Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bought The "hunter Founder Pack"

Zantestsuken

As title states, I did.

Most of the people approaching a free-to-play game do as such because, obviously, it's free. Taking a look back, I was one of them. I didn't want to spend any money on every game that was free.

I signed up to this game even back when it was in Closed Beta just hoping to get a taste of this tasty ninjawith@(*()$gunsgame. Useless to say I didn't get a key.

But after the game got Opened to everyone I tried it and thought: "Man this game is no free to play material! It's too good to be so!". So I broke my taboo because this game deserve it's share of money.

It's a fine game. The first who gives you the opportunity to play a fine game even soloing.

Do you guys agree? Should we all make this "sacrifice" (c'mon 50 € was the price of AC3 and we all know how it felt to see our money down the toilet)? Isn't this a way to help improving the game?

In the end I hope not to regret this choice. Hope DE will remember all the fans that stood up to help WF.

Edited by Zantestsuken

Very much on the same wave length as you good sir. I have NEVER paid for anything in a f2p game before, In fact on things like LOTRO I enjoyed the challenge of been in the f2p crowd. But about a week in I took a look at the forums, watched the livesteams and sat back and thought "huh, I am strangely compelled to get the Disciple package". Well it didn't let me down, even just with a Disciple package I have got enough plat to unlock my frame/weapon slots (and the cosmetics for sentinels, Wyrm loves looking fabulous).

Will probably upgrade to Hunter when my rent goes out, then who knows if I can save up for master before founders ends.

Edited by Noobxs

Just don't rush off and use all your plats on weapons. It would spoil most of the fun :)

I bought plats before doing this "crazy" purchase. I buy only slots (and when in need potatoes). So I think 1200 plat will last a loooooong time. I needed them because WF is like Pokémon: GOTTA CATCH 'EM ALL!

I refuse to play F2P games on principle of some snooty rich kid buying his way over my skills. I play to enjoy, not beat someone else.

Given that Warframe is a PvE game .. and a very good one at that, I happily paid $50 for pack and topped up $20 on plats.

Tried Hawken and Planetside 2 (kinda partial to PvP) .. terrible, just down right terrible and Pay to Win.

Same here, it is my second time paying for a F2P game. I mulled for a long time but in the end i decided on hunter package to support DE for this wonderful game.

Edited by Zoet

Warframe is also the first F2P game I've put money into.  This is probably also due to the PvE aspect of things and not being play to win. 

And with all the platinum I have, I've only bought weapon and Warframe slots, and color packs and that's it.  It's too much fun buying, collecting, and leveling things up to just buy a frame or weapon with platinum.

I refuse to play F2P games on principle of some snooty rich kid buying his way over my skills. I play to enjoy, not beat someone else.

Given that Warframe is a PvE game .. and a very good one at that, I happily paid $50 for pack and topped up $20 on plats.

Tried Hawken and Planetside 2 (kinda partial to PvP) .. terrible, just down right terrible and Pay to Win.

Sme, played MWO, Hawken and Planet Side 2... i love this game better.

and that's why i'm saving up for a founder's upgrade :) hope i won't be too late.

OP Give yourself a pat on the back from me. Just don't try to do DE's marketing for them, looks very degrading.

AC3 also costs nothing to get. Everything created has to be paid for one way or another. Does not mean I'm not going to get IP for essentially free. Copyright is just an attempt at greedily selling something multiple times. Nothing worth abiding by.

I don't regret my purchase, quite the contrary: I think this game is really fun and it deserves some money.

I didn't spend much of my platinum yet: I only bought a sentinel, weapon/warframe slots and the two least expensive warframes (Loki and Volt), but I currently have 9 Warframes and virtually all the weapons so I don't feel like this game is ripping me off at all.

I actually just recently upgraded from Disciple to Hunter. It was worth the extra $30 spent. When I got invited to play Warframe back in the Closed Beta, I remember saying I wasn't going to put any money into this game.

Woops.

I also bought the Hunter Pack after the "open" week during the Closed Beta. Part of the reason is that it was, and in many way still is, far superior to Mass Effect 3's multiplayer for which I paid lets call it half ME3s launch price.

However some of DE's moves of late have me not so happy anymore. I'm still waiting for more Lore though.

Aside from the rich kids is the satisfaction YOU get by playing I think. The fact that there is a Solo Mode made it my game. It means I can really build my stats by myself, aside from joining a clan perhaps.

For the record I have a clan, it's made up by me and my brother.

OP Give yourself a pat on the back from me. Just don't try to do DE's marketing for them, looks very degrading.

On the marketing I must disagree. I just wanted to state my point: we should all contribute to a game we like and it's well done for a Open Beta and it's not (yet) a pay to win.

Beside: people just need to make a "living" out of their jobs. (Living is not equal to profit, always remember that)

I must admit being classified as a older gentleman I don't usually play shooters, to be honest have never been very good to make it fun for myself, and if I did play I seemed to get bored with it. I also have never put real money into an online game, but after giving Warframe a try I have become obsessed with it. It's fun, I am actually pretty decent at it and the choice of Frames really let you play whatever is your style. I introduced my son to it and his mission now is to get every Warframe. I only hope the fun continues with the new updates which I hope are soon.