Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sniper Overlay Colour Customisation? And Some Other Quibbles...

AlphaSierraMike

I reckon we should be able to change our scope overlay's colour, whether that be a separate colour picker or the energy colour.

On bright maps like Void and Simulacrum, it's nearly impossible to tell the difference between the overlay and a wall unless you look very hard at it.. And with the upcoming PvP map that looks like it's set in a Simulacrum like space, this is going to be very irritating.

The only exception is probably the Vulkar with is massive red dot reticle....

Speaking of massive red dot, except for the Lanka and Snipetron, the reticle on sniper rifles are way too big, misrepresenting the area in which the bullet can hit. Reticles on sniper rifles are meant to show where shots will register a hit. Once an enemy goes into that reticle, I should be able to count on the the shot actually connecting, not second guess where the shot will actually land in that reticle.

This is especially irritating in longer ranges where the reticle is larger than enemies' heads. Now I can't even make out where the dude's head is. I just don't get why regular rifles have a smaller, more accurate reticle than a sniper rifle, when needs a clearer point of aim to be used effectively.

Either make the reticle smaller, or display the hipfire dot in scope and lower the opacity of the overlay. Either one works fine in my mind.

How about making snipers viable before anything?

This is making snipers more viable. You'll be surprised how much easier it is to go for headshot when you can see what you're shooting at.

And add actual zoom. You know, so that the dot doesn't cover half the enemy's torso.

Yeah... it's not exactly fair on Vectis when it gets its legs broken right off the start with the zoom level of a normal weapon. But then again, it's been like this for ages with the Vectis, maybe it's meant to be a "defining characteristic".

Who knows, maybe they might eventually put a utility slot on weapons as well for +zoom.