Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stealth 2.0

(PSN)L-B-H-100

Intro

In Warframe, ever since the spy 2.0 event, stealth kills became very rewarding once you stack the affinity with each silent execution. However, if there’s anything that changed actual stealth in the game, it would be only that. Therefore I believe that the development team of Warframe should work on a total stealth overhaul. A new way to execute targets with great precision. You may also call it an assault overhaul, as this may affect the beginning of some missions as an option.

Before I start

There are a few things I want to add before I start this concept. A list of things that need to get done before planning for an overhaul.

1) The enemies, be it as they are mindless clones, seem to have no sense of direction. Often we approach a clustered mess of enemies, running in to each other and wondering to other rooms. Sometime I see an enemy in a spy vault whom is not supposed to be there in the first place.

Either getting each one on a patrol path or restricting them from the next room could fix this known glitch. If the enemies are alerted, then they may have the freedom to go to the next room.

2) Most of us may be familiar with this glitch. Once enemies are alerted, the present room or the next, they do not let go of their cover. This may not seem like a big deal, but most players notice, including myself, that the enemies’ vision increases in one direction by almost 180 degrees. Making them almost impossible to go around. It does not matter if you turn off the alarms to signal an all clear, they will stay in that position until disturbed.

3) Enemy and feral kubrows ruin everything. Mostly the enemy kubrows, I don’t know what the problem is, but they seem to know where we are instantly. About the feral kubrows, they seem to alert the enemy before we get the next map on earth, ruining our streak.

That’s about it for the basic glitches, now let’s get to the real action. Cue the dubstep!

.....oh yeah, can we get little more dubstep on Warframe?

more stealth gameplay glitches here.

Anyway, here’s a list of my suggestions that would fit with the games gameplay, making it somewhat familiar, and easy to master.

STEALTH 2.0 CONCEPT

1) Keep the affinity stack on each stealth kill

I love this feature, I think it made the game unique in a way than any other online stealth game released. Are there another, popular, online stealth games?

2) Levels of enemies’ awareness

There should be four levels of the enemies’ awareness.

Neutral – where the enemy stays in a stationary position or resumes patrol

Suspicious – where the enemy has heard a gunshot or has seen a body, looking for the next Tenno in sight. The enemy would have a much faster pace than before. Other enemies around the area would also be in this state as they have just been briefed. If the enemy sees you he would have two seconds to react. The enemy will have a symbol near his head and a timer presented in your hud. If more than one enemy sees you, the timer would be shortened. You have the option to either hide from or kill these enemies before your timer reaches zero.

Alerted – where the enemy is now aware of your presence and is now alerting others around the area via communication from there headset. Once the enemies have been briefed of a Tenno sighting, they will attempt to set off the alarm. The enemy that attempt to set off the alarm would be highlighted.

Lethal – were the enemy is now trying to kill you.

3) Via communication and alerted enemies

Refer to number 2 for this one. Once the enemy is alerted of your presence, he will attempt to communicate with others around him using his headset. You would only get two seconds to kill him. The timer would be presented above the alerted enemies head. If the alerted enemy sees you approaching with any weapon in hand, he will open fire, alerting the enemies around you anyway. If you are to kill the alerted enemy in time, the enemies around the area would still be suspicions, and you may resume being sneaky.

4) Give us more gear!

We are ninjas in this game. Most themed ninja based protagonists have a lot of gear such as smoke bombs, traps, grapples, and poison darts. Since we already have Ash, Loki, and Valkyr, I’ll keep it simple

Other gear suggestions may not be necessary, however I have come up with other gear suggestions such as com disablers, rope wires, and trip mines.

Actually, a rope wire as a gear item wouldn’t be half bad. We are now able to walk on top of them. This way, we can stay above the enemy’s heads and take position with our bow and arrow. That would be awesome.

Cloaking devises would be cool too. Though we already have invisibility Warframes, it’s more of a want than a need.

5) Environment.

