Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vectis Prime With The Upcoming Corrputed Mod

--Q--german_TanKKilleR

So in the latest devstream it has been confirmed that there will be a corrupted mod that decreases magazine capacity in favor of faster reload speed.

It has also been said that this mod will "double-buff" the vectis prime as it will reduce the mag to 1 round/mag and give it a faster reload.

While this mod will definitely buff the vectis prime, i doubt it is the right way to go if vectis prime is meant to be better than the vectis. Because as of right now the normal version of the vectis can achieve more sustained dmg than its primed counterpart.

this new mod will help with that but you still lose raw dps for utility as you need one modslot for the new mod on vectis prime. (sure you get the benefit of faster reload but that is not enough)

In my opinion a better way to fix this issue would be to change the magazine of vectis prime to 1 bullet and maybe change some other stats instead like status chance or reload speed or whatever.

(now with the introduction of utility slots for warframes this could also be transfered to weapons and help with that problem but thats another topic)

i will gladly take this Corrupted Mod because myself (and some other Battlefield and more serious Shooter Veterans) have been wishing for for quite some time.

not for Vectis, but for many Weapons in general which have Magazines that are too large for their own good, but also have a moderately long - long Reload Time.

if people want to think the Mod is purpose built for Vectis Prime... they should remember that there's a couple hundred other Guns too.

- - - - -

it's still odd for a 'Bolt Action Rifle' to have a Magazine larger than one, allowing more than one shot per Reload, however, i will be using Vectis Prime as an N7 Valiant, rather than an M98 Widow. :)

and i'll be very content therefore.

It's also silly it's to make a mod to fix a weapon, by making it lose a mod slot.

all Charge Weapons are like that already. the Charge is slow, making you want to use RoF Mods. this eats up your Mod Slots.

strategically allows the Developer to effectively reduce the Mod Slots available, without having to actually reduce them. leaves the Player feeling like they made a smart decision, when they were really being manipulated (not that i'm not saying that in a negative way, it's an interesting way to handle Game Design. you control the Player, but make them feel like they're not being controlled).

If this mod gives some crazy reload speed like 40% or higher I'll definitely add it but otherwise I'll be sacrificing so much damage that the vectis would be the better way to go, and even though it still doesn't feel that fulfilling I'm getting used to the two-clip.

I'm afraid about how much this will cost in trading when it is first released, also interested to see if bows/ogris will be seeing a comeback

It's also silly it's to make a mod to fix a weapon, by making it lose a mod slot.

Seriously... there were also a number of you people on the Vectis Prime thing, and a lot of you people also requested a dual stat that was exactly this, +reload -magazine, and now here, you guys complain about losing a mod slot? Is it never enough for you all people? Its getting tiring you know.

it's still odd for a 'Bolt Action Rifle' to have a Magazine larger than one, allowing more than one shot per Reload, however, i will be using Vectis Prime as an N7 Valiant, rather than an M98 Widow. :)

There are many actual guns with more than 1 round magazines.  In fact, the average depending on the caliber, is 3-4 per magazine.  You're mistaking 1 round per shot vs magazine capacity.

Besides that, the upgraded version of the M98 in ME3 has 3 total rounds available instead of 1.

Edited by LeighWong

I would still prefer the clip size change in the vectis prime without the mod...

That can't happen because there are people who like the 2 round mag even if it means a lower dps. If DE changes the mag size to 1 they will be right back here asking for 2 rounds.

Maybe they should have made the mag 4 rounds if they were planning to pull this hat trick on us. That would probably not have caused such a commotion. Yes we would lose the only weapon that synergies with the chamber mods, but at least we'd have a decent mag size to compensate. Instead it's a 2 round mag which is so close to 1 that I look at it and wish for other things.

the logic is as following - "We are too stubborn to admit that having 2 bullets in Vectis Prime is a nerf/was not accepted greatly by community, but since we can't admit our design failures, we r going to offer u a band aid solution which will essentially waste a mod slot instead of damage/utility one". 

Pathetic. 

also interested to see if bows/ogris will be seeing a comeback

who uses Reload Mods on a Bow? their Reload is like, 700ms already.

RoF Mods are far more important.

i mean, you could personal preference Reload Mods i guess... but their Reload isn't slow considering it's automatic and the Damage + Punch-Through you get each shot.

You're mistaking 1 round per shot vs magazine capacity.

Besides that, the upgraded version of the M98 in ME3 has 3 total rounds available instead of 1.

no, no i'm not. Vectis Series is a 'Bolt Action Rifle', and it's very peculiar that Vectis Prime can fire two Shots per one Reload.

and then i noted how i'm going to use the Weapon. which will not be like a 'Bolt Action Rifle'. but that doesn't make it having a Magazine of this size less peculiar.

i recognize that this Magazine Size is a statistical upgrade(while most are blindly being led by the blind that having a Magazine is a downgrade), through and through. but even so, it's still weird.

yes, the Black Widow had a larger Magazine. so? i said Widow. was talking about use in play. Vectis Prime has a Reload about equal to the Valiant.

besides, the Black Widow was Overpowered in respect to it's older brother. it traded like, 25% of the Damage on Widow for almost the same everything except a larger Magazine. since there's nothing in the game that gives a bonus to a single shot Cannon, the Black Widow was just a complete upgrade in every possible way. similar Damage, with way higher DPS, and weighs less. less innate Piercing, but still had some, meaning can still Multi-Kill and pierce thin objects, which is the main purpose of innate Piercing. if you wanted more you'd be either using Incendiary, Warp, Disruptor for more Damage and Barrier/Shield Bypass or Phasic for more Shield Bypass, or Armor Piercing for bonus to Armor and good amount of Piercing for cheesing Bosses and more Multi-Killing. and besides, if lots of innate Piercing was your goal(to be able to cheese Bosses without using Piercing Ammo), you'd be using Javelin anyways.

it basically didn't trade anything. if it had a 30-40% longer Reload however, it probably would have been an equal trade.

