Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Do People Still Think The Daikyu Is Good?

Ryusuta

The only reason the Paris P and Dread are so great is BECAUSE of their massive damage output with crits. No other bow will ever be viable unless it shares the same/similar critical stats, because if you're going to charge each individual shot you want damage. I cant believe people actually argue for using it for status lol. Just take a grakata and you'll get 4 procs in less than 2 seconds. Or use the Daikyu and get one proc every 2 seconds. Your choice. Agree with OP. 

Bump the crit up to make it just able to hit 100% with Point Strike, and swap primary damage to slash; boom, now will consistently crit, and most procs will either be elemental (yay!) or slash crit procs (double yay)!

Seriously, I run crit/viral/slash on my Dread and it wrecks armored level 90+; the Daiyku should be more of a heavy killer than, well, anything.

I use Vile Aceleration and Speed Trigger and it is still too slow..

The only usefull elemental for this weapon would me Viral, wich require a 4 CP team to achieve max efficiency, but in that case any slash/impact weapon woulf be better cause there is no armor anymore to explain all that puncture damage.

In case of Radiation it is bad because the slow ROF and high chance of get a puncture proc kills the ideaia of make a group of enemies kill each other, and have a good chance to kill the target with the proc.

Braton Prime, Burston Prime, Ignis, Hek, Strun Wraith, Vectis, Lanka and Grinlok complete out class the status mechanic of Daikyu. Even Paris Prime achieve 75% status chance and 112% crit chance and 5.6 crit damage. With a so faster Rof than Daikyu that let you proc much more.

I love the looks and the sound of this weapon, I really wish this weapon to be awesome, but I don't use it on endless missions beyond Tower 2 Survival

The weakness of the dailyu isn't offset enough by its advantages. If it were a crit bow with that damage and that draw mechanic, it would be worthwhile. Higher damage, harder to use--that's the bow philosophy to begin with; it would make the daikyu a bow's bow. As a status bow, it's simply worse than other bows, and that's compounded by its draw mechanic.

Step 1: Buff damage to 400.

Step 2: Change how IPS procs work, make the mutually exclusive to elemental procs. In other words, make it so you have a 45% chance to proc Impact, a 45% chance to proc Puncture, a 45% chance to proc Slash, and then your 45% chance to proc your elemental. Yeah, that is a rework of status in general, but IPS procs suck in comparison to elemental procs, they need to either be buffed or (preferably) get out of the way of the elementals. Oh, and make elemental procs scale with total damage rather than base damage (it would make sense for a fire proc's damage to scale with the fire elemental mods).

With that Daikyu would get a bit better DPS, but get a huge buff in regards to its status. (Think about it, once you get the 100% status chance you have a 100% to get a slash proc every shot in addition to Impact, Puncture, and whatever elementals you have... keep thinking.. yeah, now you are seeing it).

Edit: Just want to add that I am against making it another crit bow. Yeah, I am one of those people that wants it to stay different, but I also want to give it a damage buff. If DE refuses to rework status, then I think 500 damage is the minimum (same damage as Opticor).

Edited by DrBorris

It needs something special, to distance it further from other bows.

Give it some sort of punch-through on top of the characteric ragdoll, because it is kind of saddening to waste a shot just because your teammate or dog jumped in front of you as you fired, especially considering how long it takes to prep.

Have it force a knockdown on every enemy it hits. This is a bow that has such a powerful draw force that the Tenno can't even hold onto a shot for longer than 5 seconds, anything that the arrow hits should feel it.

Finally, give it increasing damage and status the further the arrow travels, up to a cap. This works through the punch through as well, so you basically have a very strong line nuke in the right situations.

And nothing is as pathetic as the Panthera, at least I don't feel ashamed using the Daikyu.

Edited by Draciusen

Gas + Electric is not going to work well.

Gas: Pathetic damage and small range. Cannot be triggered when you hit the ground unlike Thunderbolt.

Electric: CC is nice, but the chance to get electric proc is diluted by IPS damage.

Also, both damage type suffer damage reduction from many things.

