Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Possible Fix For Ultra Slow Updating

Rubere

Hi everyone! Today (and also ever since I started the install of warframe long ago) I also experienced cripplingly slow download speeds. Down to below a kilobyte at some points. 

I got really frustrated and started looking for fixes, but none helped. I got to thinking, maybe the problem isn't DE, my computer, or my client... Maybe it's my router.

And it totally was.

This may only work if you have XFinity/Comcast, I don't know, I'm not a tech wizard. It shouldn't hurt to try anyway. What I had to do was log into my router, go to wifi, and change the mode to 802.11n. This shot my download speed from below a kilobyte to over 2mbps, on the warframe launcher.

Step by step:

1. Type http://10.0.0.1/ into your address bar. (I believe this is only for XFinity home routers)

2. Log in to your router using the default username and password, unless you changed it. (Usually will be "admin, password" or "admin, admin")

3. Not sure what this would be on other routers, but go to "Gateway," "Wifi,"

4. Select whichever signal you use for playing warframe (for most people there should be only one, I believe)

4.5 REMEMBER YOUR ORIGINAL SETTINGS. I claim no responsibility if you mess up and can't remember how things were. You'll have to configure your router if you royally screw up.

5. Go down to "Mode" and change it to 802.11n, or if that's not an option, test your speeds with whatever available options there are.

I sincerely hopes this helps some of you! This also drastically improved my speeds off of warframe as well, so this could potentially fix other problems you may have been having. GOOD LUCK!

Edited by Cakebaby

• 3 months later...