Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Valkyr And Posible Changes

viamont

For starters Valkyr its my second(tied out with chroma) most used frame so far, so im quite aware of the ups and downs she has gone trough. Personally im already tired of the multiple treads demanding nerfs as wide as its the sky without any tought put behind them...so in hopes to help a little bit heres my own personal tought about her and what she needs:

Stats wise she should stay the same.

Powers:

Rip line:

-Reduce the cost of spiderwomaning all around to 5 energy per cast

-Reduce the cost of pulling out enemys towards you to 10 per cast

Alternate new power:

Rake: Valkyr jumps 15/30/45/60 meters straight againts one single target puncing it and slaming it to the ground causing 50/75/100/125 impact damage (also causing a small AoE stagger efect on all enemys around 2/3/4/5 meters), followed by a double claw atack (animation wise valkyr will temporarily draw her energy claws) doing 250/300/350/400 slash damage with 50/60/70/80% proc chance of doing 50/75/100/125 bleed damage afterwards (this damage doesnt count as finisher damage but it do leaves the enemy on a prone state allowing for a follow up finisher atack, of course you ARENT invinsible during the animation meaning you can recieve damage during it).

Rake also works for extended jumps (similar to zephyr 1) with the diference valkyr needs to be on a surface to do it (she can jump from wall to wall

Warcry: leave it as it is its perfectly fine

Paralizis: Perfect as it it leave it alone

Histeria:

For starters allow it to work as trancending blade, allow it to have equiped weapon bonuses applied to the damage, this will make her highly viable on T4 void towers (just as much as excalibur is now).

When activated Valkyr gaints 3/4/5 seconds of invulnerability (like courent histeria)

Base damage: 300 +15 (max 300 bonus) damage and 40% (max 400%) armor per enemy kill while histeria lasts

Movement speed its increased from 1.1 (regular movement speed) to 1.25 while histeria lasts

Lifesteal: 1/2/3/4/5% (with the new damage shes going to be able to keep herself alive eben on the tick of battle)

Melee range gets an increment of 0.6/0.8/1.0 + meters ( claw length)

Im not expert on aditive numbers from the frames, but given that valkyr has superior armor in comparison to chroma (base) i feel the 400% bonus (superior by 50% of chromas vexin armor) should put her on an even superior defensive position. With this all those people crying out loud for no more invensibility should be apiased while the people who love unkilable valkyr will have her on a certain new way, mind you, now you will have to work for those numbers but at the end of the day i feel this should put her on a great position as the best tank in the game, increase her T4 combat usefullness and please both sides without scraping all she is and furtermore just turn her on another press one button to win frame.

If anyone who knows how armor works could help me tweak the numbers to make them work i would apreciate it a lot, that way i would be able to know if armor bonus should be afected by power strenght or keep as a flat number, i want her to srug off a lot of damage but not by 100%

Edited by viamont

This is the only valkyr rework thread i dont hate. I tip ny hat to you sir. The hysteria does sound really nice, if it works exactly as excal's, would she get auto-parry?

considering the insane amount of armor she potentially would get ( i read chroma its capable of reaching around 20K armor with high damage bulds and that pretty much translates to 98% damage mitigation, and i put numbers trying to mimic that somewhat for valkyr) i tink its not needed, besides considering shes a "berserker" i doubt she would care about blocking damage when shes better just riping enemys away in a bloody mess

Edited by viamont

Histeria:

For starters allow it to work as trancending blade, allow it to have equiped weapon bonuses applied to the damage, this will make her highly viable on T4 void towers (just as much as excalibur is now).

When activated Valkyr gaints 3/4/5 seconds of invulnerability (like courent histeria)

Base damage: 300 +15 (max 300 bonus) damage and 40% (max 400%) armor per enemy kill while histeria lasts

Movement speed its increased from 1.1 (regular movement speed) to 1.25 while histeria lasts

Lifesteal: 1/2/3/4/5% (with the new damage shes going to be able to keep herself alive eben on the tick of battle)

Valkyr's hysteria already takes some stats from the currently equip melee weapon. I believe hysteria's attack speed, crit chance, crit mulitplier all are adjusted from what the current melee mods equip are. Unlike Exalted Blade, I believe it does not take the syndicate mods.