Edited by taiiat

and i'll be very content therefore.

all Charge Weapons are like that already. the Charge is slow, making you want to use RoF Mods. this eats up your Mod Slots.

strategically allows the Developer to effectively reduce the Mod Slots available, without having to actually reduce them. leaves the Player feeling like they made a smart decision, when they were really being manipulated (not that i'm not saying that in a negative way, it's an interesting way to handle Game Design. you control the Player, but make them feel like they're not being controlled).

Ultimately eliminating player choice in the process. You think you have a choice, but you don't. You must have serration, multi shot, RoF, etc.

Purposely release mostly slow RoF weapons and whatnot.

Ultimately eliminating player choice in the process. You think you have a choice, but you don't. You must have serration, multi shot, RoF, etc.

Purposely release mostly slow RoF weapons and whatnot.

well, i can't really dock it as things currently stand. most Players will just put on more Damage Mods, and if you need to clamp Weapons to not do too much Damage, that's the only method currently.

The only way to have this mod worthy is to have the buff at least as good as Primed Fast Hands, so that taking out Primed Fast Hands does not nerf the build. 

It still limits the build options. I am not opposed to the mod, but I think that a band-aid mod is the wrong call. 

Devs should not be afraid to admit they are wrong and just change the weapon. 

Seriously... there were also a number of you people on the Vectis Prime thing, and a lot of you people also requested a dual stat that was exactly this, +reload -magazine, and now here, you guys complain about losing a mod slot? Is it never enough for you all people? Its getting tiring you know.

It's simple - Vectis Prime is worse than Vectis, and even with this mod released Vectis Prime will be worse than Vectis. If they make Vectis Prime better than Vectis in U17, people will stop complaining. Out of all the primes they could have made worse Vectis is the most ridiculous one, since it's not like you can use a sniper rifle in the hardest content anyway.

To be honest i would like this mod, if it wouldn't consume my fire elemental mod, because so i am just sacrifising DMG to repair the weapon which was delivered to us from DE with a design error... This whole situation is a joke. Everyone wants 1 bullet clip and they dont give it. I bought every Flunder/prime access pack and i am now considering leaving this if the developer has such a attitude to players.

Ok, this is very important so i am bumb'ing.

This "Deplted Reload" Mod solved this problem half way. If people want a more shot Sniper, install this on Vectis. Effects:

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/447332276384487641/24BCE2A728D9530D64EE4765E4673CDC780E1D78/?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-format=jpeg&output-quality=95&fit=inside|2048:864&composite-to=*,*|2048:864&background-color=black

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/447332276384488084/1C9D5F03DF2E10A2CE7F6F28C3FB92338E53D017/?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-format=jpeg&output-quality=95&fit=inside|2048:864&composite-to=*,*|2048:864&background-color=black

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/447332276384488463/F9466F5ACB9224E0E3555BE6DB1A8B62D375E0F8/?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-format=jpeg&output-quality=95&fit=inside|2048:864&composite-to=*,*|2048:864&background-color=black

YES, you get 72 shoots with no reload at all (when you grab ammo its insta loaded). This solves the Problem for people who want more shoots per clip. Now DE just need's to make Vectis Prime 1 shoot per clip and EVERYONE is hapy (people have 72 shoots, and other will have 1 shoot both on VP if they make it 1 bullet)!

BTW. No shoots count as first when clip size is 0, so Primed Chamber useless with 72 shoots.

Ok, this is very important so i am bumb'ing.

This "Deplted Reload" Mod solved this problem half way. If people want a more shot Sniper, install this on Vectis. Effects:

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/447332276384487641/24BCE2A728D9530D64EE4765E4673CDC780E1D78/?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-format=jpeg&output-quality=95&fit=inside|2048:864&composite-to=*,*|2048:864&background-color=black

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/447332276384488084/1C9D5F03DF2E10A2CE7F6F28C3FB92338E53D017/?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-format=jpeg&output-quality=95&fit=inside|2048:864&composite-to=*,*|2048:864&background-color=black

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/447332276384488463/F9466F5ACB9224E0E3555BE6DB1A8B62D375E0F8/?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-format=jpeg&output-quality=95&fit=inside|2048:864&composite-to=*,*|2048:864&background-color=black

YES, you get 72 shoots with no reload at all (when you grab ammo its insta loaded). This solves the Problem for people who want more shoots per clip. Now DE just need's to make Vectis Prime 1 shoot per clip and EVERYONE is hapy (people have 72 shoots, and other will have 1 shoot both on VP if they make it 1 bullet)!

BTW. No shoots count as first when clip size is 0, so Primed Chamber useless with 72 shoots.

xD. I wanna try that now.

To be honest while i see why the devs would relase this fix of sort as a mod, to leave players the choice about how they want to play their Vectis Prime, i think it wasn't the smartest choice.

If you want to mod a Vectis Prime you have 7 locked slots. Serration and Split Chamber, then crit mods (point strike and vital sense), then charged/primed chamber, then the mandatory single combo element.

Depleted reload competes for the last slot. Personally though without punch through i always felt that the Vectis was basically unplayable.

Anyway, other than the personal opinion: if you want the Vectis Prime to function like the Vectis you have 8 locked mod slots.

That's it for player choice.

I'm not too sure this is healthy.