Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thousands Of Post And Years For A Supra Buff...is Time For Silva&aegis

Vasault

Yeah post number #3981, i won't stop this, i really want my silva&aegis rework, yes, i said REWORK, i rather see this weapon to have a decent revamp or rework than a new shield&sword weapon, my suggestion as always is

-Longer weapon range (this is not a knife, is a freaking sword -.-)

-Better combo stance (or make a new one)

-Non-elemental weapon (this is just a suggestion, considering we have just one single shield&sword weapon type)

-Chroma element changer (put an elemental mod in the first slot and transform the sword into that element)

-Visual rework (this is just a suggestion, but i really want to see something like this)

300px-Draconic_Shield_Concept_Art.jpg

and this

SG203.png

Hey dude, they are removing stamina and with that they are going to change blocking to a percentage damage reduction.  What do you think would be most effective blocking bullets, a sword or a shield. I think they are going to buff the siliva and aegis to have a 99% damage redution >..> since it is a shield... That is godly.

The elemental weapon and damage is not problem for ageis the problem is the amount what does and the low status. I sugges to revamp all older content weapons before they making new ones because a lot of weapons need it's small buffs for the reason not to be only mastery fodder like some weapon does. 

The plasma sword also call for some buff because does only electrical damage and with low status-crit rate and absolutely slow one handed sword "not twohanded" and it's really pain to use. 

There is more older weapon also but feel free to suggest some.

A visual rework probably won't happen since it's a fan designed weapon.

Changing the element and making it non elemental are both bad suggestions it is one weapon if you want different elements then i'm sure there will be more in the future (Pretty sure they said they were making another sword and shield).

All for more combos would love to see a new stance added for it

Considering it was a fan-designed weapon, the visual rework is out of the question.

I'm all up for a new sword and board that looks similar to the pics above though. And a stance that's maybe a little easier to get.

Sword and Board will become better in Parkour 2.0 though, due to stamina going, and blocking being a damage reduction based on weapon design. Considering it has a shield, I expect the damage reduction to be pretty high, if not 100%.

Even if fire isn't the best element, I think the Silva & Aegis being an elemental weapon is actually advantage, as it makes it easier to get more desirable status effects out of it. I also sincerely doubt they'll redesign it for two reasons:

1) It already looks awesome

2) It was a player-made weapon, so that would be a big middle finger to the original designer

Anyway, as far as buffs go, I think it would be thematically fitting if the Aegis absorbed damage that you use it to block with, which in turn would power up a damage/status chance multiplier on the sword. Maybe even allow us to use the shield like a very powerful (but also very short-range) version of the Glaive; the more damage it absorbs the larger and more powerful an AoE it makes when thrown.

A general damage buff and/or Chroma-esque element changing function would suffice though.

Edited by Paradoxbomb

Yeah post number #3981, i won't stop this, i really want my silva&aegis rework, yes, i said REWORK, i rather see this weapon to have a decent revamp or rework than a new shield&sword weapon, my suggestion as always is

-Longer weapon range (this is not a knife, is a freaking sword -.-)

-Better combo stance (or make a new one)

-Non-elemental weapon (this is just a suggestion, considering we have just one single shield&sword weapon type)

-Chroma element changer (put an elemental mod in the first slot and transform the sword into that element)

-Visual rework (this is just a suggestion, but i really want to see something like this)

300px-Draconic_Shield_Concept_Art.jpg

and this

SG203.png

Oooor make a new shield and sword wep

Tyl comes with U17 and guess what... he will drop a sword and shield weapon. If results better than silva....

I agree the silva and aegis needs a buff, and while the range is bad it shouldn't be increased drastically. It is supposed to be a short sword and shield, somewhat Roman Legion style. I believe an increase in damage wouldn't be harmful, and maybe an increase in shield size or give the shield a unique mechanic where it can very slowly cause you to regain health when blocking. Either through a base amount of health per second or health regained dependent on how much damage has been blocked to help it scale with a set limit of how much health can be regained

Edit: Or maybe cause some damage to be reflected innately. Especially on the silva and aegis, so when you are damaged some fire is reflected by the shield and can potentially cause a fire proc to the enemy

Edited by Surtur

Removing the elemental thing would maybe not be the best approach. But I do agree that the complete lack of physical damage attributes makes this weapon half as powerful as, lets say a Skana. 

Status procs are all fine and dandy but they are worth jack-S#&$ if they don't actually kill your target in a reasonable amount of time. 

As for the combo stance. I agree. The one we have lacks some very basic ones like a RMB-E for a simple shield bash. Hold the shield up and smack someone in the face with it. Or if that is too simple: RMB-E-E. Smack someone in the face to stagger them back a step and then shove that sword into their face, 300 style. 

The range point I also get. I like my melee weapons to have some range, but then again as a shield I think DE thought it'd be more in your face then some other weapons. But since it lacks a stance with some fast, quick and easy CC "counter-attacks" the really close range approach doesn't fit. 

Now that stamina is gone:

Silva & Aegis should be top-tier in damage mitigation while blocking.

Enemies doing melee attacks while the player is blocking should be 100% blocked and retorted with an auto-stagger in the enemy. 

SHould be a high status, fast hitting weapon IMO.

Duuude, this is a butff Silva & Aegis thread. 

I have stated where  it SHOULD BE. 

a sword + shield melee weapon should be the weapon which mitigates damage the most. 

In case you lost the memo, when stamina goes away, melee blocking will mitigate damage, not fully block it. Chanelling will partially reflect damage as well. 

The weapon class of sword+shield should be really effective at this. 

With Update 17 removing stamina, all melee weapons will have a new blocking system, in which they will mitigate a percentage of damage, depending on what type of weapon they are.  Channeling the weapon will reflect damage, which will stack with the Reflection mod, and I believe channeling efficiency will also depend on the the weapon.  I expect this will become quite the boon for Silva and Aegis, if they make the "sword and shield" category the most effective at blocking, which I don't see why they wouldn't.

I think probably the only thing Silva and Aegis needs is a damage buff; its design is very unique, both aesthetically and mechanically, but it would be a lot more fun to use, if it didn't feel like wielding a paper plate and butter knife.  I expect the new blocking system will help a lot, and at that point, the only thing I could ask for is that it packs, a little more heat.

Edited by Dell_the_Engie