Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Have Not Played In A Few Weeks But T3 Defence Seems To Take Way Longer.

Batwing

Did a t3 defense got to wave 20 pretty quick but right after that the waves 20-30 were WAY longer then i remember I'm not sure it if was changed or it's bugged but it took us close to an hour to clear it. ended up killing almost 4k enemies can't remember if that was the normal amount when i played more. The spawns seemed REALLY slow and at some points nothing was around and it seemed like it would tell us wave cleared but then would start spawning more.

Can't tell if it's a bug or not but man i really hope it is cause we were going to run to wave 40 but the waves got so boring being that long man we would stand around doing nothing a good few times. None of us were nuking either.

They somewhat recently modified the Corrupt Ancients to provide a 90% damage resistance buff aura to surrounding monsters.  Generally unless you have people who are aware of this and know to single them out, waves will start taking much longer after 10 when they start appearing

I still question the corrupted ancients getting that 90% damage reduction aura, completely stupid if you ask me. As if corrupted enemies weren't tanky enough, with their infinitely scaling armor values, have fun dealing that 20 damage because of an ancient that may or may not be on the other side of the wall, or anywhere out of your vision.

I still question the corrupted ancients getting that 90% damage reduction aura, completely stupid if you ask me. As if corrupted enemies weren't tanky enough, with their infinitely scaling armor values, have fun dealing that 20 damage because of an ancient that may or may not be on the other side of the wall, or anywhere out of your vision.

Agreed. I never really got the reason why they put this in anyway.

The upgraded Ancients definitely make the hordes of enemies much tankier than they used to be, but that issue with waves slowing down around the 20 minute mark has been an issue for a while now as well. It's most likely some kind of bug with the enemy spawning, but who knows, maybe it was intentionally put in place to discourage hour-long runs (I sincerely doubt that though).

Edited by Paradoxbomb

It's not that it takes longer to kill them it just seems like it either takes longer for them to spawn or there's more spawning. We whiped out groups really fast but there were hoards before. Now theres like a group of maybe 15 and we killed them really quick and then there would be a few runing around and it just seems like the enemies don't spawn as fast.

Noticed this as well, wave 20-40 takes easily 3-4x as long as 0-20 because of how many more enemies spawn, no matter how fast you kill them. You used to be able to maintain 1 minute per wave up into the 50s pretty easily with Mag nuking and shooting the rest but now even with Mag nuking and a Mesa to clean up the rest, both literally one shotting everything the entire time, it still takes what feels like an hour to go to 40m.

The problem is real and this is not because of ancients. We still killed enemies almost instantly. Something is wrong with spawining after 20-30 waves. Enemies keep coming, it feels like one wave is equal to at least 5 normal waves.