More rope wires, more places to hide, more vantage points, more vents etc. points where we don’t haft to worry about getting spotted. Empty lockers and creates if you can.

We also need more than clinging to walls as vantage points.

6) Try to link with parkour 2.0

Parkour 2.0 is now released introducing a new level of combat using the flow of momentum to your advantage. I believe now would be a good opportunity to have this new mechanic link in some ways with a stealth overhaul.

7) New Tenno-vision

We could use our scanners to look through walls, but that almost seems unintended by the developers. I was thinking of a new gear item similar to the scanner, to which we could use for stealth only. This particular item could be used to determine the enemies distance and which direction they’re looking (a highlighted cone). With this we would be able to determine where we can be more effective. You could also create enemies or enemy equipment’s with disrupters on high level planets to jam the signal. It would also be a good feature if this item could also highlight vantage points mentioned in number 5.

8) Enemy patrols and mission overhaul.

Exterminate, mobile defense, assassination, spy, rescue, recovery, capture, sabotage, and deception missions are the only ones that should be compatible with this overhaul.

Enemies would take positions in each tile set. On low level missions, enemies would be more scattered and take patrols with their own path. On higher level missions, there still would be enemies that have their own patrols, but there would also be enemies in small, three to four person groups around the room as well. This would help enemies spawn more in a balanced way. Snipers would also have positions of their own on towers or vantage points in the room, making them crucial to killing them first. The snipers would have a much thinner line of sight highlighted as a cone by the Tenno-vision.

Assassination missions would have a special execution on the target enemy once preformed correctly. If the player is able to reach and strike the target without detection, he would be rewarded with bonus damage on the boss before the actual boss fight is active. If the enemy is fully aware of your presence before you reach the boss, and is able to set off the alarm, the fight will continue as it originally has. Please note that each boss would be paranoid. Meaning that if the alarm is set off, than there would be no way to disable it.

Assassination, deception, and sabotage missions would only have stealth optional at the beginning of the mission. Once the objective is complete, the mission would be in epilogue, and the Tenno must escape to extraction as the alarms go off automatically once the first objective is complete.

Mobile defense missions would only have enemies alerted if you yourself alert them, or as the objective is being defended.

Exterminate missions would have a risk if you are seen. More enemies would spawn near the room you are in and it would be harder to continue to the next room before killing them all.

9) Kubrows

I’ve never had a kubrow so some of these suggestions may not make sense.

I believe there should be a feature to where you are able to make your kubrow stay where he is. Then, if you are detected, your kubrow would rush into the battle from where you left him. I’m not sure if kubrow companions should be linked with stealth 2.0. I just think it would be too difficult to include them.

10) an alternate route

say that there's a battalion of enemies watching the door and you need to find a different way inside. i know it would be difficult to make vents that would connect to each tile-set, so why not make a "vent portal" mechanic instead. the vents would be near each door on each tile-set. these would act as vents, but are really teleporters to the another vent in the next room. just add interaction, a few vent crawling sounds, a fade to darkness screen, and vuala! you are now behind the enemies looking at the door. just be sure to put these vents in high places or vantage points so that other random enemies do not see us.

11) buff the enemy radar mods

if not Tenno vision, than at least do some more simple and fix the enemy radar mods. this mod is useful for spotting where enemies are stationed, however it is very hard to determine where the enemy is looking. so add just a tiny feature to it, and make it show were they are looking and how long their sight is in a triangle.

Things to add

- Not sure if the enemies should have a timer or a depleting bar above their head.

- There could be a new adjustable feature in options to make these timers larger or visible.

- Please note that these new mechanic concepts are optional, you may resume each mission as you normally would now.

- may do a few art concepts linked to this page as to what these new symbols on you hud would look like.

- Maybe there should be a gear item to jam the enemies signal?

- infested would most likely not be effected.

That’s about it. If not all of these ideas, I hope the developers would consider some of these suggestions to make the game more ninja-like. I also hope they look at the glitches listed before the suggestions as well, and take them to mind before moving on.

