Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I'm Not Asking For Much... But Buff The Ogris (You'll See What I Mean)

Jamescell

I request a simple buff for the Ogris: Replace the base blast damage with fire damage. 

If the Ogris had a base damage of fire then players wouldn't be stuck with a huge margin of unavoidable blast damage that's essentially useless on everything. Yay everyone's happy. 

The same blast that's GREAT against Ancients that buff enemies for tons of EHP? The same Blast that won't allow a single element to merge with it? The same blast that allows THREE different kinds of elemental combinations, instead of the two heat will allow?

That same blast?

tonkor breaks it

I have 6 forma penta and ogris and i have to say this is true

Since Mr Torgue approves explosive so i formaed my tonkor to 6 too, now i dont use penta or ogris anymore

on topic : i do think that ogris need a damage type change, for me the - accuracy from max heavy call ruin it pretty bad, so i think ogris accuracy needs a buff

Edited by EagleHawkz25

It's Grineer, despite its Tenno-ey appearance, which supposedly makes it not eligible, but it's not a very clear border because of things like Soma.

This is totally off topic but the soma has always been tenno/orokin, no inconsistencies there.

It's Grineer, despite its Tenno-ey appearance, which supposedly makes it not eligible, but it's not a very clear border because of things like Soma.

DE have confirmed that they can prime whatever they want, so even the Tonkor can get a prime.

Personally I think the Ogris is far more powerful than the Tonkor

I have both, and two forma on both as well. Currently my Ogris does 12,250 blast damage as 37.5% status, while my Tonkor only reaches 4000 blast with 37.5% status.

Additionally you have the added benefit on the Ogris of knowing that every time you fire, the explosion will go off, whereas on tonkor you have to deal with arcing aim and bouncy bullets. 

That being said I would say both have their respective uses, since the self damage on tonkor is negligible its more suited to front line combat and ogris is a massive damage weapon, which requires positioning to use to full effect.

If you think the Ogris isn't worth the cost, you may not be using it effectively.

In regards to the OP's concern, you do know that since the Ogris's base damage is blast, that you can add any elements you want without it fusing to the blast right? Electrical, Radiation, Corrosive explosions, or Fire should you choose.

I hate tonkor for the stupid bounce mechanic that launches me 6ft in the air when my grenade explodes half way across the map.

I love my ogris for it's labrador like dependability (the only time I ever blow myself up is when a dips*** teammate stands in front of me as I'm firing)

A few fire rate mods and the chrage up time is barely noticeable, then all you need is a good vantage point an dyou're launging in defence misisons. Plus the damage is good enough that you don't even need all the usual damage mods.

I have Ogris since it was released. Its awesome situational weapon. Very good for long range bombardment.

Blast damage kills ancients. All of them. 

No...I dont want it to be changed.  I like that its dangerous to use. Makes weapon feel better.

Personally I think the Ogris is far more powerful than the Tonkor

I have both, and two forma on both as well. Currently my Ogris does 12,250 blast damage as 37.5% status, while my Tonkor only reaches 4000 blast with 37.5% status.

Additionally you have the added benefit on the Ogris of knowing that every time you fire, the explosion will go off, whereas on tonkor you have to deal with arcing aim and bouncy bullets.

That being said I would say both have their respective uses, since the self damage on tonkor is negligible its more suited to front line combat and ogris is a massive damage weapon, which requires positioning to use to full effect.

If you think the Ogris isn't worth the cost, you may not be using it effectively.

In regards to the OP's concern, you do know that since the Ogris's base damage is blast, that you can add any elements you want without it fusing to the blast right? Electrical, Radiation, Corrosive explosions, or Fire should you choose.

Crits. Gg ogris.