Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vectis Prime Crit. Buff, Please!

(PSN)Darkturn

I don't care to much of DPS nor the second Bullet, since I don't own primed Chamber and I made the math without that charged chamber is maybe better in single shot but overall single bullet damage is better even without charged chamber nut not primed chamber.

Also I don't know why you would play a Bolt-action sniper in a style of a sami-auto assault rifle? Seriously DPS is minor concern also is fun to play it stealthy if not even use hush for chance, hehe.

So is pretty ok I guess otherwise this mod is not very important specially since console don't own them and only those who own are those with big pocket or have own them from PC.

Ok, back to the topic.

Please Increase the Crit Chance to 35% or 30% but with 30% Status.

Crit. damage, maybe or maybe not is all up to you.

hmm.... I don't really think otehr buff is really need otherwise.

Ok you agree? please 1+ up here thanks :P

• 2 weeks later...

This reminds me of the Latron Wraith threads.

The second bullet is a sidegrade, not an upgrade. I personally enjoy the second bullet, because it increases the rounds/min that the vectis prime can eject. The downside is that charged chamber (and primed chamber) are no longer viable. The vectis prime features ~22% damage increase over the original vectis, and another free mod slot for more damage to compensate for the lack of charged chamber. At the end of the day, a well-modded vectis prime will always chew out numbers higher than those of the vectis. Of course, those lucky few with primed chamber will have a much harder decision to make.

As far as crit chance goes, players have been asking for modded 100% crit chance snipers since update 8. Hopefully, we'll see it soon. Then again, we've been asking for the shotgun buff since update 8 as well. It might take them another long while before we get it.

For the love of god, please, remove the second bullet and increase the crit chance. That is what people wanted all along. DE you wanted to come up with something creative when adding that second bullet and your effort is appreciated of course but by now, look how many people are actually happy with that. I was reading a tweet when the weapon got released that there will be "much vectis discussion" but it seems to be clear that in its current state not many people at all seem to like what has been done to the vectis.

More crit, one less bullet, that is all we need, that is all we want, thanks.

This reminds me of the Latron Wraith threads.

The second bullet is a sidegrade, not an upgrade. I personally enjoy the second bullet, because it increases the rounds/min that the vectis prime can eject. The downside is that charged chamber (and primed chamber) are no longer viable. The vectis prime features ~22% damage increase over the original vectis, and another free mod slot for more damage to compensate for the lack of charged chamber. At the end of the day, a well-modded vectis prime will always chew out numbers higher than those of the vectis. Of course, those lucky few with primed chamber will have a much harder decision to make.

Actually, the only way that the Vectis Prime can outdamage the standard Vectis when properly modded is with an anti-faction mod, being used only against that faction. In Void missions, for example, Vectis is always better than Vectis Prime. It's not a huge difference, and obviously neither one is good to begin with, but it's kind of a shame that for a huge chunk of content the Prime version is objectively inferior to the standard version.

Snipers should have 40% crit. This brings them to 100% with a max point strike mod. Since there is that lovely headshot critical multiplier for having the scans completed, the easiest way to make snipers reliable headshot machines is to buff their crit so they can compete with paris prime and dread.

This crit buff should go to both the Lanka and the Vectis.

Snipers should have 40% crit. This brings them to 100% with a max point strike mod. Since there is that lovely headshot critical multiplier for having the scans completed, the easiest way to make snipers reliable headshot machines is to buff their crit so they can compete with paris prime and dread.

This crit buff should go to both the Lanka and the Vectis.

There is no such bonus for scans afaik...  There is a mod that allow your Helios sentinel to create a glowing weakspot on already scanned targets...But these are not "headshots".

There is no such bonus for scans afaik...  There is a mod that allow your Helios sentinel to create a glowing weakspot on already scanned targets...But these are not "headshots".

Yea I guess it has nothing to do with scans, but headshot crits are still many times more effectives, making it perfect for snipers

Actually, the only way that the Vectis Prime can outdamage the standard Vectis when properly modded is with an anti-faction mod, being used only against that faction. In Void missions, for example, Vectis is always better than Vectis Prime. It's not a huge difference, and obviously neither one is good to begin with, but it's kind of a shame that for a huge chunk of content the Prime version is objectively inferior to the standard version.

