Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can We Please Have Some Sort Of Nerf/change To Multishot Mods

WereFowl

The multishot mods are pretty balanced... by critical strike chance mods. You can only have low multishot on rifles and high on pistols, but high crit chance to former and low for latter.

And, maybe you haven't noticed, "second" and "third" bullet have an accuracy loss, only pinpoint weapons can land all bullets in one dot. Even bows can miss the multishot arrow.

The multishot mods are pretty balanced... by critical strike chance mods. You can only have low multishot on rifles and high on pistols, but high crit chance to former and low for latter.

And, maybe you haven't noticed, "second" and "third" bullet have an accuracy loss, only pinpoint weapons can land all bullets in one dot. Even bows can miss the multishot arrow.

Lets be honest here, how often is accuracy a deciding factor in how you mod your weapon? If it were, Heavy Caliber wouldn't be used as religiously.

"Balanced" only works as a statement because without multishot and flat dmg % boost mods, we wouldn't be able to lay waste to enemies past level 20 effectively. The problem aren't the mods themselves, but how the player is forced to use them in order to play the game effectively.

This may necessarily go past OP's point, but the damage system itself needs another look. As much modding diversity as Warframe has, it's pretty stupid how at least 3 slots are by default allocated to dmg boosting mods. There is no competition. No diversity in how these 3 slots are used. If you want to be viable, you should put damage mods on. That's it, that's that, no compromise.

What can we do to fix this? Well a lazy fix would be simply integrating these stats in to all the weapons themselves. Bam! You have 3 free slots to put anything else in and you don't lose any damage output! Look at all these niche mods I can use now! Or, as I'm sure a couple of hot topics spoke before, we could ask for a better damage and enemy scaling system.

^No I'd say you're pretty close to what I'm getting at.

The dev's have said mulitple times they're not happy with the fact everyone usuing a handful of weapons and they all have almost identical mod set ups.

This suggestion would still increase DPS, just not double or triple it as its what currently happens.

Yea, next please redo Serration, so that it does not add damage, but boost the least prominent damage type on a weapon for 165% while it decreases the most hitting damage type by... um 165%.

Woah, now nobody would use Serration either. Also you should have an eye on these dualmods - how dare there to be good mods everyone wants to use.

Yea, next please redo Serration, so that it does not add damage, but boost the least prominent damage type on a weapon for 165% while it decreases the most hitting damage type by... um 165%.

Woah, now nobody would use Serration either. Also you should have an eye on these dualmods - how dare there to be good mods everyone wants to use.

Careful, that strawman might blow away if you keep huffing like that....

No multi-shot on bow? The ONE weapon where it makes sense?

I mean, it's realistic. It's very well known, the double bullet in the chamber trick. Play MGS. There's a high chance the gun will jam, but you CAN ram two bullets into the chamber.

This applies to nearly every gun.

On bows it just makes sense. If you're a good enough archer you can be capable of doing it, so why not?

No multi-shot on bow? The ONE weapon where it makes sense?

I mean, it's realistic. It's very well known, the double bullet in the chamber trick. Play MGS. There's a high chance the gun will jam, but you CAN ram two bullets into the chamber.

This applies to nearly every gun.

On bows it just makes sense. If you're a good enough archer you can be capable of doing it, so why not?

I was actually thinking of that myself just now,

I agree that does make sense. Hell I'll ammend it now.

As for gkuoni's point: Yes I'd have to agree for this to be realistically implemented enemy scaling would have to be sorted out first.

Edited by WereFowl

Ok, you just go ahead and not use them on any of your weapons and I will continue to use mine. 

That should solve your problems whilst not affecting 99.99999999999999999% of the rest of the community that dislikes your Idea.

Ok, you just go ahead and not use them on any of your weapons and I will continue to use mine. 

That should solve your problems whilst not affecting 99.99999999999999999% of the rest of the community that dislikes your Idea.

Well going off this thread alone it blows your statement (and your incredibly poor grasp of statistics) out of the water.

Also "just don't use it" is a pretty poor rebutal.

Edited by WereFowl

Its cool that you don't like multi shot. Feel free to not use it.

I on the other hand like multi shot, so ima use it.

Deal with it.