Thanks for reading, please share your comments and feel free to suggest anything I might have missed.

If you enjoy this concept and wish to support, please link this topic to any other comments that relate to this.

this concept is of many that i have created. i like to call them 2.0 and 1.0 concepts, where i describe a much needed 2.0 reboot or a new 1.0 mechanic in a detailed and organized way. so far I've been getting mostly positive reviews from these concepts, and hope to get even more in the future. if you like this concept, check out more of them in these links. please note that these are concepts and may not be implemented in the game anytime soon.

Home | Energy Summon 1.0 | Stealth 2.0 | Tenno Blade 1.0 | Power Evolution 1.0 | Focus 1.0 | Clan Management 1.0

Fight on, Tenno!

Edited by (PS4)L-B-H-100

I hate to say this, but IF YOU USE AIR GLIDE you can basically make them think your a ghost, and srs if you fine a group of enimes airglide out of the way, and find a way around them.(I use valkyr and still sneak decently) I don't want to say this, but most of your ideas on sneak are based on Metal Gear Solid. AND NO DHRAK MASTERS AND THEIR PETS DO NOT ALERT THE ENEMY.  Scanners now TAKE OFF YOUR STEALTH when used.

*Your ideas are great, however they seem a bit too hard for newer players altough I have beaten Metal Gear Solid peace walker. Oh yeah i would like warframe to highlight the enemy that first spotted you . Oh yeah, ziplines are already placed pretty well, so you don't need to worry about that, what you should worry about is the stealth in the grineer tileselt which is suited for parkour 1.0. AND PLEASE DON'T MAKE LOKI A FARM FRAME. I think SPY 2.0 should have 3X AFFINITY IF YOU DO NOT KILL A SCANNER OR ENEMY (NOT SENSOR) KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!

EDIT:

OnLy spawn synd specters when first spotted, despawn them when you are in the clear.

Edited by Magnulast

I hate to say this, but IF YOU USE AIR GLIDE you can basically make them think your a ghost, and srs if you fine a group of enimes airglide out of the way, and find a way around them.(I use valkyr and still sneak decently) I don't want to say this, but most of your ideas on sneak are based on Metal Gear Solid. AND NO DHRAK MASTERS AND THEIR PETS DO NOT ALERT THE ENEMY.  Scanners now TAKE OFF YOUR STEALTH when used.

*Your ideas are great, however they seem a bit too hard for newer players altough I have beaten Metal Gear Solid peace walker. Oh yeah i would like warframe to highlight the enemy that first spotted you . Oh yeah, ziplines are already placed pretty well, so you don't need to worry about that, what you should worry about is the stealth in the grineer tileselt which is suited for parkour 1.0. AND PLEASE DON'T MAKE LOKI A FARM FRAME. I think SPY 2.0 should have 3X AFFINITY IF YOU DO NOT KILL A SCANNER OR ENEMY (NOT SENSOR) KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!

EDIT:

OnLy spawn synd specters when first spotted, despawn them when you are in the clear.

i hate to say this, but almost every critic makes that assumption. that stealth ideas like this are are always similar to metal gear solid. i'm pretty tired of it. look up any stealth idea from any game ever and some guy manages to compare one thing to metal gear solid. metal gear games are "the" stealth games, so i would imagine it being hard for most game companies to create a unique play style. that why most other stealth games suck. the only two stealth game that are unique that i know of is Batman arkham series and metal gear solid.

im sure DE will create a walkthrough to explain this mechanic if released, just as they have with parkour 2.0

its true that dhrak enemies or their kubrows do not alert enemies, however they do seem to throw you off pattern. that, and its only a matter of time before the developers patch it up.

