Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Suggestion] A Possible Idea For Clan Size & Dojos

*Topic preview doesn't exactly make this thread too appealing =/*

This is kinda long, but I think this is a fairly possible, and to a certain extent, reasonable, suggestion with regards to "clan balancing" and dojos.   So, as it stands, clans who have large numbers people with decent amounts of resources, will be able to build stuff instantly, or at least have the resources required, instantly. Although that's fine and dandy, not everyone wants to be in a large clan for various reasons.  However, some have realized that the only way to obtain certain weapons/items/etc., is to be apart of a clan.  Of course, some will join the large ones,  where they don't know anyone and don't really care about anyone since they are there for their own benefit.  Heck, for many who join, they will have no say on how a dojo is built and how their resoruces are allocated.   Some people will leech off of a clan for their own benefit without adding a single credit or resource, and then leave them once everything possible has been done/made.  Sounds pretty counter-productive since clans should be groups of people who stay together, interact together and actually work together for a long time.

Being from a very very small clan (just two friends and me for now), we are struggling to get the resources needed and although we wouldn't mind paying plat. for some of the resources (if it was an option), we realize that it is simply overwhelming, and others who are in very small clans, can relate to this.  In my opinion, time isn't an issue since good things in life, sometimes take a while, but i really can not see a small clan being able to get as many credits (like the rooms that cost 1million credits) or as many of a particular resource (ie. nano spores) and then have to do it over and over and over for the other rooms in the dojo.  Now, moving on, here's my suggestion.

Have clans be split into three groups, and each group has a benefit & cost to it.

Large Clan

Large clans are clans with 200+ members*

Medium Clan

Medium clans are clans with 101 - 200 members*

Small Clan

Small clans are clans with 1 - 100 members*

*Of course, these are just rough numbers that are to give an idea for how they could be separated.  Now, being that they are separated based off size, there should be various benefits and costs for being in a small, medium, or large clan.

Benefits and costs of being in a large clan

+  The amount of time that is need to actually build something, after the required resources are collected, should be much shorter (perhaps even cut in half).

-  The downside to being in a larger clan, is that the amount of resources and credits needed, will be doubled, which shouldn't be an issue for those who are in a large enough clan, right?

Benefits and costs of being in a medium clan

+  The amount of time needed to build something, after required resources are collected, is the same as it currently is as is the resource requirements.

-  There really isn't any downsides since it would stay the same in terms of resource requirements, but it should still prove to b a challenge none the less

Benefits and costs of being in a small clan

+  The amount of resources that are needed to build something, is reduced by X%  (for the sake of argument, I'll go with 5 - 10%)

-  The amount of time needed to build something, after the required resources are collected, are much much longer (like, triple the time length or an extreme time length, would be a whole week) and if plat is an option to speed it up (not sure if it is or isn't), then make it so that platinum can not be used to speed it up.

The Issues

Clans starting small, then going big, thus beating the system

Now, the main issue that would rise from such a thing is the possibility of people exploiting it by making  small clan, build all that they desire, and then start recruiting others to join them, thus avoiding the costs of resources.  This could be addressed by having a clan pre-decide if they will be a large clan, medium clan, or small clan.  Upon choosing the size, a clan can not upgrade itself to a higher ranking, meaning that small clans can't change to be a medium clan or a large clan.  However, a large clan, can downsize themselves to a medium or small size, and a medium clan, can downsize itself to a small clan size.

"How would a large/medium clan start as a large/medium clan?"

This is one of the issues that I have with my idea and I honestly have no idea what to do expect one possible suggestion, but I know it will definitely not be liked, at all.  The idea, would be that a person who wants to have a large/medium clan, would have to apply for a "large/medium clan status" (which does not have any price tags attached to it) which would have a sort of "wait time" where they will need to recruit the minimum number of people in order to gain that status (Eg. for medium clan, it would be 101 people, large clan, 201 people).  Of course, the soon-to-be clan wouldn't be able to build stuff in their dojo, but once the number of members required is met, they then are given the status of being an established large/medium clan and can begin to build their dojo.   For those in a small clan, it would allow them to be able to start earlier since they are smaller and, based off my suggestions above here, they would need the head start since building things in the dojo, will take much much longer.

Exact clan size requirements

As I stated earlier, the ranges for the clan sizes are up in the air for now since I have no idea how big they currently are, and so I just used numbers as a place holder for the time being.   The requirements could even be something smaller, such as Small Clans = 1 - 50 members, medium = 51 - 100 members, and large = 100+ members.   This can be addressed later on when clans are more established and statistical numbers are available.

Events and clans

In the event of future events being held in which clans who deal the most damage, collect the most of X, or destroy the most of Y, are rewarded, there is a gray line that arises and this is where there can be two ways of dealing with it.  First idea, is that its simply every guild for themself.  Don't like it?  Then have another guild join you to increase your chances (which brings up the idea of guilds being allies).  Second, split the rewards into three ranks, one for the large clans, the medium clans and the small clans.  If this is done, then naturally the larger clan should have the larger reward since they have more, and the medium clan have the second largest, and the small clans have the third largest.  The reasoning for the larger clans getting the larger amount of rewards, is that it would be allocated more amongst the many members in the clan.  This too will cause issues but that would be dealt with in future threads.

So, this is my thinking of how to possibly balance the current issues that some people are having with clans and dojos.   Of course, this dojo and clan system is still in its alpha stage, so perhaps the exact number of a particular resource will change over time and even different resources, like ruebodeo, will be needed, but we'll have to wait and see.  I'm open for suggestions and feedback.  Criticism is fine, as long as it is done in a constructive manner.

tl;dr: Although you should read it since there are tons of details and many issues are hopefully addressed, Ill sum things up.  In short, split clans into three groups (based off number of members), and allow resource requirements/build times to be altered, based off the group.

Edited by Law_Abiding_Engineer

Honestly, I'd like to build a dojo for myself and maybe a couple of other people. I'm not committed enough to Warframe to make a big clan, but I still want to get the most out of dojo by building it mostly by myself.

Honestly, I'd like to build a dojo for myself and maybe a couple of other people. I'm not committed enough to Warframe to make a big clan, but I still want to get the most out of dojo by building it mostly by myself.

Same here, which is why my few friends and I, are going to stay in it to see hwo far we can go.   We don't plan on being a large clan or one that recruits people who are top notch, just to look good. We just want to have a fun time and be able to work together to build stuff.  For now, it really sucks but were building an elevator and a three way hall (elevator so we get access to the next floor, and three way hall so we can have the research stuff there).