power

MagMagentize.png

Name: Magnetize (NEW)

Description: You can magnetize objects or targets and then he or it will become the center of gravity. Everything in a radius will stick to it. and it is drawn towards it. This can be strategically useful since you can magnetize red barrels and have it attract incoming enemies, or target a certain enemy in a group and have it gather everyone in rage into a center and let your Excalibur or Rhino friend finish them off.

Name: Bullet Attractor

Description: Duration needs to be increase 2 or 3 seconds. Also, The radius should increase more with levels. At level 3 it should have a radius of 4 or 5 meters? (diameter of 8 or 10)

Name: Magnetic Disarm (Loki will get another power ?)

Description: Mag disarms a group of enemies near by. Elite Enemies should have a good melee weapon ready in order to not make this Overpowered.

Fourth Power

JC_Crush.jpg

Name: Crush or Magnetic Crush

Description: Same just remove the debris that move forward. Let the debris levitate, but then fall down again.

Anyone else agree with me on this? Add your ideas and suggestions here, I will add them to the thread. Mag needs saving.

Edited by TheNexusCloud

According to my stats I have been playing as MAG for exactly 62 Days.

~1500 hours? Wut... o.0

I've played Mag for a little bit. She is about level 14 and While enjoyable, I feel her first 3 powers could use a revamp as well. Pull is not worth 25 energy IMO when compared to other Warframes. I'd say scrap pull all together and go something like a stasis field in ME3 coop. Have a target and small sphere of AOE around it helplessly float for a bit of time. Hell, more fiitting would just magnetize them and they are forced/held down on the ground for a bit of time like you suggest(just without the pull part)This would be great for diffusing bad situations with Moa's, bosses and medium clusters of enemies if you need to rez someone.

Edited by oGsShadow

I think Loki's Radial Disarm would make a bit more sense with Mag; maybe a targeted AoE that yanks guns out of the targets hands. In exchange, Loki should get a Radial Hack that makes all enemies around him start firing at random targets.

Except for Polarize Shield and some durations. The pruposed changes seem to be good to me.

Why not about the polarize shield? it is pretty useless unless it gives something back at least. 50 energy is deffinitely not worth it.

~1500 hours? Wut... o.0

I've played Mag for a little bit. She is about level 14 and While enjoyable, I feel her first 3 powers could use a revamp as well. Pull is not worth 25 energy IMO when compared to other Warframes. I'd say scrap pull all together and go something like a stasis field in ME3 coop. Have a target and small sphere of AOE around it helplessly float for a bit of time. Hell, more fiitting would just magnetize them and they are forced/held down on the ground for a bit of time like you suggest(just without the pull part)This would be great for diffusing bad situations with Moa's, bosses and medium clusters of enemies if you need to rez someone.

I meant daily - its not hours - its the days that i have been playing this game.

Regarding your suggestion, I like that. It can help neutralize those pesky grineer napalm and bombers. Magnetize to the ground? Ill add that to the thread.

I think Loki's Radial Disarm would make a bit more sense with Mag; maybe a targeted AoE that yanks guns out of the targets hands. In exchange, Loki should get a Radial Hack that makes all enemies around him start firing at random targets.

i like that a lot. If we could swap that with Mag Polarize shield. it would become strategically genius. Lokis ultimate could be Chaos. Where everyone will fight each other in the a large area.

Dont forget mags theme she is all about the magnetic forces. What if magnetize, bullet atractor would affect enemies aswell. Basicly you could make the enemy kill their own teammates.

Pull i kinda like.Its an interesting ability and helps out a lot against the grineer shield dudes. Makeing it change so it makes the enemy hover a bit wont realy make it anymore usefull.

My ability idea is that you could magnetize objects, and the enemies would be pulled towards that piece of scenery or just wall part or anything like that. This could disable them for a while and stay with her theme.

Dont forget mags theme she is all about the magnetic forces. What if magnetize, bullet atractor would affect enemies aswell. Basicly you could make the enemy kill their own teammates.

Pull i kinda like.Its an interesting ability and helps out a lot against the grineer shield dudes. Makeing it change so it makes the enemy hover a bit wont realy make it anymore usefull.