I like the gears idea, but let the codex scanners as they are, after all you need to see where the enemies are if you wanna pokedex 'em. The assassination stealth might be already in though, works on sergeant says the wiki. How would your assassination idea work on bosses that have multiple levels like Tyl Regor? Also, the mobile defence would seem kind of weird, since you'd take out the "Defence"

Also (excuse my 2nd post but phone keyboard is a little small and it's kind of easy to click "Send"), I like the enemies idea since the enemies we got now seem to be dancing and turning around constantly while being stuck (reason for failing stealth missions with no good ranged stealth weapon). Kubrows would definitly be sweet to be a little different, such as commanding them to do stuff (Attack that enemy, unlock that locker, sit there, jump there, stealth kill that guy etc.), although the kubrows can be really useful as they are since they still help you in stealth (Huras Kubrows) and also if you're killing an enemy close to the other and he detects you, any kubrow goes to him and puts him down fast (atleast happened with sunika kubrows or any kubrows that use finisher attacks to me).

I like the gears idea, but let the codex scanners as they are, after all you need to see where the enemies are if you wanna pokedex 'em. The assassination stealth might be already in though, works on sergeant says the wiki. How would your assassination idea work on bosses that have multiple levels like Tyl Regor? Also, the mobile defence would seem kind of weird, since you'd take out the "Defence"

thank you for the support, though i mentioned once in the comments that enemies will be alerted in mobile defense, as the objective is active and being attacked.

i understand why you think the Tenno vision was going a little too far, i like to use the scanner as much as anybody, and you can determine where the enemy is looking by determining their position.

something additional i'd like to see added

different detection methods:

the grineer are a militaristic race and should be more like one having radio communications for all there troops allowing them to remotely alert the ship to the players presents, but not to lock down, that still requires the console

the corpus are said to use there robotics for everything so have them be able to detect and immediately alert the ship but corpus humans can also use the console to both alert and lock down the ship

the infested are a hive as state in the lore so what i was thinking is that when one infested is injured or killed it alerts nearby infest to it's location. in addition the player will be located temporarally if they get within the infesteds poor eye sight or make a noise within there enhanced hearing range

A fellow Stealth Advocate! You have my full support! I even have links to some topics I've posted (both recently and long ago) that sync up perfectly with some of your ideas.

~STEALTH AID GEAR~
https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/505171-stealth-aid-gear/

~ENVIRONMENTAL STEALTH~
https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/341705-more-secret-passages/

Although that last one has been archived and is no longer able to be replied-to...

Anyway, maybe also add a note about Sentinels. Not a big one, mind you, but I'd appreciate if they hovered down behind your back instead of constantly staying above your head. Makes hiding behind low boxes a bit difficult.

Edited by Soldatto

I'M SO EMBARRASSED!!!!  D-||:) (blushing sad face)

I accidentally titled the main section ''parkour 2.0 concept" instead of "STEALTH 2.0 concept."

WHY DID NO ONE TELL ME????!!!!!

edited. hope no one was confused......sorry. (:||-) (blushing smile face)

We also need end-of-mission bonuses for stealth completion, e.g. a bonus for setting off fewer alarms (small bonus at 2 alarms, larger bonus at 1 alarm, max bonus at 0 alarms triggered), a bonus for not getting spotted (starts at 10, increasing bonus down to 0). Maybe even a bonus for killing as few enemies as possible. These bonuses need to be substantial, so that there's an actual incentive to play stealthy instead of run-n-gun.

Well, try playing Sniper Elite 3 and Mark of the Ninja, great stealth in those games.

I need to second this, especially Mark of the Ninja.

- Use of shadows

- Creation of shadows by destroying light sources

- Camouflaged as non-threatening objects or personnel that has the necessary access privileges to be there

- Hiding in objects

- "Peeking / Peri-scoping / Mirroring Around Corners" aka being able to see enemies without breaking stealth

- Use of staying out of a known cone of awareness

- Use of "levels" by being above or below an enemy to avoid detection aka "They rarely look up"

- Unexpected areas of entry and passage, such as but not limited to vents, sewers, ditches, false ceilings, maintenance shafts, etc

- Easily disregarded non-threatening distractions

- Using the above mechanics to ambush targets for the stealth kill

Warframe has a fraction of these. Wish I could +1 your first post but I didn't get the sense it drew on much of this and this is how I envision the ideal stealth due to being spoiled by games like Mark of the Ninja.