She already has lifesteal built into the ability, while she technically does not take damage during Hysteria, Valkyr does experience some recoil as she will receive some damage after the ability dissipates.

As for your armor change, Warcry already buffs armor of those effected by it, so theres no need to double up an ability.

Hysteria is fine as is, and Valkyr has no need to be reworked, tweaked, or touched in any manner.

Edited by spacerocks

Valkyr's hysteria already takes some stats from the currently equip melee weapon. I believe hysteria's attack speed, crit chance, crit mulitplier all are adjusted from what the current melee mods equip are. Unlike Exalted Blade, I believe it does not take the syndicate mods.

atack speed its not afected by weapon mods, berserker does afect it but only prior to histeria activation, after the efect passes its lost until you get out of histeria.

Crit weapons work on a formula so it do adds to it.

Chanelling mods doesnt work, same for elemental or proc stats, syndicate mods dont work.

She already has lifesteal built into the ability, while she technically does not take damage during Hysteria, Valkyr does experience some recoil as she will receive some damage after the ability dissipates.

Im quite aware histeria already has inbuilt lifestealh, i put it there just to make sure people wouldnt tink it was gone

As for your armor change, Warcry already buffs armor of those effected by it, so theres no need to double up an ability.

With the lose of perma invencivility in this build its necesary, as i mentioned chroma its quite capable of insane amounts of damage reduction and thus become extremely resilent and hard to kill, the main problem people have with Histeria its the perma invulnerability, in this build im taking it away and thus giving something in exchange, in this case more damage and an increasable resistance, furthermore rewards players who are eficient on killing enemys fast (for those now very precious first invulnerability seconds) with high amounts od damage and resistance, much like chroma now valkyrs are very strong but need you to tink a bit ahead of you

Hysteria is fine as is, and Valkyr has no need to be reworked, tweaked, or touched in any manner.

Sorry but i heavily disagree, on high level valkyrs damage suffers a terrible falloff, she becomes viable midly only as a paralizis stun/finisher machine, making her simply a smacker instead of a berserker shes meent to be. As an example i take exalibur and his new exalted blade, its capable of tremendous amounts of damage quite viable on T4 past 40 minutes defense/survival, something valkyr struggles to reach. The damage buff i gave valkyr whas to somewhat match excals, his blade does up to 250 base damage + energy wave damage making him go something around 500 + damage mods, this allows him (from personal experience) to be capable of going up to 70K critical damage with a Dakra prime...a NON crit build based weapon, the diference its exca can go in and out of his blade, something valkyr cant and thus giving her a higher damage in trade of her ranged weapons its more than fair for her

The problem with hysteria is that it has mediocre damage, a unnecessarily long timer, limited support from melee weapon mods, and melee weapon dependent.

If DE really wants us to use weapons because their "fun" then they should fix how hysteria limits us to use only one or two melee weapons.

Yes Scindo Prime I'm looking at you.

Personally I think Hysteria should be Exactly like Exalted Blade ( in terms of how it's affected by melee mods and what not ) Minus the blade wave and in it's place more movement speed.

Also I think Ripline should be changed to something else , With Parkor 2.0 it's not really going to be needed as a moment power and as an attack it's not that good .. Perhaps some sort of pounce that lets her Leap onto an enemy and knock them to the ground dealing lots of damage and having a radial damage zone ~ this would allow you to engage enemies in groups, putting you in an area where warcry and paralysis could be of more use or targeting enemies with hysteria active so you can help distract bigger enemies to focus on her .. OR something

Personally I think Hysteria should be Exactly like Exalted Blade ( in terms of how it's affected by melee mods and what not ) Minus the blade wave and in it's place more movement speed.

Also I think Ripline should be changed to something else , With Parkor 2.0 it's not really going to be needed as a moment power and as an attack it's not that good .. Perhaps some sort of pounce that lets her Leap onto an enemy and knock them to the ground dealing lots of damage and having a radial damage zone ~ this would allow you to engage enemies in groups, putting you in an area where warcry and paralysis could be of more use or targeting enemies with hysteria active so you can help distract bigger enemies to focus on her .. OR something

you just gave me an idea for an alternate power ill update it on the topic