Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

That Completely Broken T3D Enemy Spawning

Fari

After wave 20 of this defense enemy spawns went to poop, each wave up until wave 25 taking more than 20 minutes (counted, not exaggerated at all, 25 took more than 30 minutes alone) each, with more than 2 minutes between enemy spawns. No problems before 20, got progressively worse every wave.

Frames were (Speed)Nova, Frost, Mirage, and Excalibur. Stopped even bothering to use speed nova after wave 21 though, didn't help at all.

I've noticed this problem as well. It seems to apply to all defense missions in the void and all defense missions in Ceres. I haven't tried other defense missions to check, but the spawns have been a lot slower than they should be for quite some time now.

It doesn't seem dependent on frame, I've see it with everything from a mesa/mag/slow nova/frost team to a frost/excal/excal/excal team.

Hm. This was the case for survivals and defense for me, but as of 16.11.3, I ran a T4S and the spawns were as insane as ever.

T3D runs since that hotfix were normal, too - piles of enemies up to 40. Might be fixed.

Also, this happens temporarily with every excav rework, it seems, and then is gone by the next hotfix.

Edited by FelisImpurrator

After wave 20 of this defense enemy spawns went to poop, each wave up until wave 25 taking more than 20 minutes (counted, not exaggerated at all, 25 took more than 30 minutes alone) each, with more than 2 minutes between enemy spawns. No problems before 20, got progressively worse every wave.

Frames were (Speed)Nova, Frost, Mirage, and Excalibur. Stopped even bothering to use speed nova after wave 21 though, didn't help at all.

Same issue here. Trouble started in the middle of a mission right after the hotfix. The party consisted of: frost, mesa, speed nova and trinity. Had to quit at wave 35

I have seen this issue twice so far. Enemies only spawn a few at a time at each spawn, which means 100 enemies will take about 15-20 spawn waves to clear. A two minute wave now lasts four or five times as long. The only void defense I have noticed this in is T3D, but I have not played anything but T3D since the Ash prime update.

Hm. This was the case for survivals and defense for me, but as of 16.11.3, I ran a T4S and the spawns were as insane as ever.

T3D runs since that hotfix were normal, too - piles of enemies up to 40. Might be fixed.

Also, this happens temporarily with every excav rework, it seems, and then is gone by the next hotfix.

I haven't done any defense missions since the hotfix, but I do know that ever since tubemen (or possibly earlier), defense spawns in the void and possibly other places have been much, much slower than they were previously.

THIS NEEDS TO BE EXPLOITED!!

What, have no trouble getting to wave 7000 but it takes you more than 8 years? I suppose you could, if no one got d/c'd or otherwise booted in all that time, you'd go insane before then though.

maybe i'm answering the wrong question (probably)... but for me and my experience on T3D were not the best, lag badly and "neverending" waves.

in the second try the last wave (we were heading to wave 30 and can't remember the exact number), the game itself closed and only the owner of the key returned to the liset, me and my other Teammate got back to the Desktop of the pc.

(we were only 3, (excalibur (key owner) / nova (my teammate) / Loki (the lost one who wrote this))
i'm still trying to understand what happened, like wondering in the sky with a poker face "what was that" sound in my mind xD.

Yes, this bug has been out for awhile but this patch or update acually made it worst.  I have posted same thing yesterday on general bug; https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/487889-void-defence-spawn-rate-bug/

It finally got to me, the bug that is.

But it doesn't happen in Just TD3 infact its all of the void defence mission.

Edited by Krazzie

Just had this problem w/ a squad of Mirage/Frost/Speed Nova/Mesa in a T3D

we spent 3hrs trying to finish the waves.. 30min or so to get up to wave 35.. at 36 the spawns went to hell and we maybe got 3 enemies every 5 or so minutes. Needless to say we didn't finish, even after reaching 40 (waves 38-40 probably took an hour and a half at least) nobody wanted to sit by their computers constantly so we took turns watching for enemies and they killed the pod. GG DE.

Can we give you any info in order to claim lost items? I'd like the rewards, if at all possible to recover, for the AABCAAB rotations, there wasn't much there but a couple of the items completed sets that I would've liked to give out to friends..

Edited by Sunnyxo

I'm currently in a T3D and on wave 34 and have time to find this thread and post a response. Pretty sure there's a problem here.

Speed nova, frost, and loki in our group. We're all around the pod and the trees. It took us 10 minutes + to do each wave from wave 32. 

This is insane. We were worried we wouldn't be able to survive because of too many mobs for group of 3... now we don't think we'll be able to survive the boredom. 

One in our group wondered if it's because we have a speed nova... he said he noticed this happened when speed novas were in the group... any of you have this without one?

Really would appreciate the devs taking a look at this, especially since this is where one of the new primes drops.

*Update* 10 mins for wave 32, 15 for 33, 20 for 34, and 30 for wave 35. By the end the mobs were spawning 1 or 2 at a time from only the doors near where you spawn in. On wave 35 we had a solid 3 minutes without a single mob spawning. 

Edited by idlefantasy

• 2 weeks later...

Funnily enough I could simply copy idlefantasy's post because it's so similar.

I just finished a T3 Defense (got Ash bp, thank you very much for asking) with every wave past 34 lasting between 6-15 minutes each, with mobs trickling in in groups not larger than three units. Our team was EV Trinity, Frost, Speed Nova and me as Rad Disarm Loki. We checked if the molecular prime or disarm had anything to do with it but that didn't seem to change anything. The host wasn't experiencing framerate issues, nor were we dealing with connection lag.