My ability idea is that you could magnetize objects, and the enemies would be pulled towards that piece of scenery or just wall part or anything like that. This could disable them for a while and stay with her theme.

Like a sort of Singularity, but better - imagine if you magnetize a red barrel. and shoot it when people are stuck to it. I like the idea. Adding it to the thread.

Pull is the only ability I use on my Mag other than Crush, it's stun is useful for emptying a clip into the stronger enemies weak points and it's also useful for stripping the Grineer's riot shields. If I was going to change the Pull ability I would make it instant cast because there really is no point in using the ability on smaller enemies if it's going to be quicker to just shoot them. I would also make the enemies ragdoll if they impact with something, so they flop over or out of cover.

For Polarize Shield, I would keep the current effects on the target, but would add a knockback or stun effect to the enemies around the target, letting the Mag force 1vs1 encounters with harder enemies by using their own shields to CC everything around them. Knockdown unshielded enemies, stun shielded enemies for the sake of flavour.

Bullet Attractor would the only ability I would actually rework. Currently it's a defensive power more than anything because the enemies do minimal damage to themselves, so I would turn it into a self-buff that gives the player a reflect shield that turns the enemies small munitions back upon them. Alternatively a self-buff that gives the player homing ammo so I can spray a room with hip fire and watch everything die.

And while we're at it I would remove the debris effects from Crush, currently it looks more like "pick enemies up and throw rocks at them' than 'pick enemies up and crush them WITH MY MIND!'.

That would give the Mag a useful single target utility , a flavoured CC ability and either a Defensive ability or an I WIN button.

Edited by CheeseThief

Pull could do everything you suggested if it just ragdolled the enemy and yanked it to your feet. I'm not feeling a long levitation animation for Warframe's pace. And on that note, it definitely needs to be instant.

Magnetize sounds amazing; it's pretty much what I thought Mag was gonna do before I read the skill list. But there isn't enough room for it without losing a skill, so...

What if Bullet Attractor and Polarize Shield were combined? I guess the Attractor part of it would have to attract bullets and grenades in a radius around an enemy, and reflect bullets (you'd still take damage, but the shot would ricochet back haphazardly) and grenades for allies. That way, you could debuff an enemy and indirectly CC other mobs simultaneously. It might help for melee too, since bullets aimed at someone meleeing a Polarized enemy would get attracted to it instead (well, unless they stood between the Polarized enemy and the shooters, but...).

You'd need a penetrate mod to hit the explosive barrel while enemies are attached to it. :P

It took me a while until I understood why you said that. and I think its awesome :D

About Bullet Attractor, I really dont hate it, I believe that Mag powers should be rebalanced. If the new Magnetize is made, then I imagine the new line up to be like this:

1 - Pull

2 - Bullet Attractor

3 - Magnetize

4 - Crush

Been playing as Mag recently , and yes, the only skill i find useful out of the 3 skills is Pull.. I reallly like the ideas here though, hope the devs will listen and implement these changes to the underpowered warframes like Mag as soon as possible, to make other warframes viable, add more variety to the levels we play.I dont like to see the same frame allover again just because the other frames are a little not that good in what they do most..

Edited by CrystalRibbon

Been playing as Mag recently , and yes, the only skill i find useful out of the 3 skills is Pull.. I reallly like the ideas here though, hope the devs will listen and implement these changes to the underpowered warframes like Mag as soon as possible, to make other warframes viable, add more variety to the levels we play.I dont like to see the same frame allover again just because the other frames are a little not that good in what they do most..

I have talked to the devs and given this threads link to them, maybe if players show interest they will listen to whats written here. Make sure to come up with new ideas for powers and keep this thread alive. Hopefully they will respond to our needs :D

Well, I got my Mag last night, so it's only Rank 7, but I think I can leave a little comment in this thread.

First of all, I really like her style, her design. Don't change it like you did with Ember ^^ If you want to change anything, then increase the diamond-shaped thing in her helmet in size, that's really cool.

But let's talk about the Mag. I think she should be a mix between Support and Offensive caster, something that connects Trinity and Volt. But at the moment she lacks spell power in that regard.

