Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Parkour 2.0 Is Coming,yay, But Hold On...[Moves 2.0]

unknow99

Hello tenno,

Mr Steve & Rub-huh-kah showed the new Parkour system with the bullet jumps, the wallruns wall hops & the John Woo effect. (Air glide, but I'll still call it like that. Or Matrix/Max Payne effect.)

Moreover we won't need stamina. Weeee.

Okay. that's nice, but are we forgetting something?...Yes : what the whole community expected was an entire Maneuvers overhaul...

Here are the stuff that enter into the general revamp of our moves :

1) Rolling :

MovementRolling.gif

I personally use this move A LOT because it allows me to go faster in Stealth playthroughs than crouch walking (we could have a way to move silently & fast aswell, but I don't have any good idea yet)

However most of us encounter this after a high jump,so they want it to be cancellable. (I think DE did say something about it)

Moreover, the only smooth way of rolling is the Mirage one. The others seems to have a little but strange pause at the end,before you take control of your character again.

There's not much utility to it (apart from the damage mitigation)... Can't we have something like a special attack if the melee button is pressed during a barrel roll? (we got the spin attack for sliding already!)

Can't we have a little boost after the roll? Et caetera...

2) Sliding

MovementSliding.gif

Yes, there's something lacking here too... I invite you to try it : go in a mission, see an enemy like a lancer or a crewman, sprint and slide.

What's happening when you collide? Nothing. :/

Whatever your speed, the enemy stops you like a big wall. Yet when we jump kick them, whatever the speed, they get knocked down.

Hey why can't I tackle the guy and neutralize him for a little amount of time?! It works in Football/Soccer matches!! :(

Gabby_Tackled_for_Pen_2.gif

(No, I'm not asking for Pro Evolution Warframe either,but a little bit of logical collision detection and CC for everyone.)

Same remark if you roll straight to the feet of someone : the victim will fall!Now imagine yourself wearing a Rhino suit if you don't believe me...)

3) Side dodging

MovementSideDodge2.gif

Useful to avoid slow attacks, but seriously : who uses that on a regular basis?...

- Can't shoot while doing it, your character is "locked" while doing it.

- Pause before you start side dodging, pause after you side dodged = that doesn't feel smooth,sorry mr Geoff...

(just look at the gif! :/ )

4) Handspring

MovementBackwardDodge.gif

- Same problem with side-dodging, the transitions don't feel smooth...It's okay if a butcher wants you dead, but apart from that it's not effective. Why can't we already start shooting or meleeing in the second part of the handspring?

5) Edge grab

MovementLedgeGrab.gif

What if I want to stay on the edge (without automatically going up) and move alongside it?(mainly for Stealth purpose)

(I also made a thread about this : https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/355484-moves-20-ledge-mechanics/)

6) Vaulting

Well, that one really needs to get updated to make it more fluid. Aure7 and his Parkour 2.0 thread will tell it way better than me...

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/119650-parkour-has-been-ignored-for-too-long-and-the-current-directional-melee-is-killing-it-even-further/

7) Rope sliding/swinging

- Could be used more often in the environment

- Right now it works in one way only.... Why can't I climb the rope in the other direction? (got a drawing of this aswell in the other topic)

8) Walking

- I don't have a controller and I use my keyboard. Why can't I walk? Simply walk?...

Here's what I have in mind at the moment, feel free to add the opportunities Parkour 2.0 we've seen so far may have missed...

--------------------

Thank you for reading.

Some of my other threads :

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/450692-apex-the-warframe-of-prey/

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/394960-stealth-20-quality-of-life/

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/340736-warframes-vibe-is-it-really-vanishingmegathread-attempt/

Edited by unknow99

I'd honestly prefer if the directional movements were replaced with fast sidejumps and dodges that cover a bit more ground. I don't have any videos or images that can really illustrate what I'm getting at, though.

Now that I think about it, the Thruster Pack from Halo 4 is kinda what I'm trying to describe, except physical dodges and sidesteps rather than a thruster, and more fluid in movement.

To compare, the dodging system now feels like a Dark Souls fat roll, whereas a sidestep/backstep/forward dodge would feel like a Dark Souls light roll.

Edited by PsychedelicSnake

Thank you for creating this thread!

Those are one of my biggest concerns about parkour 2.0.

You're welcome!

If DE adds wall flingin, wallrun 2.0, bullet jumps & removal of coptering that's great!!

But if they forget about the basic moves... We'll still complain about it & say that it's half-polished...

I'd honestly prefer if the directional movements were replaced with fast sidejumps and dodges that cover a bit more ground. I don't have any videos or images that can really illustrate what I'm getting at, though.

Like the Ninja Gaiden moves? Yeah sure!

Something that looks more athletic & ninja than what we have would always be better...

Like the Ninja Gaiden moves? Yeah sure!