Daikyu's major issue IMO:

A: Many status effects either don't scale well or aren't useful on Daikyu. And the chance to get element status is diluted by IPS damage.

B: You want heavy puncture damage weapon? Go get Opticor. You want status weapon? Go get Amprex, Grakata, etc.

Daikyu's current state highlights that status system seriously needs some tweaking.

Edited by yles9056

Ran a bunch of weapons against lvl 95 Corrupted Heavy Gunner Eximus

I would say Daikyu is similar to Paris Prime given amount of Arrows to kill jeavy was similar. Dread just blows them away because Slash plus red crits...just bleeds the enemy.

-I still think Daikyu should have been 350 Slash only with same status....would have been a beast status bow

Paris Prime vs lvl95 HG Eximus

Daikyu vs lvl 95 HG Arson Eximus

Dread vs lvl 95 HG Eximus

Corrosive Opticor

Slash plus Corrosive Miter

(*I'll find/upload Crit Speed Puncture Opticor and Viral Slash Miter....I believe the amount of time to kill was about equivalent to Corrosive builds)

Edited by (PS4)MrNishi

I would say Daikyu is similar to Paris Prime given amount of Arrows to kill jeavy was similar. Dread just blows them away because Slash plus red crits...just bleeds the enemy.

-I still think Daikyu should have been 350 Slash only with same status....would have been a beast status bow

Corrosive Opticor

(*I'll find/upload Crit Speed Puncture Opticor and Viral Slash Miter....I believe the amount of time to kill was about equivalent to Corrosive builds)

Good research. I noticed that a couple of well-placed crits at about 21 seconds in closed the gap in time between the Daikyu and Paris, though the Daikyu still finished last of the bows by about 2 seconds (give or take, it was hard to time it out perfectly). The timing to the Opticor was closer, but it should be noted that one of the Opticor shots missed (offset by the fact that the Opticore started attacking earlier in the video), so it's a little harder to get an exact timing on. I'd say they were pretty close to even, but it's extremely hard to tell. I definitely admit that the Daikyu was closer to the Opticor than I thought it would be.

I found the Miter thing particularly interesting, mostly because I'd never really given the weapon the time of day. I think if nothing else, it's exciting to give that a look. It looks like a surprisingly awesome weapon.

Thanks for the amazing research!

Good research. I noticed that a couple of well-placed crits at about 21 seconds in closed the gap in time between the Daikyu and Paris, though the Daikyu still finished last of the bows by about 2 seconds (give or take, it was hard to time it out perfectly). The timing to the Opticor was closer, but it should be noted that one of the Opticor shots missed (offset by the fact that the Opticore started attacking earlier in the video), so it's a little harder to get an exact timing on. I'd say they were pretty close to even, but it's extremely hard to tell. I definitely admit that the Daikyu was closer to the Opticor than I thought it would be.

I found the Miter thing particularly interesting, mostly because I'd never really given the weapon the time of day. I think if nothing else, it's exciting to give that a look. It looks like a surprisingly awesome weapon.

Thanks for the amazing research!

Yeah I suck at shooting...

(Also I can provide pics for the weapon builds used....Only weapon that had zero Forma was the dread...it only has a potato....accidently sold my 3-forma dread...so rushed another dread for test)

But yeah if Daikyu was Slash with same current stats it would be near Dread level as you could forego Corrosive and just run Viral+Slash to bleed almost anything.

Yeah I suck at shooting...

(Also I can provide pics for the weapon builds used....Only weapon that had zero Forma was the dread...it only has a potato....accidently sold my 3-forma dread...so rushed another dread for test)

But yeah if Daikyu was Slash with same current stats it would be near Dread level as you could forego Corrosive and just run Viral+Slash to bleed almost anything.

Don't be so hard on yourself. You did amazingly. This was incredibly great research!

the fact that the Dread wasn't forma'd is just further testament to how insanely powerful it is, heh.

I like it. Its fun.

Could use some tweaks but there its not exactly bad.

Gimmie that over a boltor prime or soma prime anyday.