If her spells shall stay in the functionality like they are now, then I would increase the amount of shield healed / removed on her "Polarize shield" ability, maybe even make it an AoE. At the moment it's a pain in the &#! to target the correct person, and 50 energy for the amount that's polarized at the moment is too much. Or this spell could also feature an increased regeneration for several seconds (maybe reduce the initial shield boost), respectively no regeneration for some seconds on affected enemies shields.

Polarize shield at the moment is difficult to use and features only little reward.

Next thing I would want to adress is the "Bullet attractor". I'm not that sure that it works properly, because a friend and me tested it last night, I used the Power and he shot with his HEK into the bubble, but we didn't see any damage numbers over the enemy. Even if it works, I think it should feature a little increase in damage, maybe 10/30/40% more.

A question on the side: How does this spell affect bullets that would hit the enemy without problems ? Does it change the flight path of bullets that are aimed to head ?

"Pull"... I don't really see the use in that spell. What should I pull ? I won't waste my precious energy on small guys like crewman or Moa. If they are behind cover I can't flush them out with that power, because they need a unblocked flight path, and if they are out of cover I'll just shoot them with my Latron.

Big guys like ancient infested ? Hell no, I don't want the poison-guys on melee-range !!! same for bosses like hyena, golem or the grineer boss with trinity-blueprints.

Friends ? well, if they need my help, then they are in a swarm of enemies, I can't pull them out because I can't target them. Pull them behind cover during a bossfight ? I don't really see that happening, because the game does not do a good job at team overview, how should I know which of my teammates is at low life ?

--> It would be useful if you did a little bit of damage with that spell, or increase the stun duration...

... OR change it into a "Push"-Power, that pushes every enemy in a cone in front of you a little bit back (maybe with stun + damage if they hit a wall ? that would be quite nice), I would appreciate that very very much.

I don't have crush yet, so I can't say anything regarding it. I assume it's something like Volt's fourth skill, if so, I think it can stay as it is ^^

All in all I can agree with the thread starter, most things I wrote here are already in the opening post. Maybe I said something you like (f. ex. the Push-instead-Pull idea), then feel free to add it to the list ^^ I would feel honored

I had an idea for the firs 3 skills. More of a concept though.

First skill. PULL: the only difference being it's more like you grab the opponents head and drag it to your feet. So it's a pull that ignores low terrain and knocks down the opponent you pulled (dunno why but everytime I use pull it feels like behind that cosmic gaze of hers there's a flaming scull screaming "GET OVER HERE!")

Second skill PUSH: Push the target in the direction you are facing. The target if it's and enemy get's stuned, if it's an ally, nothing. But there is a catch, Any enemy hit by the projectile get's knocked down if there are several they all get knocked down (like bowling :D) Also hitting obstacles by both skills causes minor damage.

The third skill can still be Magnetize with a perk, it reveals invisible foes. Sort of like marking the target and you see that bubble going around. (this skill could be very usefulll in pvp, even if your not playing against a stealth target)

Another variation on the third skill might be the current Sheald Polarize but when you cast it above an enemy or ally and you miss them by a landslide, the Sheld gain is aimed at the caster. (so it's not something you can only cast on your allies and enemies but yourself too)

This concept is revolved around the PULL/PUSH mechanic and the third skill could be either of the two suggested (or sort of a merge of the two). I like the idea of manipulating your surrounding like no other frame can, by tossing enemies all over the battlefield. Watching targets fly around with the ragdoll effect always makes me giggle :D.

Also if any mag user found any interesting or new ways to use the PULL skill please post here:

https://forums.warfr...5449-mags-pull/

THX

Edited by Malkav

If her spells shall stay in the functionality like they are now, then I would increase the amount of shield healed / removed on her "Polarize shield" ability, maybe even make it an AoE. . . . .

DUDE, they are skills, powered by energy. Not some magic S#&$. Its science, technology! dont degrade it :/ now that I got that off my chest. You gotta level more on Mag to understand her full potential. Fully level up Magnetize and you'll see its usefulness flourish then. Its a good skill, but nothing worth 75 energy.