Something that looks more athletic & ninja than what we have would always be better...

Now that I think about it, the Thruster Pack from Halo 4 is kinda what I'm trying to describe, except physical dodges and sidesteps rather than a thruster, and more fluid in movement.

Now that I think about it, the Thruster Pack from Halo 4 is kinda what I'm trying to describe, except physical dodges and sidesteps rather than a thruster, and more fluid in movement.

Oooh I see... Looks dynamic!

Now that I think about it, the Thruster Pack from Halo 4 is kinda what I'm trying to describe, except physical dodges and sidesteps rather than a thruster, and more fluid in movement.

I could suggest even going as far as doing cartwheels for some frames.

In my opinion, the roll and the sidedodge and handspring should just be fused into one, I just don't see the point of having those animations and that type of dodging exclusive to when you're aiming, it'd make far more sense if it was just general.

Edited by RahuStalker

For me, I'd like the rolling to be quicker and more responsive. And since we already have rolling when not aiming, how about we get some quick side steps while aiming? The player character hunches down abit and takes a step to the left or right that's quick and shrugs off enemy aim. It should cover a slightly shorter distance compared to rolling. The backflip could be kept, but make the animation as fast as the sidesteps.

And yeah. I too agree that the ledge grabbing is a pain sometimes. I want to go into a tiny opening in the ground, but my character keeps grabbing the ledge and I have to take baby steps to finally get down there. I'd rather have the character grab the ledge, and hang there. And from there, we have either the option to fall down by pressing crouch, climb up by pressing jump, or just hang there and aim to shoot some guys. I think this would make it much easier.

Edited by Knightmare047

I could suggest even going as far as doing cartwheels for some frames.

In my opinion, the roll and the sidedodge and handspring should just be fused into one, I just don't see the point of having those animations and that type of dodging exclusive to when you're aming, it'd make far more sense if it was just general.

Yeah, I understand that. The dodge mechanic, regardless of what kind it is, should work no matter the mode you are in.

My main issue with the current barrel roll is the fact that it does not overwrite/cancel melee combos.

Once you've initiated an attack animation you're stuck in it and have no chance to move out of harm's way.

Also,it tends to make you roll into the wrong direction.

Edited by iSmallfry

My main issue with the current barrel roll is the fact that it does not overwrite/cancel melee combos.

Once you've initiated an attack animation you're stuck in it and have no chance to move out of harm's way.

Also,it tends to make you roll into the wrong direction.

Yup,the animations "lock" us too much.

I also want to cancel some part of combos : not all hits are "necessary"...

Yup,the animations "lock" us too much.

I also want to cancel some part of combos : not all hits are "necessary"...

Being able to cancel any sort of movement, be it melee or navigation, would be a huge help. I can't tell you how many times I've died because I ended up tapping my melee key one time over what I needed.

Didn't even know most of these movements exsist. I agree though sliding and ledge grabs need to be thought out better.

Rolls and flips just need to be faster. Use em' all the time in some other games to the point of being able to run glass cannons as efficiently as tanky characters.

In Mass Effect 3 MP doge/roll are so fast and fluid you can dodge rockets. The cover system sucks in that game though and develops similar issues to the ledge grab in this game.

Edited by Sapphic-Sandra

We need

kind of MLG OP GG backflips.

Or something more fluid like

, maybe a little faster.

Yeah, right now if you do multiple backflips ingame it's just backflip-awkward pause-backflip-awkward pause-backflip-awkward pause-backfl....

I completely agree that these need overhauls. But unfortunately, this makes SENSE, so DE wont lift a finger to do anything to change it. We will be stuck with this system until Warframe goes under, because DE sucks at taking in good user input.

Hahaha it's only when they got a massive amount of requests in a short period of time that things get done fast... :/

I remember when the Nikana came out though : a guy made a thread asking for the nikana position to be inverted and they did it right away!

You can hardly expect this kind of fast reaction nowadays...(sorry DE, but that's true)

Didn't even know most of these movements exsist. I agree though sliding and ledge grabs need to be thought out better.

Rolls and flips just need to be faster. Use em' all the time in some other games to the point of being able to run glass cannons as efficiently as tanky characters.

In Mass Effect 3 MP doge/roll are so fast and fluid you can dodge rockets. The cover system sucks in that game though and develops similar issues to the ledge grab in this game.

Exactly! If everything can be manageable if you're skilled enough to dodge it, will you complain about "xx iz too fragile, plz fix" ? No. BAM.

Neat post lol. I also read Aure7's entire and comprehensive post~

Man, I will say this much, from 2013 up until now, we've definitely have been coming a long way lol. Something I always appreciated, no matter how big or small the changes are.

We've fought for 2 years, and now we'll get it...Finally. (let's hope the same for stealth)

I'm ready to try it as soon as the U17 launches and post my feedback to get them to fix it fast!