Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Warframe - Chronos

BlackCoMerc

Chronos is the Keeper of Time, Tenno. Battles start and stop at his command.

Male Warframe (based on mythology). Stats:

Armor: 15

Shields: 75

Health: 100

Energy: 150

Sprint Speed: 1.15

Passive: 0.5 Energy Regen

Abilties:

Stop:

Chronos Suspends a single target outside of time. Target speed is reduced 100% for 19/15/20 seconds. While Stop is active, target can neither deal nor take damage, and cannot lose health or shields for any reason. If the target is friendly, Shields and Energy are refilled when Stopped. 

Affected by Duration (length of effect), Efficiency (power cost)

Deja Vu:

Chronos wipes away time in a cone before his path. Deja Vu emits a time wave in a cone before Chronus. Enemies impacted are moved backward 10/20/30m. (No stagger or push; they are just there, and then in the next second, back several meters). Health and Shields of enemies affected are restored to full, and enemies suffer from confusion for 4/6/8 secs.

Affected by: Duration (distance  enemies are moved, to simulate their moving further back in time), Efficiency (cost)

Warp Time:

Enemies and hostile projectiles and melee attacks within 20/30/40m of Chronos are slowed 25/50/75% for 10/15/20 seconds. Tenno within the same range have their movement, projectile and melee attack speeds increased 10/20/30% for the same duration as long as they remain within the range of Warp Time.

Affected by: Duration (length), Power Strength (amount of slow down, capped) and Range (radius of effect)

Rewind:

Chronos resets time as we know it. Enemies within 10/20/30m of Chronos despawn. Tenno and companions within this same range have their Health and Shields restored and status effects removed. All friendly firearms are reloaded with no loss to overall amount count. 

Before I ask for thoughts, yes, I do realize Time Warp shares some similarities with Prime. However, Prime does not slow projectiles. Warp Time does. With the increased speed to tenno at the same time, this sets up a team wide "bullet time" effect that can be used for healing/recovery/tactical maneuvers. Nor does Warp Time increase any damage dealt; this is purely tactical and offers nothing in the way of buffing damage or weapon effects. 

My aim here is to create a frame that is viable in the late game. This means a frame that can offer support tools for a team and whose abilities do not depend on Power Strength or dealing damage. One key thought here was, 'If only we could do something to give Tenno more time to react to threats.' I thought of Nova's Prime, and then of the way some Frames (Oberon in particular) feature names tied to myth or legend, or to related themes. This lead me in turn to Chronos, Keeper of Time. 

So...thoughts?

Stop probably shoulden't work on allies for the troll and rewind is way too OP needs to not straight up despawn enemies pretty much seems like blessing that kills stuff other stuff seems fair enough but maby reduce the duration on warp time to 15 at max since mods would be used too

Good points all. I think Rewind should still despawn enemies. Maybe not have it do the healing/restorative part, though. Might be a little overpowered indeed. 

Also, yeah...the abilities could be used to troll I guess. And to be fair probably would be by some. 

This is awesome i actually posted a time frame a while back i hope they take the time theme one day https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/441835-little-frame-concept-thats-been-on-my-mind-lately/#entry4904704

Promise I didnt see that first. I like your take on it as well. Especially making a copy of herself to reset to. That's a nice touch. 

I think a time themed Warframe will be a hard sell. But I would like to see one.

I would put it in the fan concept section instead^^

I like the idea...

But the first ability is goin to be hated and loved in the same time.
Not now, but late in the gameplay.(Limbo problem, too much troll potential) Imagine you or the enemy being stuck in time for like 20-30 sec(duration build) ^^
Dont be afraid of boosting the armor a bit. I know its not goin to change but, compared to other squishy frames(The recently buffed once) there is still some space left.

Edited by SteaKnight-X

Good points all. I think Rewind should still despawn enemies. Maybe not have it do the healing/restorative part, though. Might be a little overpowered indeed. 

Also, yeah...the abilities could be used to troll I guess. And to be fair probably would be by some. 

If you're determined to keep Rewind despawning enemies then it would need to be based on a set number and probably have a massive animation that can be interupted by down or stagger for the sake of balance being able to insta-kill lv 999999999 enemies shoulden't be as easy as press 4 and walk away

For Rewind: tone down the distance. 30 at max rank is HUGE.

Also maybe not despawn forever but just for a given amount of time

- Also I suggest it be something like when you press Rewind, it takes a snapshot of your current situation (allies and enemies) within a given range (maybe 10-15m)

When you press it again, time will reverse and you will return to whatever status you were when you first pressed it. Enemies that are inside the bubble suffer from time distortion and are stunned for the duration of the ability. Once the time ends, you will revert back to the status you were in when you pressed Rewind a 2nd time and enemies will no longer be stunned

-Have strength affect the number of enemies are impacted by your ult.

- Change that passive to maybe something called Double time which increases your shield regeneration speed

- Warp Time should be no more than 15-20m at max level because of its properties