I had an idea for the firs 3 skills. More of a concept though.

First skill. PULL: the only difference being it's more like you grab the opponents head and drag it to your feet. So it's a pull that ignores low terrain and knocks down the opponent you pulled (dunno why but everytime I use pull it feels like behind that cosmic gaze of hers there's a flaming scull screaming "GET OVER HERE!")

Second skill PUSH: Push the target in the direction you are facing. The target if it's and enemy get's stuned, if it's an ally, nothing. But there is a catch, Any enemy hit by the projectile get's knocked down if there are several they all get knocked down (like bowling :D) Also hitting obstacles by both skills causes minor damage.

The third skill can still be Magnetize with a perk, it reveals invisible foes. Sort of like marking the target and you see that bubble going around. (this skill could be very usefulll in pvp, even if your not playing against a stealth target)

Another variation on the third skill might be the current Sheald Polarize but when you cast it above an enemy or ally and you miss them by a landslide, the Sheld gain is aimed at the caster. (so it's not something you can only cast on your allies and enemies but yourself too)

This concept is revolved around the PULL/PUSH mechanic and the third skill could be either of the two suggested (or sort of a merge of the two). I like the idea of manipulating your surrounding like no other frame can, by tossing enemies all over the battlefield. Watching targets fly around with the ragdoll effect always makes me giggle :D.

Frst idea in regards to pull, read the first post, i wrote something on Pull, what do you think of that.

Second. Although push makes sense, but I dont think its a good idea at all. It serves no real purpose and it will look too much like you are using force powers from Force Unleashed. Or throw from mass effect, this needs a degree of uniquness to it. something that wont kill them but it is equally damaging. Maybe if the push idea was modified a little something good might come from it?

Third, Reveal invisible foes? this is mag, magnetic ability. also there will NOT be a pvp in this game, so useless in that deprtment.

Fourth, I think polarize shield must go. Read the OP please.

I like your ideas, but I believe that a degree of magnetism must be involved. I had to brush up on some of my old physic books to come up with solid ideas that magneticly make sense. These are not SPELLS!! after all, these are scientificly and technologically plausible powers. Why the hell then we have warframes if not so? right?

DUDE, they are skills, powered by energy. Not some magic S#&$. Its science, technology! dont degrade it :/ now that I got that off my chest. You gotta level more on Mag to understand her full potential. Fully level up Magnetize and you'll see its usefulness flourish then. Its a good skill, but nothing worth 75 energy.

Frst idea in regards to pull, read the first post, i wrote something on Pull, what do you think of that.

Second. Although push makes sense, but I dont think its a good idea at all. It serves no real purpose and it will look too much like you are using force powers from Force Unleashed. Or throw from mass effect, this needs a degree of uniquness to it. something that wont kill them but it is equally damaging. Maybe if the push idea was modified a little something good might come from it?

Third, Reveal invisible foes? this is mag, magnetic ability. also there will NOT be a pvp in this game, so useless in that deprtment.

Fourth, I think polarize shield must go. Read the OP please.

I like your ideas, but I believe that a degree of magnetism must be involved. I had to brush up on some of my old physic books to come up with solid ideas that magneticly make sense. These are not SPELLS!! after all, these are scientificly and technologically plausible powers. Why the hell then we have warframes if not so? right?

I like your idea for the first skill. It's not so different from my idea. I would have to illustrate it properly or explain it thoroughly. (I'm not that good in narrwoing things down).

My idea that magnetize reveals hidden enemies is allready in play. I mean if you could cast it on a player before he goes invisible you would see a sphere running around. Which makes pinpointing his location alot easier. It also reveals enemies behind cover, because of the sphere.

I agree there shouldn't be any flying debris when using crush. It just looks out of place.

Magnetic gravity sounds too much like rhino's stomp. Where enemies aren't floating but knocked down.

Polarize sheild+Magentize can become one skill, how? If target is an enemy you magnetize their shields and shape them into an orb that projects bullets directly into the target. If target is an ally you boost his shields (a fixed amount) but if you go over their current shield cap it works additively, adding the fixed amount that slowly degenerates to the regular cap. If the target is the ceiling (or no where near a regular target) you get the same boost as your ally. I just didn't want to go into detail.

