Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De Will You Buff Older Weapons?

(PSN)Treezzy1

*rubs hands together* the responses to my list are going to be fun to watch. people that have no idea what they're doing telling me i'm wrong, oh,it's going to be great.

so in your situation:

Primaries:

Boltor Prime

Soma Series

Braton Prime

Burston Prime

Prisma Grakata

Karak Wraith

Latron Prime

Latron Wraith

Opticor

Sybaris

Tiberon

Amprex

Quanta Series

Synapse

Boar Prime

Drakgoon

Hek

Kohm

Phage

Strun Wraith

Tigris

Lanka

Snipetron Vandal

Vectis Series

Vulkar (maybe...)

Attica

Dread

Paris Prime

Cernos (not to the same degree)

Penta

Tonkor

Torid

Secondares:

Acrid

Angstrum

Rakta Ballist... wait, nevermind

Bolto

Furis

Lex Prime

Magnus

Marelok Series

Stug

Vasto Prime

Atomos

Embolist (if you use Ammo Pizzas)

Gammacor Series

Nukor

Spectra (might need a few Ammo Pizzas)

Brakk

Bronco Prime

Detron Series

Kohmak

Pyrana

AkBolto Series

AkVasto (maybe...)

Dual Cestra Series

Twin Gremlins

Castanas Series

Despair

Hikou Prime

Melee:

Dakra Prime

Mire (though i'd only use it for Exalted Blade in the current state)

Prisma Skana

Dark Dagger

Karyst

Sheev

Fang Prime

Orthos Series

Serro

Tonbo

Glaive/Prime

Halikar

Kestrel

Galatine

Scindo Prime

Katana Series

Anku

Dex Dakra

Dual Cleavers Series

Dual Ichor

Dual Raza

Dual Zoren

Nami Skyla (very likely.... but i wouldn't use them, too slow and no Crits)

Kogake

Obex

Bo Prime

Tipedo

Atterax

Scoliac

Lecta (maybe...)

Jat Kittag

Ripkas

Venka

Redeemer

(doesn't include Tonfas solely due to their Attack Range being terribad. Ripkas and Venka is a 'probably')

many Weapons qualify as viable. very few qualify as unnecessarily powerful that let Players not learn how to play Warframe and let their Equipment compensate for them.

The karyst? The SHEEV? The VULKAR?? Dark dagger? The drakgoon? The fact that you even have these here either means that:

1. They have 9999999 forma on them in which case i could put the mk-1 braton on this list.

2. You arent using the bar given, we're talking weapons that perform well, not that kill them after two and a half clips and a handful of lucky crits.

The karyst? The SHEEV? The VULKAR?? Dark dagger? The drakgoon? The fact that you even have these here either means that:

1. They have 9999999 forma on them in which case i could put the mk-1 braton on this list.

2. You arent using the bar given, we're talking weapons that perform well, not that kill them after two and a half clips and a handful of lucky crits.

Drakgoon does similar Damage to Hek with the Syndicate Mod. it's not that far off. and Hek was considered a good Weapon even before that Augment.

i said Vulkar was a maybe.

Dark Dagger does okay. the Viral Explosions and Radiation Damage make it acceptable.

i wouldn't use it, but it would be able to Kill things.

Karyst is Toxin based, making for very high Elemental Damage. like Dark Dagger, will perform acceptably.

i still wouldn't use it, but it would be able to Kill things.

Sheev is heavily Slash Weighted, with much Status. makes applying Viral very likely. plus DoT.

if no Forma is allowed, then you're making an extremely biased comparison in the first place.

oh, i'm using the bar given. i'm considering in or past reward cycle 2 in Survival III/IV. with Corrosive Projections because you just have them. you just do. if you don't, no Weapon is viable without tons of Multipliers anyways.

you're going to be CC'ing them, and Multiplying Damage of everything. plus no Armor? many Weapons are viable.

