Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can We Please Have Some Sort Of Nerf/change To Multishot Mods

WereFowl

Since allot of people have made this point: Let's assume enemy scaling has been sorted out before this is to be implemented.

This is only for rifles and pistols, with shotguns the mulishot actually works as they are pellet based and the damage dealth by the weapon is actually based on every pellet hitting.

Multishot mods are by far the worst example of default mods on guns after serration and hornets strike.

I can ony think of a handful of guns where multishot isn't a straight upgrade. It basically double, or even triples with pistols, the damage a weapon deals. There is currently no logical reason not to have 1 on your weapon.

Here's a few proposed solutions

- Have the shots spread out a bit, like the angstrum, when you have a multishot. So if you fire two shots they spread out in a V away from you, and if it's three shots they spread out in a triangular fashion.

- Limit the weapons that can have mulitshot (for example, no mulitshot on explosive weapons or beam/ directional elemental damage type weapons)

- Have multishot weapons reduce the damage dealth by 100/(5 - number of shots) % so if you fire three shots the damage dealth per shot is reduced by half, with 2 shots the damage dealth is reduced by a third per shot

so multishot with an extra shot would basically be an extra 132%ish damage from both shots and if you had two extra shots, mostly pistols, it would be an overall damage of 150%

Dipstick has also put forward a good suggestion: that the extra shots actually use ammo

TheBrsrkr suggested actually lower the chance for a multishot down from 90% to something like 40%

Any or all of them would be preferable to the current system

edit1: to clarify confusion on last point
edit2: After it being pointed out it does make sense I removed the remove it from bows altogether suggestion

edit3: bit at the tope about enemy scaling

edit4: put in dipsticks suggestion

edit5: put in TheBrsrkr's suggesion

Edited by WereFowl

Multishot is perfectly fine, why would you want to not increase damage?

You can play around as you like with elements and such, but these mods like damage % and multishot are essential for endgame (or lategame).

How do you want to take out highlevel enemies? With faster reload and higher stability?

I think we need to nerf the nerfs and buff the buffs and make changes to changes. Seriously all these nerf this buff that change this threads are really getting out of hand. Play the game that DE has created. Dont like it? Move on. Stop suggesting changes to make everything to YOUR liking. 

/rant

I think we need to nerf the nerfs and buff the buffs and make changes to changes. Seriously all these nerf this buff that change this threads are really getting out of hand. Play the game that DE has created. Dont like it? Move on. Stop suggesting changes to make everything to YOUR liking. 

This logic is stupid. Sorry.

You're basically suggesting people shouldn't give feedback on a game and suggest changes to make it better.

How about this: don't like a suggestion? Say why, or move on. Don't fling S#&$ at people posting feedback on a feedback forum for a game under development by devs who actually want player feedback.

You're basically suggesting people shouldn't give feedback on a game and suggest changes to make it better.

How about this: don't like a suggestion? Say why, or move on. Don't fling S#&$ at people posting feedback on a feedback forum for a game under development by devs who actually want player feedback.

Kawabunga Logic !! Eat more  Disyness Mushrooms

+1.  Multishot is broken.   While some weapons really NEED it to be somewhat gud and fun...  That mod completely breaks other weapons.

I think multishot should be shotgun only.   All other weapons that naturally can spit only one "bullet" per shot (Like snipers or bows ) should have different mods that will be a "multishot replacement"

Coz...Multishot ruin weapons that are supposed to be "one bullet per shot".   + it doesnt add any "FUN"...It just buffs damage output greatly.

gonna need your flame resist mod..   

I don't think that's going to be strong enough looking at all these posts....

My point was multishot is just stupid for some weapons.

Not to mention no one has addressed my point that it's as bad a serration when it comes to being a required mod. All those saying: "durr, well jus tdon't use it then" are missing the point entirely.

Dislike - entire point of multi-shot is to increase DPS, not decrease it. 

This suggestion would still increase DPS, just not double or triple it as its what currently happens.

Edited by WereFowl

OP deserves factual counter arguments.

Personally I'm all in favor of better scaling enemy HP/resistances. At the moment the difficulty of missions beyond the 30-40 mark (let's not go in to extremes here) rises to the point where you NEED flat dmg mods and multishot to be able to kill anything. This is how this game is built.

If we are to remove or nerf Serration and multishot mods we must first change the damage/enemy HP system. Simply removing the mods won't balance anything and will upset a lot of people. Damage 3.0 perhaps.

The backlash is to be expected, but please be civil and argumentative. How can we improve the system instead?

Edited by Thyriell

I can kinda understand rants like "Nerf Volt, he's speed me up so fast, I'm bumping into walls!", but rants about nerfing game's absolutely legal beneficial mechanics is... not smart.

absolutely legal benfeficial mechanics?

Really?

If that's the case why not just give every weapon +90% multishot as a default, because that's what the current state is.

All I'm propsoing is one of three possible changes that mean people don't feel like they have to use it. Something that balances the mod so it's not so completely over powered.

I think you are the one who doesn't get what is he trying to say.Also dont try to be advocate on the forums and internet not the best idea.

OP deserves factual counter arguments.

Personally I'm all in favor of better scaling enemy HP/resistances. At the moment the difficulty of missions beyond the 30-40 mark (let's not go in to extremes here) rises to the point where you NEED flat dmg mods and multishot to be able to kill anything. This is how this game is built.

If we are to remove or nerf Serration and multishot mods we must first change the damage/enemy HP system. Simply removing the mods won't balance anything and will upset a lot of people.

The backlash is to be expected, but please be civil and argumentative.

Thank you,

I agree enemy scalling should also be sorted as it is ridiculous.

I don't mind people arguing against my suggestion with logical points, but most of these posts seems to amount to "I need the extra damage" and nothing more.

Edited by WereFowl