Unless maybe a crowd of 30 corrupted gunners are knocking on my door.

Actually, just ad CC and its all good.

Yep, still really like my daikyu.

Edited by StinkyPygmy

Don't be so hard on yourself. You did amazingly. This was incredibly great research!

the fact that the Dread wasn't forma'd is just further testament to how insanely powerful it is, heh.

To refrain from derailing..I included bow builds used lumped together with other weapon tests performed.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/496367-comparing-some-unliked-weapons-timeammo-to-kill-high-armored-targets/?view=findpost&p=5551733

Make it 100% slash damage, and I would use it.

Yes this is is what would make the Daikyu a true end-game status bow

Not having actually used the Daikyu but the others, what I say will be heavily biased. For how big it is and it's draw time, it shouldn't be classified as a "status weapon". That should go to a different bow, maybe even a new one. The Daikyu is a long bow and with it's draw time should be more than just a little stronger than the paris prime or dread in base damage. Like everyone else is saying, the missing crit chance and it's long draw time immediately turned me away when I first thought about building it. Maybe the build should be bumped up to a 2 forma cost for the increased damage but it's damage should be increased. Whether it's base dmg or increased crit chance.

If it should be a status weapon, give it a higher base status chance and a faster draw speed.

Corrosive Opticor

The fun part is I saw your videos today and i was going to link it here, well you was faster!!!

Just incredible the performance of Mutalist Quanta and Paracyst, I expectated a better time for Brat Prime.

Would love to see a Hek and Flux Rifle video.

And dat obex crits!!!

The fun part is I saw your videos today and i was going to link it here, well you was faster!!!

Just incredible the performance of Mutalist Quanta and Paracyst, I expectated a better time for Brat Prime.

Would love to see a Hek and Flux Rifle video.

And dat obex crits!!!

Braton would've performed better had it not had Blast. Blast diluted the corr procs so it didn't shred the armor like it should've. It's performance should be closer to Parasyst's with a proper armor shredding build.

I'd rather weapons be at Daikyu's power level than Dread/PPrime's.

Paris Prime really only beat Daikyu because of draw speed.....I think they are closer to being alternatives of status or crit

Dread is just on another level....unless enemy is immune to Bleed procs

Braton would've performed better had it not had Blast. Blast diluted the corr procs so it didn't shred the armor like it should've. It's performance should be closer to Parasyst's with a proper armor shredding build.

Removed Blast from Braton Prime build stacked Corrosive

11807244_10205164836220523_8774590516759

Never stripped armor but did kill quickly

Edited by (PS4)MrNishi

Removed Blast from Braton Prime build stacked Corrosive

11807244_10205164836220523_8774590516759

Never stripped armor but did kill quickly

I don't understand why you are using Fanged Fusillade. The damage per shot is too low to make bleed damage matter but ok. That's your preference I guess. 

17 secs on a lvl95 eximus gunner is still good. I have no idea why your build isnt stripping armor though.

My Braton P build: 4 forma

Heavy Caliber r7

Serration maxed

Split Chamber

Shred

Infected Clip

Malignant Force

High Voltage

Rifle ammo Mutation r3 (for endless). This could be changed for another dual stat event mod.

Back on topic though. Paris P only beat Daikyu by 3 secs if I counted correctly and that's on a build with only vile accel. Ive seen most people use vile accel as well as speed trigger. Also Daikyu beat Opticor in the test as well (iirc) even though Opticor has a much higher base damage simply because of that "useless" status chance.

Making a status "viable" (L M A O) bow with IPS damage model and lowest fire rate in the game was a complete fail.

Whenever I see a forum tough guy trying to enlighten people that "everybody is using it wrong it is status based weapon" I just wonder: did they magicaly mastered the secret of procing element they desire? Because when I do that on my 4-forma Daikyu, it procs useless puncture or impact all the time, despite gas having like x3-x4 more damage , than psysical damage mods.

As I said multiple times, Daikuy is a total garbage and should be used for fun only. Don't bother formaing it and trying to bring it to high levels. It is just not worth it.