Meta does not mean popular. Meta (to me anyay) means a weapon thats has been widely agreed to as good. Not many people use kronen but we can all agree its a very decent melee. Thats wat a meta means to me..idk about you all

braton p

hek

phage

boar p

karak

These are all meta weapons to me even tho not alot of ppl use them.

look at the heat swords or the sword and sheild one, gremlins. All amazing weapons with amazing mechnics but i dare u you to take these up against and lvl 30+ enemy. They just dont do enough damage.

or the kogake?

alot of weapons are just for mastery points but it should not be so. Even if not end game worthy all weapons properly moded should take u mid game without problems. Thats the level i feel they should be

What do you mean their awful? a lot of weapons with 4 forma and the right mods make a lot of weapons decent. Only a few weapons are bad even with forma like Supra which is already getting a buff.

ive been playing warframe for more than 3 years, and there's pretty much 75% of the weapons are pure crap, no matter how many formas you put on them, they will keep sucking anyway, the reason to pick these useless weapons, is to keep leveling the mastery rank, period.

ive been playing warframe for more than 3 years, and there's pretty much 75% of the weapons are pure crap, no matter how many formas you put on them, they will keep sucking anyway, the reason to pick these useless weapons, is to keep leveling the mastery rank, period.

I'd bring that percentage to about 40-50%, but yeah.

I still don't understand why you guys all cry for buffs most of the time. Why do you want all the weapons and frames BUFFED? Instead of BUFFING all the things and making it more and more overpowered DE should start DEbuffing (see what I did there..?) the OP stuff to scale with the older equipment. Where the hell is the point in having such powerfull guns when every single mission turns into a boring trial like waste of time? I don't know what you expect from a game to be fun but I personally am not interested in having to idle 40 minutes in a mission before finally having to do something and finally face enemies that are not only fleshy crates for crap loot dying from one hit, especially when those extra long runs for extra hard enemies don't even reward me with extra rare loot. See? There's no point in going beyond minute or wave 20 but you have to do so if you want to experience warframe as the game it used to be, not a clay pigeon shooting thing.

Edited by Mippy

I still don't understand why you guys all cry for buffs most of the time. Why do you want all the weapons and frames BUFFED? Instead of BUFFING all the things and making it more and more overpowered DE should start DEbuffing (see what I did there..?) the OP stuff to scale with the older equipment. Where the hell is the point in having such powerfull guns when every single mission turns into a boring trial like waste of time? I don't know what you expect from a game to be fun but I personally am not interested in having to idle 40 minutes in a mission before finally having to do something and finally face enemies that are not only fleshy crates for crap loot dying from one hit.

nobody said make them op, we just want them doing enough to catry through mid game. warframe has weapon diversity. But the diversity is wasted cos 50% of these weapons are utter crap

nobody said make them op, we just want them doing enough to catry through mid game. warframe has weapon diversity. But the diversity is wasted cos 50% of these weapons are utter crap

I don't think you understand what I'm trying to tell. It's not that 50% of the weapons are utter crap, it's wasted because 50% of weapons are hilariously overpowered.

I don't think you understand what I'm trying to tell. It's not that 50% of the weapons are utter crap, it's wasted because 50% of weapons are hilariously overpowered.

over powered? 50%? Lets just say primaries

boltor braton soma phage quanta tonkor boar hek

Which other weapons are "overpowered" and if you think those are overpowered i wonder if you have ever met a lvl 50 enemy

I just want to be able to bring an Ignis into a mission and not be slowing down at wave 20. My main weapon is the Burston Prime and I'm getting my Synapse forma'd right now. Also, your solution would require enemy scaling to be modified as well as the weapons. 

Dudes chill, the game needs weak and easily obtainable weapons for the newbies. Everything can't be OP, i mean nowadays it seems everything needs a buff. You guys are like a bunch of spoiled kids that think the whole game needs to be balanced -__-

Edit:

Please don't bother telling me about weapons that are hard to craft and still weak.

Edited by ShawnV2

Edit:

Please don't bother telling me about weapons that are hard to craft and still weak.

lol lets definately not go there

Anyways its not that everything needs to b balanced to me. I just feel there should b no useless weapon in the game. Weapon diversity is pointless if half of them arent viable. I dont think anyone who plays warframe over 1 month fights anything less than level 20 which some of the weapons have a hard time killing without a few formas. And then after you spend a bunch of formas they still cant kill lvl 30 mobs fast enough.