In the mean time, I just bring Loki when I want to future ninja stealth my way to victory. Not Ash though, Ash is trash *shudders*.

Edited by CanadianWolverine

I would really like it if they would make spy missions more realistic, i.e. when one enemy sees you it's ridiculous that the entire room is aggro'd. Esp. if it's in a situation where you just land from way up high in-front of an enemy and immediately kill them. Somehow the whole room knows you're there. The enemy wouldn't have alerted them all by that point, especially because they wouldn't be able to react instantly, they would be in shock for a second or so.

For kubrows, make them attack or go to position with marks, if one enemy is marked he attacks the enemy, if you place a mark, he goes to the mark and now this would work only if you are in stealth because if you are not there's no sense that the kubrow goes out, and attacks marked enemies, he does it without marking and oneshot their mind :D

Actually, all ideas are from Metal Gear Solid, but you know what makes Metal Gear Solid so good? It's a realistic stealth game so if you try to make something A LOT different it makes no sense from what stealth is. Enemies have radios so it would be nice they don't have those symbols in their head or whatever, but a global indicator of the enemy's satuts (yeah, Metal Gear of course) but they would not relax in any way if they find a body they will look for you and they will take a position where they all cover their flanks (snipers are the only weak spot in this formation) also something I hate in this game about stealth it's that if you fire a weapon they will not come to see what happens, no, they will come to rape you. And the one and last thing is, in extermination missions, their positions are nice but make them covering positions and work in the ships, like grineer in the computers while others are in the door covering etc... Other thing, spy missions that's where the enemies should be almost all guards, yes, I'm saying guards like the ones in rescue missions. ¿Why? It's supposed they are covering VERY important data so why you don't fortificate the place with guards everywhere in every door and every corner?

After all this, the points are: Make enemies work as a group in missions and taking flanks, make them more real and I know grineer have a CI of -999 but this is not a reason they see all they squad dead and not to take any measure and the one and I think the last thing and please, make this because it would be awesome! ¡ENEMY RANKS! Soldier, Commander etc etc... making that they have a structure where if you kill the important one in a squad they would become crazy and yes, they would not do as effectively their tactics flanking you and your team. Just make the IA better, not their armour xD

With the release of equinox, and sleep being a thing.   Sleep darts shouldnt be out of the question.  While they would do literally no damage, it could let you supress a enemy at range that might be onto you. 

Other than that, im totalyl for the stealth system to be expanded/ reworked.  its definitely a bit borked.  What with enemies sometimes having x-ray vision while other times completely turning a blind eye to the tenno standing right there. 

As for Kubrows, they should either be changed, or have a mod to enable a passive state. Similar to shade's revenge mod, they should not attack if the enemy is unaware of your presence. As it is realyl annoying when you are performing a stealth take down, and your kubrow decides that since you are attacking, then it should attack the other guy, alerting them. 

Nice concept! +1. For the tenno-vision, what about adding a warframe mod, that will give you the ability to press a specific button to "focus" your ninja-senses in order to "feel" the presence of enemies through walls and highlight them. While in that focus mode you wont be able to use weapons obviously. Each level of the mod increase the highlight range.

Nice concept! +1. For the tenno-vision, what about adding a warframe mod, that will give you the ability to press a specific button to "focus" your ninja-senses in order to "feel" the presence of enemies through walls and highlight them. While in that focus mode you wont be able to use weapons obviously. Each level of the mod increase the highlight range.

Just FYI, you can already feel the presence of enemies, traps, and interactable objects through walls with a specific button.

In fact, its available from two pieces of gear (the scanner and the synthesis scanner), two mods for enemy radar (one aura, one utility mod), and one of the Banshee abilities Sonar provides the best radar.

I already use a combination of the enemy radar utility mod and the synthesis scanner to see through walls and gauge enemies positions, especially when I am taking out a Hive or freeing a prisoner from the Wardens.