Magnetic disarm souds like loki's disarm.

Your Magnetize(NEW) looks like a lot of fun I like this idea, and since there will be more and more objects like the exploding barrels in new patches it will work out fine. :3

I aslo don't think that focusing on the current knowledge of science is a good idea. I mean in 20-50 years, things will be very different science vise. I can't even comprehend some of the things man could do in let alone a thousand years from now. Thats where imagination comes into play.

Also I'm still stumped as to why does mag have sheild polarize as a skill? The powers of repel and attract can be used in so many more fun ways. Thats why I was thinking of the Push skill... Also I have to say that trying to be original in todays world is overrated. Because most people when trying to be original always go in the direction what hasn't been done yet, which leads them to absurd ideas and thoughts, which were often allready done but not recorded in history. It's true way to being original is using elements from many diffrent things and combining them in a new way, that's called creativity.

I also am currentyl leveling Mag (sitting at rank 20 now).

Skills I use most are crush and pull.

Crush, to look cool while my teammates watch in awe ...

Pull, either to jank the riot shields of those grineer .. or to have some fun with teammates.

So I would definately support a rework of skills 1-3, and I very much like your idea.

On a sidenote :

I know that when Mag casts crush she is still vulnarable. But someties I get hit by one of those jumping infested. I get knocked down while the infested around me still get crushed.

Now Mag stands up and does the crush animation again, by wich time the crush skill itself has already finished.

Anyone else noticed this?

I also am currentyl leveling Mag (sitting at rank 20 now).

Skills I use most are crush and pull.

Crush, to look cool while my teammates watch in awe ...

Pull, either to jank the riot shields of those grineer .. or to have some fun with teammates.

So I would definately support a rework of skills 1-3, and I very much like your idea.

On a sidenote :

I know that when Mag casts crush she is still vulnarable. But someties I get hit by one of those jumping infested. I get knocked down while the infested around me still get crushed.

Now Mag stands up and does the crush animation again, by wich time the crush skill itself has already finished.

Anyone else noticed this?

The crush Bug will probally be fixed, along with the bug where some enemies are left standing whilst you can still pass through them.

I'm overall happy with mag but pull definitely needs something.

I was thinking just add collision damage.

Example

1. Pull an enemy through a mob doing damage to him and everyone he impacts on the way threw.

2. Pull an enemy into a box or other obstacle at high speed doing relatively high damage to them.

Polarize Shield: An overhaul of the games HUD/UI will make this much better. Only after that do I think they can consider messing with the ability. At this point its rarely used due to the fact it's hard to tell when to cast it on a friendly, and some work is still needed on the shield system itself for friend and foe.

As for Bullet Attractor I have always thought it should have some gravitational pull to it.

I'm overall happy with mag but pull definitely needs something.

I was thinking just add collision damage.

Example

1. Pull an enemy through a mob doing damage to him and everyone he impacts on the way threw.

2. Pull an enemy into a box or other obstacle at high speed doing relatively high damage to them.

Polarize Shield: An overhaul of the games HUD/UI will make this much better. Only after that do I think they can consider messing with the ability. At this point its rarely used due to the fact it's hard to tell when to cast it on a friendly, and some work is still needed on the shield system itself for friend and foe.

As for Bullet Attractor I have always thought it should have some gravitational pull to it.

Polarize should be more like ME3's Singularity. Drop a ball that drains enemy shields and has unshielded enemies flying around to be shot at a bunch. Make heavy enemies more resistant to that if necessary. Right now, not many enemies have shields, most enemies with shields have low shields and tons of health (thus eliminating shields is largely useless), etc. It's way too specialized. As is Pull, which is just a utility power with no simple direct-damage usefulness.

Compare it with the other utility powers in Loki and Trinity, which either 1. Do something nothing else can, or 2. Effectively disables large groups of enemies.

Pull either needs an AoE or some sort of extended lockdown. I'm leaning towards AoE pull and stunning light enemies because the latter would make it too effective against bosses.