Edited by (PS4)Treezzy1

Dudes chill, the game needs weak and easily obtainable weapons for the newbies. Everything can't be OP, i mean nowadays it seems everything needs a buff. You guys are like a bunch of spoiled kids that think the whole game needs to be balanced -__-

Edit:

Edit: please don't bother telling me about the obvious flaw in my argument.

over powered? 50%? Lets just say primaries

boltor braton soma phage quanta tonkor boar hek

Which other weapons are "overpowered" and if you think those are overpowered i wonder if you have ever met a lvl 50 enemy

Kohm is 2x more OP than any of them. Also Latron P, Amprex, Attica, Sybaris can kill a lvl 95 Heavy gunner just as fast as any of the weapons you mentioned.

Edited by -BM-StormVanguard

I've begun to realize something.

It seems as if people are ASSUMING that Corrosive Projection is being worn as an aura, which in itself is meta. Try it without them, then see how viable everything is.

There are a lot of weapons that are viable, however there are a lot of weapons that aren't even viable on saturn, with forma.

If they want to do weapon balance right, then they need to introduce some deterministic tier system to make balancing for hundreds of weapons less of a nightmare.  ATM tiers for weapons are all over the place, with respect to progress and tedium to obtain them.  The most obvious fix is to adjust MR requirements, because player power scaling with player level is a basic, fully functional principle of many MMOs. 

Edited by Sonitorum

Braton P

Hek

Phage

Strun Wraith

Latron Wraith

Grinlok

Latron Prime

Kohm

Opticor

Quanta Vandal

Sybaris

Burston Prime

Prisma Grakata

Just a few primaries that aren't Soma P or Boltor P.

All of these weapons are good (idk about prisma grakata) but look at other weapons.Dual vipers for example they burn ammo faster than you counting numbers.Dera and Dera vandal have terrible damage even with Forma on it.

What do you mean their awful? a lot of weapons with 4 forma and the right mods make a lot of weapons decent. Only a few weapons are bad even with forma like Supra which is already getting a buff.

PLEASE don't use the "With forma they are decent" argument. With forma and a potato ANY weapon is decent, hell I could make the plasma sword look decent that way. Weapons are supposed to be very good with 4 forma and a potato, not "Decent"

indeed!

people have been saying Acrid is useless and awful since Damage 2.0.

which, it is not.

i can use it pretty much as the only Weapon i use in Survival IV until we get bored and leave. the only problem that starts to come up towards the end, is that it starts to become Ammunition inefficient.

but per shot Damage is adequate, Status Chance is quite good since it's an Elemental Weapon (and Viral doesn't Stack so), plus lots of Toxin DoT, which adds some extra Damage. and some very good Damage at that.

Corrupted is considered the 'primary' Faction that you fight, which is perfect. Toxin bonus against Crewman is nominal, but still a thing. the Toxin laughs at the Fusion MOA's and Shield Drones. if for some reason you aren't stripping their Armor (which then most of the Weapons in the game aren't very viable in the first place), Toxin does have a bonus to Ferrite Armor.

even if each Tick isn't very impressive (which they aren't), there's a ton of them. you can fairly easily get your per shot Damage in DoT.

yes people, it's a Backloaded Damage Weapon. it always has been, that's what it was designed to be. y'all just abused it Ignoring all Armor and calling it not Overpowered as hell. and now that it's a reasonable Weapon rather than extremely Overpowered it's useless.

repeat this sort of thing for quite a few other Weapons which are publically considered to be useless. some of them actually are, but more of them are just not W+M1 and therefore are 'awful'.

With you mentioning Acrid (One of my favourite weapons), I felt I needed to chime in. Yes all of the things you mentioned is true, but AkMagnus or AkVasto can do the same if modded properly.

Keeping in mind these are MR0 Weapons I feel that Acrid should be buffed a bit more, for example: If they want to be stingy with the buffs they can just make the Innate toxic DoTs do more damage, OR They can make the DoTs inheret a portion of the bonus elemental damage, but it does perhaps only 10/15% now. So lower damage in the start, but quite a bit more when modded out. I say this because for the DoTs to be relevant later on you need to pump a guy full of darts before the DoTs start doing any meaningful damage.

TL;DR: I want Acrid to be buffed to feel like a MR7 weapon.

Edited by ReptileZN