It's amusing how many of the replies are simply "I don't like your suggestion but can't think of an argument against it"

Edited by WereFowl

Is this guy for real? No can't be...right?

I'm sorry i can't find a legit argument to use but dude...that's just absurd.

Edit:

Do you get how bad a lot weapons in the game are? Yet you want mods that actually make those weapons somewhat usable nerfed. If DE is to actually take this seriously, EVERYTHING would need to be revamped. Weapons, enemies and even mods..and for what? To satisfy a very minuscule bunch of people? Not to mention the backlash from the whole warframe community. Now would all that be worth it? But i'm just exaggerating of course. 

Edited by ShawnV2

Is this guy for real? No can't be...right?

I'm sorry i can't find a legit argument to use but dude...that's just absurd.

Why is it absurd?

Are you saying everyone equipping every weapon with multishot isn't a problem?

I wish people would have an actual reason they don't like this besides I needs the damage!

Edit:

Do you get how bad a lot weapons in the game are? Yet you want mods that actually make those weapons somewhat usable nerfed. If DE is to actually take this seriously, EVERYTHING would need to be revamped. Weapons, enemies and even mods..and for what? To satisfy a very minuscule bunch of people? Not to mention the backlash from the whole warframe community. Now would all that be worth it? But i'm just exaggerating of course. 

I do realize that there would need to be some re-balancing, but what's the alternative? The current system where 90% of weapons are mastery fodder and I can predict about 50% of the mods you will be using on any given weapon because they are so standardized.

As for community backlash, there's ALWAYS community backlash against every single removal of an exploit or a system that unbalanced that some players feel entitled too.

Hell look at the number of people whinging about the removal of coptering.

I do realize that there would need to be some re-balancing, but what's the alternative? The current system where 90% of weapons are mastery fodder and I can predict about 50% of the mods you will be using on any given weapon because they are so standardized.

As for community backlash, there's ALWAYS community backlash against every single removal of an exploit or a system that unbalanced that some players feel entitled too.

Hell look at the number of people whinging about the removal of coptering.

That still doesn't justify ruining the whole game for everyone else just to please you or a handful of people. That's a lil selfish if you ask me. Majority of the warframe community like it just the way it is, so why change that now? Who cares if it's unbalanced, this isn't a pvp game.

We hate that coptering is going away but hey, it's tolerable. Also, 90%? That's a bit of an exaggeration, they're literally in the process of fixing shotguns.

Edited by ShawnV2

Who cares if it's unbalanced, this isn't a pvp game.

That is the exact kind of justification that ruins games. 

Balance concerning PvE is just as important as PvP Balance, especially when said balance directly affects other players as well.

You and others might enjoy running around with your Multi-shot mods, but what about the rest of the people thrown into your group? Do you think they enjoy watching you run ahead and two-shot everything that moves while all they can do is try to keep up and fire off a few shots before you finish their target(s) off? 

Do you think they enjoy watching you have fun while they don't get to kill or fight anything just because they didn't throw on a multi-shot mod?

Balance concerning PvE is just as important as PvP Balance, especially when said balance directly affects other players as well.

Sure it is, but it could be more about giving players tools as they progress, so they don't become overwhelmed with new threats with their stock weapons.

Warframe would be in a much better place if best weapons were both available late and expensive to craft, while in practice, the meta is available once player hits MR2 and costs about 50p on the trading channel.

That is the exact kind of justification that ruins games. 

You and others might enjoy running around with your Multi-shot mods, but what about the rest of the people thrown into your group? Do you think they enjoy watching you run ahead and two-shot everything that moves while all they can do is try to keep up and fire off a few shots before you finish their target(s) off? 

Do you think they enjoy watching you have fun while they don't get to kill or fight anything just because they didn't throw on a multi-shot mod?

Way to ignore my point. Sorry but If that's your argument, it's a pretty dumb one. Most of us don't need multishot to do that, or even a weapon lol...but hey, that's a whole other topic which i'd very much not want to get into. The point is DE would have to be pretty insane to piss off the whole community just for a very small bunch (and by bunch i mean a very tiny lot of you). Stop being so spoiled dudes, think about others before you propose these absurd ideas.

Edited by ShawnV2