Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Animal Instinct Causes Phantom Enemy Markers On Minimap

Renzey

Annoying bug that's pretty persistent. I'm using the new mod "Animal Instinct" on my sentinel. In ANY mission, I'll be looking at my minimap to see nearby baddies, and an extra red marker will "float" out from where an actual enemy's marker was. By float, I mean it won't move from it's position on the minimap, whereas a normal enemy marker will move as the map is centered on you. The red diamond will also rotate with the map.

This bug persists briefly until the map "updates" itself.

Screenshots were taken after moving just a bit. The marker on the left "floated out" from the one to the right:

pLMnCTc.png

HSw3QsE.png

Edited by Renzey

• 3 weeks later...

Edited to make the title more clear and to put images under spoiler tags as they are quite large.

Also have more pictures, taken today!

Phantom marker is just north of my player arrow. The real baddie is right behind me out of frame.

co1doEN.png

Same situation, rotated camera to show how the phantom marker behaves despite the location of the enemy it came from.

9ayMhk7.png

Edited by Renzey

• 1 month later...

+, noticed similar.

Then again, with the questionable usefulness of the minimap as a whole and how markers jump around all the time when you move on ledges, I can't really be bothered too much by this. Currently the minimap is good for general direction and loot markers, that's pretty much it.

When they fix this it would be nice to color-code markers that are below or above your current position, instead of using the tiny weeny little arrows up and down. Like purple for below, and green for above. And it would be nice if the extraction and objective markers would follow the same behaviour and be a bit more static on the map, always pointing to the next room instead of the next transition of height. I really hate playing on the minimap instead of the game screen, but the wonky markers kinda force me to keep looking.

Edited by V4YR4

• 1 month later...