Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Do You Think About Covert Lethality

(PSN)buddy72757

So, stealth attacks... no this likely does not mean Loki/Ash with a dagger will be able to kill anything, as you are not getting stealth attacks, but your are simply given the stealth multiplier on your melee attacks.

Finishers should also be disregarded as I will assume the mod has nothing to do with them.

You know that experience multiplier you get for getting stealth kills? Top right? Yeah, that is the one we are talking about. :P

Despite how situational, I feel this is appropriate for balancing reasons. 

Still, Loki, Ash, Banshee, maybe Excalibur seem like the only viable options as you have to make sure no alarms are sounded and no one is alerted. 

What this does mean is that if you are doing stealthy runs (Spy, Rescue) you do not have to use any damage mods on your daggers. 

A.K.A.

Use Primed Reach to poke bad guys before you accidentally bump into them rather rudely.  

Disclaimer: This is all speculation and blah blah blah don't make comments like "Bleh tha mod dun effen comb out yeit how do yoo no dis troo?" 

Edited by (PS4)buddy72757

We'll have to wait until it's released, but I would figure for balance purposes that a stealth finisher would be the way it would work. otherwise Loki just became even more Master Race, essentially being able to truly go forever in survival. 1 shotting level 50 bajillion enemies with ease.

We'll have to wait until it's released, but I would figure for balance purposes that a stealth finisher would be the way it would work. otherwise Loki just became even more Master Race, essentially being able to truly go forever in survival. 1 shotting level 50 bajillion enemies with ease.

It'll be useless for survival, considering the enemies are already alarmed, so you can't stealth kill them. That said, it's gonna make rescue and spy a lot easier.

Edited by Greene413

I think it would only affect unalerted enemies. since survival is always on alert, I don't think it's gonna trigger.

Edit: Tenno'd

Edited by KuroShiranui

It'll be useless for survival, considering the enemies are already alarmed, so you can't stealth kill them. That said, it's gonna make rescue and spy a lot easier.

Unless moves that open enemies to finishers also apply to that bonus, then Ash and the like make good competition for master race.

The stealth kill challenge (Perform 10 Stealth kills)

Triggers from Stealth melee multiplier and finisher kills from Blind/Non augment Paralysis/Parry Finishers/Prism Blind/Justice proc/Savage Silence/Invisibility/Smoke Screen/Arcane Trickery

Just not ground finishers

If the mod is based on melee kills that count towards the Stealth kill challenge...then the Dagger mod might be OP.

If it only counts actual melee finishers and stealth finishers....it can be balanced but will be OP on Valkyr non-augment Paralysis, Radial Blind, and Savage Silence since they force Finishers.

I'm eager to see how Life-strike will work.

(Currently melee finishers don't use energy when channeling for Life-strike....but if Dagger is 1-hit kill....may not need to mod for damage....so it'll be unorthodox healing setup)

Covert Lethality is a band-aid to DE's stupid idea that daggers(the weapons that already have the lowest base damage), should have the lowest Stealth/Finisher multiplier.

At this point, I'm willing to throw Hanlon's Razor to the wind, and outright accuse DE of maliciously delivering a broken game so that they can release band-aid mods to keep people grinding/stimulate the Platinum exchange via trade.

Covert Lethality is a band-aid to DE's stupid idea that daggers(the weapons that already have the lowest base damage), should have the lowest Stealth/Finisher multiplier.

At this point, I'm willing to throw Hanlon's Razor to the wind, and outright accuse DE of maliciously delivering a broken game so that they can release band-aid mods to keep people grinding/stimulate the Platinum exchange via trade.

How are Daggers the lowest base damage melee weapons?

Lowest base damage melee weapon is Obex at 25 base damage.

Then comes Machete at 25.1 base damage.

Weakest single Daggers for base damage are Ceramic Dagger and Dark Dagger at 35 base.

As strong as the strongest base Sparring weapon : Kogake.

Karsyt is 50 base damage.

Dual Daggers have lower base damage than Single Daggers. Fang is 30 base damage.

And Stealth Finisher multipliers on the wiki are incorrect.

Stealth Multiplier change

Here's the proof: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/396379-update-1513/

Its under Stealth Finisher/Affinity Updates:

• Finisher damage will now increase based on weapon rank and enemy level. Finisher Damage for stealth kills capped at 8x damage with max rank melee weapon!
The 8x damage is multiplied by the the 4x stealth bonus, therefore making it 32x.

Parry/non-augment Paralysis/Forced Blind Melee finishers/Savage Silence/Justice Blast proc....apply the 400% melee stealth/unalerted multiplier

Basically any attack that allows a parry/stealth finisher animation let's the enemy be open to 400% melee stealth damage bonus.....you can stop attacking after Party and shoot with Redeemer/Throw Galive to confirm 400% melee stealth melee modifier is active when enemy is in stagger state ready for finisher attack.

Meaning all prompt animated single target finishers have the 400% melee buff so they deal 32x damage at level 30.

Edited by (PS4)MrNishi

Meaning all prompt animated single target finishers have the 400% melee buff so they deal 32x damage at level 30.

Which is still bad(though arguably less so), as it denies a mechanical niche to weapons that are otherwise disadvantaged in direct combat.

It also dose little to change the fact that DE dose work based on "optional balance", considering we still have things like ability augments(which almost immediately devolved from altering powers to "fixing" the bad ones), ammo conversion mods(which replace a proper update to the silly drop system), syndicate weapon mods, ect.

This is going on for long enough by now for DE to lose the benefit of the doubt, as one would assume mere incompetence would have run out at some point.

What we're facing here is engineered flaws, exploited to at a later time to "respond to valued feedback" of the sheep that eat it up.

Would be nice if they just applied a blanket buff so that all parry/stealth animated Finishers were a 1-hit kill with any melee weapon....

Then uniquely buff weapon classes with varying melee combo multipliers, channeling damage and energy consumption, forced status effects, etcetera