Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

General Polish

ZurekMorraff

With U17 on its way, I think some General Polish would be nice to have thrown into the mix of the wave of Hotfix's to come.

Here's a List of things I would like to see polished in the near future:

Chroma:

Currently, when playing as Chroma, if you use his 3 (Vex Armor), which can be cast while moving, then immediately active his 2 (Elemental Ward), which can not be cast while moving, it will play the activation animation for Elemental Ward Multiple times (2 times on average). This has caused my untimely death more then a handful of times, for you are unable to do anything else until the extra animations finish playing. I also found that if you do the above, and then try to quick melee to attempt to stop the extra animations, it will cause MORE extra animations to play. I've had the Elemental Ward animation play 7 times before.

Again, with Chroma, the placement of weapons on his frame for Melee, and Dual/Ak-/Twin Secondaries are all off in a way.

If you equip Chroma with Dual/Ak-/Twin Secondaries, they don't line up properly, with the right handed weapon sitting way to far forwards.

His Melee weapons, they sit in the exact same place as his Primary weapons (Excluding Daggers, Pole-arms, and Staffs.) They mesh together in an unsightly manner, and a simple fix would be to just move them to a similar position of the Pole-arms and Staffs.

Limbo:

Limbo and his Rift qualities need some fine tuning. Limbo and his Rift-Logic has already gone through a huge amount of tuning as it currently stands. The few things that still stick out, however:

When entering Cataclysm, your Sentinel does not. Sentinels stay within the Material Plane (The normal plane), even with within Cataclysms range.

Sentinels also do not follow Limbo into the Rift plane when he casts Rift Walk.

Resources, Energy/Health/Affinity Orbs , Mods, Ammo, other Misc-Loot items, Security Consoles, Turrets, Death Orbs, Laser Plates, and all other Misc-Objects, should be able to be interacted with, when within the range of Cataclysm. Similar to how while Boss units can't be directly Banished into the Rift Plane, they will enter the Rift Plane when they enter Cataclysm's range. If Cryo-Pods, Excavators, and Mobile Defense Consoles, can be placed in the Rift Plane via-Cataclysm, everything else should to.

Valkyr:

Can we just get Hysteria looked at? I'm not asking for a re-work, i'm not asking for a new combo list, i'm not even asking for ability tweaks. All i'm asking for is a fix to how when you start busting out a combo on a ledge, or at the top of some stairs, you will literally start walking on air/the hitbox of your enemies.

Void Turrets:

They, um... just don't work any more? They haven't worked in a while, and i'm starting to miss the little buggers shooting at me...

Melee Color Customization:

Some time ago, for I'm not 100% sure when this started, when you change the color on a melee weapon, it goes from the defense stance, to standing-idle stance, where it used to just stay in the defense stance. For most weapons, this really isn't an issue, but for weapons like the Silva & Aegis, this becomes an annoying process of "change color, back out, back in, change color, repeat..." until the player is satisfied. 

Color Customization for Secondaries:

We've all had this issue once or twice, where we go to change the color of our Secondary weapon, and find ourselves looking at the side of our Warframe, and not the Weapons itself, due to the Stance holding it off screen. It would be nice if the camera would lock onto the Secondary Weapon for instances like this.

"But what about the Kunai, Hikou, Despair, and Castana that have both a Holster, and the Weapon?"

What about a button that shifts the Camera from Holster to Weapon, and vice-versa?

Stealth Kill "Alertness":

I see this one pretty regularly, but why must a Stealth kill be defined by only One-Shot kills?

If I mow down an enemy unit with my Hikou, and no other units become alerted, it should count as a Stealth Kill, and give a stack to the Stealth Kill Affinity Multiplier. While I fear this could be horribly tricky to pin down, it would be a nice change.

The only idea I can come up with:

What if every enemy unit was given an "area of alertness", a kind of invisible bubble (more ellipse shaped, due to enemies not having eyes on the back of their heads, unless you count the Grineer Manic and it's multiple masks...) , that's range would be defined by the units role, not rank. A Butcher's "area of alertness" would be much smaller then say, that of a Ballista's, due to their different natures. This "area of alertness" would define whether or not the death of an allied unit would alert the unit itself, if a silent weapon was used.

This would do away with those comic moments of "The guard who was shoulder to shoulder with me, just went flying through the air with the force of a nuclear launched missile, with an arrow sticking in his back, and is now pinned to the wall, but happened to be about 6 inches behind me at the time... totally normal, carry on..." and the annoying moments of "I just killed a butcher with my Hikou, but because it took 3 Hikou Stars, and though no one else was alerted, it didn't count as a Stealth Kill."

Bloom:

Can we maybe get a Bloom Slider? As much as I would like to use the Bloom option, it can be horrible overpowering at times. I know one way to fix this is by turning of other settings, I think its HDR, but i don't particularly like how the game looks with HDR off.

This is really all I can think of at the moment, but i'd really like to hear what you all think about these ideas, and hear what you all would like to have polished in the future.

Thanks for taking the time to read through this!

://:Post-U17://:

All Listed Items no longer relevant will be Crossed Out as they are Polished Out.

Edited by ZurekMorraff

Who is this general polish you speak of and what army is he a general of?

General Polish is polish, obviously. From Poland.

Ancients and scorpions don't have to face you when they grapple. They can shoot it behind their backs. They can do it in their sleep, stunned, blinded, even knocked down.

Also, enemies are sometimes unaffected by stun effects because they are simply too busy killing you.

This needs to be fixed.

Edited by LABAL

how do you know that things like this aren't already in u17?   HMMMMM..   chill dude or dudette

Honestly, they could have been (Have yet to cross referance my list with the patch notes, though i don;t think anything i listed was mentioned. Might have overlooked it, of which i appologies. I'm Dyslexic, and words like to get mixed up a lot...)

I was just trying to list out some generalized things in a simple, explanitory, manor. I didn't mean to come across as... abrasive, or demanding in any way, though my portion on Limbo could be read that way, it seems. Again, appologies mate.

Though These Things have been around for a good time, and i'd like to see them squared away, though they arn't anything remotley game breaking, unlike my terrible spelling. xD

I have actually never had a death based on the chroma 3 > 2 combo

It's just a small bug that only presents itself if you cast 3>2 immediatly.

I think it has something to do with forcing the game to allow you to cast an ability that normally can't be cast on-the-go, while casting it on-the-go. Maybe 3's casting animation overrides the game and "tricks" it into thinking that you are stationary, when you arn't...? I honestly couldn't say with certainty about any of that though, since i have no personal knowledge of programming.

But it can be annoying when you have to sit through the second, or third, cast animation.

I can't be serious right now..

310936d1329943571-polish-hat-eagles-gene

Yeah... I kinda figured something was wrong when i went to type out the title, but they appear to be spelt the same, unless the internet lied to me.... i was actually hoping someone would post something like this. Thanks! xD