Numbers?

Numbers?

Search the forums. 

Actually Vectis only outdamage Vectis Prime with both Primed Chamber and Charged Chamber, BUT the fact of the matter is that Plain Vectis ends up having a faster fire rate and as a consequece, its damage scales up faster than VP.  

Wthout Primed Chamber the difference can become really small, like only ~7% more DPS for VP, which is arguably too little for a Prime weapon.

And Power Creep always Power Creeps, so...

Edited by -TP-BrazilianJoe

Search the forums. 

Actually Vectis only outdamage Vectis Prime with both Primed Chamber and Charged Chamber, BUT the fact of the matter is that Plain Vectis ends up having a faster fire rate and as a consequece, its damage scales up faster than VP.  

Wthout Primed Chamber the difference can become really small, like only ~7% more DPS for VP, which is arguably too little for a Prime weapon.

And Power Creep always Power Creeps, so...

I'm not going to dig through hundreds of pages for one thread.

I have my own numbers, and depending on the mod setup, single bullet damage is anywhere from a 3% to an 11% increase, with varying utility.

Besides, the vectis's biggest flaw is that of all snipers: it can't deal with large numbers of trash mobs. That second bullet makes shred an incredible mod to help fix this problem. Not only do you get that second bullet out much faster, but also get a nice punch through. Sure, single target damage suffers a bit, but the VP one bangs most enemies anyway.

Here's my math:

Total damage = ((base + base * serration) + (elemental * (base + base * serration))) * charged chamber

Assume the build of serration, split chamber, point strike, vital sense, shred, infected clip, stormbringer on both guns.

VP will attempt to replace charged chamber with high voltage/malignant force or another 90% damage mod.

Because split chamber, point strike, and vital sense are common to both builds and are end damage multipliers, I have left them out of the equations.

Vectis void damage

Total damage = ((225 + 225 * 1.65) + ((.9 + .9) * (225 + 225 * 1.65))) * 1.4 = 2337.3

Vectis Prime void damage with high voltage/malignant force

Total damage = ((275 + 275 * 1.65) + ((.9 + .9 + .6) * (275 + 275 * 1.65))) = 2477.75

As we can see, when both rifles use the same damage type, the VP bangs out a slightly higher number.

I'd like to also mention that the VP's status chance is further augmented by the dual stat mod. While one might question why status chance is relevant when one banging enemies, I'd like to mention that corrosive procs are calculated before damage. That being said, even if the VP fires two crit bullets, damage numbers can range drastically from ~40k-~60k, depending on whether none, one, or both bullets shredded armor.

We can also replace the dual stat mod with a different 90% elemental mod. The raw damage will be higher, but this number is slightly skewed as corrosive is effective against heavy gunners/ancients, while fire/cold are not. However, this calculation is relevant when attempting to mod against the corpus, against which one might mod 3 90% mods (magnetic + poison).

Now show me what you have.

Edited by msterforks

the flaw in paper calculations is that the relaod can be manually triggered just after firing, increasing the Vectis RoF. Vectis Prime can't do it, having a second bullet in the magazine.

Speeding up the reload only happens with teh last bullet in the chamber. 

This makes Every increase in damage per-shot to be worth more for Vectis than Vectis Prime.

In math speak, you can say that the Vectis damage Function has a Higher Order than Vectis Prime damage function. 

Theoretically, if you could bank more the first-bullet damage with more mods, eventually Vectis surpasses Vectis Prime. And with teh right builds it already does. 

A practical man could dismiss the specific build where it happens since it involves using Primed Chamber, of which there are only ~140 in the game.

But even without it, Vectis Prime has diminishing returns and gets a measly ~7% advantage. 

Even if the Vectis Prime can still be considered to have the upper hand, the advantage is way too small for a prime to have. 

As for the crit chance increase: 

Buffing Vectis Prime damage to 350~400 would have a similar effect to  buffing the crit chance to 45~50%. They can roughly be considered euivalent buffs. 

So, increasing the damage to 350, removing the second bullet, and maybe increasing reload+fire rate by 10-20% would serve us equivalently well. 

And while we are at it, This buff could also justify a buff to the plain Vectis to deal ~250 damage.