Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Covert Lethality : Why Just For Daggers?!

unknow99

Starving...

2 years have passed, and apart from an amazing mission rework (thank you mr Whirrrrr), we've been starving...

A myth, I tell you! Stealth 2.0 is a myth! However, a weak light of hope is still shining in the eyes of the members of the darker part of our community... The part who prefers to make it look like it was an accident...The part the enemy is unaware of...

Suddenly, a spark! Briefly seen in a recent devstream, an unexpected mod blew us away. It...It would make our work a lot easier! It would make Infiltration way more viable! It...

It was Covert lethality.

Nevertheless, a little detail raised the eyebrows of some of us : a dagger only mode? What the Hek?...

I can understand that daggers need some love & I heard here and there that it's used in rpg's or stuff for Stealth play.

HOWEVER, I don't get it : you're telling me that a dagger to the throat has 100% chance to kill unaware enemies, meanwhile we're not sure if a hammer 4 times the size of their head will give them more than a headache?

Meanwhile a neck-breaking move with our Kogake will neutralize them?

Meanwhile a sword, piercing the guy from the back to the front will give him more than a tickle?

C'mooon...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Threads about Stealth :

- https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/3930-stealth-feedback-suggestions-thread/

(It's been archived? Noooooooooo)

- https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/394960-stealth-20-quality-of-life/

- https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/494221-will-de-ever-fix-stealth/

Thank you for reading.

you should google the definition of Covert before you make a meaningless thread.

Starving...

2 years have passed, and apart from an amazing mission rework (thank you mr Whirrrrr), we've been starving...

A myth, I tell you! Stealth 2.0 is a myth! However, a weak light of hope is still shining in the eyes of the members of the darker part of our community... The part who prefers to make it look like it was an accident...The part the enemy is unaware of...

Suddenly, a spark! Briefly seen in a recent devstream, an unexpected mod blew us away. It...It would make our work a lot easier! It would make Infiltration way more viable! It...

It was Covert lethality.

Nevertheless, a little detail raised the eyebrows of some of us : a dagger only mode? What the Hek?...

I can understand that daggers need some love & I heard here and there that it's used in rpg's or stuff for Stealth play.

HOWEVER, I don't get it : you're telling me that a dagger to the throat has 100% chance to kill unaware enemies, meanwhile we're not sure if a hammer 4 times the size of their head will give them more than a headache?

Meanwhile a sword, piercing the guy from the back to the front will give him more than a tickle?

C'mooon...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Threads about Stealth :

- https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/3930-stealth-feedback-suggestions-thread/

(It's been archived? Noooooooooo)

- https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/394960-stealth-20-quality-of-life/

- https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/494221-will-de-ever-fix-stealth/

Thank you for reading.

daggers have always been a stealth/assassination thing in games, it makes sense thatd they'd have that role

you should google the definition of Covert before you make a meaningless thread.

"not openly acknowledged or displayed" Well, it sure matches daggers in that respect, I haven't seen a dagger displayed in a mission in forever.

I guess Combo'd with all those forma, you're probably just putting them on to cause physical pain to those who see the build, but I still wanna let you know. *edit* Wait a minute! You did in fact have Auger on there too. Props must be given there, but the fact remains the other two aren't worth it even though it is.

yea i used to run elementals just decided to switch to full punct awhile back, and it stands up suprisingly well even at higher levels,

(lol you'd cry if you saw my ash build!)

C'mooon...

Mod for hammers explains it - impact procs will shed armor, nullifying the need for corrosive on jat kitty. And they might have had armored heads!

Wooowowow first of all, I don't like that tone sir. Did you see any passive aggressive stuff in OP? NO.

Number two : no, English isn't my main language, so I will follow your suggestion.

Number three : It's meaningless for you!

(1 minute later)

Okay I looked that up and you know what? Daggers may be covert, bu look at the Kestrel & the Glaive aswell...They are covert aswell.

Edited by unknow99

My guess would be that one can slip the dagger's blade through exposed areas where armor parts come together, hence making it more lethal when one has the time to do it. With a giant hammer you can basically smack the guy on the head, which is exactly what we do in normal combat anyway. Of course I realize that this is equally deathly IRL, but this is a game after all. Like others said, short blade weapons are THE stealth weapons, because they are light, easy to conceal, and extremely fast in usage. I'm sure other melees will get some unique mods that fit their respective archetypes. 

You'd think they changed that after two years of people telling them to change it.

nop

DE be like

you want stealth kills?
alright here's your stealth kills

what's that? they don't always kill the enemy?
ok, have a mod for it.

Warframe:
The only game about ninjas where actual stealth kills are an upgrade.

Why would i take a unmodded weapon and use it for a stealth kill? If i were to use the same build on a dagger, i'd still come up shorter because of the low base damage.

Single Daggers tend to have mid-level base damage. 35-50 (Ceramic/Dark Dagger - Karyst)

Dual Daggers tend to have lower base damage 30-45.1 (Fang to Ether Daggers)

As for Hammers vs Daggers finisher percentage multipliers:

Wiki Finisher damage % is wrong

All melee weapons have the same Finisher Damage % since it was changed:

Here's the proof: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/396379-update-1513/

Its under Stealth Finisher/Affinity Updates:

• Finisher damage will now increase based on weapon rank and enemy level. Finisher Damage for stealth kills capped at 8x damage with max rank melee weapon!
The 8x damage is multiplied by the the 4x stealth bonus, therefore making it 32x.
Edited by (PS4)MrNishi

You'd think they changed that after two years of people telling them to change it.

nop

DE be like

you want stealth kills?

alright here's your stealth kills

what's that? they don't always kill the enemy?

ok, have a mod for it.

Warframe:

The only game about ninjas where actual stealth kills are an upgrade.

Exactly, hahaha....

laugh_crying_kristen_bell.gif

...ha... *snirf*

Single Daggers tend to have mid-level base damage. 35-50 (Ceramic/Dark Dagger - Karyst)

Dual Daggers tend to have lower base damage 30-45.1 (Fang to Ether Daggers)

As for Hammers vs Daggers finisher percentage multipliers:

Wiki Finisher damage % is wrong

All melee weapons have the same Finisher Damage % since it was changed:

Hm hmm...I gotta admit that stealth killing now seems more effective. I didn't know why, until now! Thank you mr Niche-y.

Would be nice if they just applied a blanket buff so that all parry/stealth animated Finishers were a 1-hit kill with any melee weapon....

Then uniquely buff weapon classes with varying melee combo multipliers, channeling damage and energy consumption, forced status effects, etcetera

Would be nice if they just applied a blanket buff so that all parry/stealth animated Finishers were a 1-hit kill with any melee weapon....

Then uniquely buff weapon classes with varying melee combo multipliers, channeling damage and energy consumption, forced status effects, etcetera

This, I can get behind very well... :)